Kind l300 LED with Aerogarden ultra LED auto grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LEDswag, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Great white shark auto, easy bud, blue amnesia hydro with advanced nutrients and full spectrum LED w/ infrared and UV. I like my chances!

2. Let's see this setup

3. Ok, so this is going to be the beginning of what's hopefully my first successful grow. Had numerous attempts in the past, from childhood shwagseