Kind l300 LED with Aerogarden ultra LED auto grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LEDswag, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Yeah damn I think that's true for pretty much everywhere outside of Cali and Colorado haha, all I saw for months up until recently was whipped up and left to sit to purge, still oil and strong as hell, but not very tasty and pretty harsh, last shit I had made my nose burn like hell. Not a pleasant experience, but tasted like pine sol and was pretty solid high so I managed. I've been checking out some cheaper alternatives to the high dollar ovens as well, like converted pressure cookers with super thick polycarbonate lids over doubler boilers or heating pads, and luckily I do have access to vacuum pumps capable of producing shatter so I might give that a go, will throw it up here for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423850633.649349.jpg
    This was my attempt at a basic vacuum chamber last weekend, didn't go over as well as I'd hoped. The vac pump is straight up ww2 era antique, medical grade, probably made as a stomach pump, never used totally clean but getting it to run was a task in itself, motor was out of alignment and all this and that.

Once we did get it running, the mason jar vac chamber could only hold about 23hg before leaks become too much. Thought for sure I had a good chance, but round two will have much larger more durable chamber and more reliable/powerful vac.

3. Damn I'm gonna be jealous as hell if end up making some shatter
    My dabs also had that pine sol taste and got me nice and fucked up
    When I was getting dabs from Cali, they were too dope

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. So a quick update while waiting on sprouts.
    Luckily I gave the new LED a test run before the babies came up and I'm sure glad I did. I went in to check after a few hours and the temp was 100 degrees! And holy shit it's powerful. But the temp is a problem. 100 degrees is waaayyyyy too high. Is some more air circulation going to be enough to lower the temp back to a reasonable temp? Also going to raise the light up for sure, that'll definitely cut down some.

Explains why the damn light is so heavy, four cooling fans and the biggest heatsink I've ever seen. And still, this beats the heat of HPS by a long shot. The company claims 90+% efficiency so if less than 10% of the energy is making temps 100+, then I'm pretty excited to see what the other 90% is capable of.

5. Also, Dinafem Blue Amnesia XXL gets in this week and is getting planted along with the auto lemon skunk that went in two days back. The flowering periods of the three strains are roughly the same, the great white and amnesia say 8 weeks, the lemon says 10, so we'll see how the timing of the harvests works out and take notes for next grow.
    Speaking of... any suggestions for other good autoflowering strains? Preference is sativa but like monster indica/hybrids if yield is remarkable. Any Ideas?

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424193824.983691.jpg
    Can I get a hell yeah?
    Uhhhh, hell yeah!

So as you can see, I finally have signs of life. The lemon skunk somehow sprouted before the great white, even though it was planted two days later. The great white has a very thick outer shell, considering taking a file to the taproot to speed things up a little, but I'll see how things go overnight first.
    Getting more anchors and screws to raise the light tonight, maybe find another fan to keep the dreadful temp down as well. Just fine with aero LED, 100+ combined with kind LED. Maybe I'll go strictly kind once it's ready, idk.
    Also, no luck yet on the auto blue amnesia xxl, tracking has showed four days in customs, which isn't reassuring. Probably end up going back to Canada seed banks if it doesn't get here this week, plant an easy bud in its place in the mean time.
    Will upload a pic of updated setup tonight.

7. ITS ALIVEEE
    Lemon skunk just sounds like a scrumptious nug
    Be patient if you are expecting those seed usps
    They are so bad at delivering the mail it's crazy

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424233198.006854.jpg
    Setup complete.

Gonna give it a few hours to see if more ventilation is still needed, so far steady at 77 degrees.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424233300.685802.jpg
    Possible disaster.
    Came home to find lemon skunk plug completely dry. I have no idea how the pump was missing it, but I think I caught it early enough to save it, it was only for a few hours max and baby leaves were slightly droopy but not completely shriveled. Got Full spec lighting on now as you can see, hopefully enough to keep her going and get her back on track.

Fingers crossed she pulls through.

9. #49 HulkHogie8, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    keep us updated I really hope that lemon skunk pulls through
    what do you have holding that light up? something adjustable?

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424320734.219803.jpg
    Still a little discolored but she's gonna be ok!
    My garden is now full by the way, I lost patience on the amnesia and planted an easy bud in its place, because I'll likely have to replace the great white if it ever gets here. Almost a week no sprout, opened the plug and sure enough the seed was unphased after a week, so I filed the tip and hopefully some action will commence!
    To answer your question, I have 100+lb wall anchors attached to the two hanging clips that came with the lamp, one on each side. Since the walls are so close I can simply adjust by adding more anchors at higher points to raise the light.
    For temperature, I'll need a miracle. If the light is on for more than a few hours the temp rises to 95-100 degrees. Keeping the door open will allow some cool fresh air to bring it back down but is there another way? I have two fans in the closet circulating as much air as possible, but the space is so small so I can't add any more. Any ideas to chill the plants as well as myself out?

11. Maybe a mobile air conditioner unit?
    Idk man that is ways too high
    I guess more fans maybe keep your nutesoup in the fridge
    Hope you figure something out

12. It did just occur to me that I have a shitload of leftover Mylar from previous grow box, maybe at least lining the black top of the aerogarden will help reflect off some of that light that's getting absorbed right now. Science + weed = good
    At this point I'll give anything a try, although dropping an a/c unit in there sounds a little pricey, I'll look into it for sure, thanks for the support!

This heat would somewhat benefit me in the future if I co2 enhance with dry ice as well, from what I've seen the co2 absorption is highest in the mid to high eighties and adding dry ice to the picture just might bring the temp down and give the needed co2 at the same damn time.

I'm not trippin though, I know I'll figure something out. Holler if ya got more ideas please.

13. Idk Mylar may just make the room hotter

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424416527.266116.jpg
    I believe I found my solution...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424416582.258717.jpg
    Recovering well and getting bigger every day!

So as the picture shows, I made a major mod to my grow room; making it a grow room rather than a storage closet with an aerogarden in it. By taking out the clutter behind everything, my space has greatly increased, and my light has almost twice the amount of breathing room now, which should provide noticeable improvement. Also twice the amount of growth space when it comes to budding time, can't fucking wait to see that! It's interesting to me that this light was sold as lighting for only a 2'x2' area, I couldn't imagine the heat this thing would put out in a tent that size.

Like the thermometer says, I've managed to bring my temp down steady into the 80's. I keep the closet door cracked to slightly open when I'm home to help vent out some heat which has made a huge difference. Is ranging in the 80's acceptable? All air conditioning, even for this size room calls for funds I'm not capable of throwing down at the moment, so it'll have to do for now.

Still no sprout from easy bud or great white, starting to think great white is a dud, but leaving it alone to see if it surprises me. Meanwhile the amnesia has spent a week sitting in customs, so that's also up in the air...

I promise something interesting will happen soon. Hang in there with me brothers, our work will pay off.

15. That temp is a little high
    I took some notes on a forum I saw awhile ago it said:
    Lights on 72-77
    Lights off 66-70
    Maybe point a fan up towards the light and ceiling just to move around the stale hot air that rises

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424562683.891186.jpg
    Oh yeah, this is happening.
    Not yet though, I'll give the great white another week and if it's a dud I'll plant it, otherwise this will be for next cycle

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424581777.132044.jpg
    Second set of leaves coming in nicely, temperature finally steady in the 70's, just leaving the door open, doesn't bother me any and can't be seen from outside so I'm happy and clearly so is the plant. I know she's not perfectly healthy but considering the condition she was in immediately after sprouting, I'm very pleased. Baby leaves are bleached but they'll fall off soon anyways. Things are finally coming along nicely, no worries about temp so I can rest easy. Now just counting down the weeks, and waiting for the others to show signs of life...

18. Lookin nice so far
    Best of luck to ya

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424671739.728756.jpg
    Help?
    I mean, the pic speaks for itself. She's wilting, hardcore. I've seen that in soil w/ over and under watering but this is hydro. How do I fix this?

Could it maybe be the light is too low? It's a good 24" away now and 77 degrees at plant level but I could raise the light six feet if I had to.

20. I wouldn't say it is light related
    Looks more like a ph issue or nutrient deficiency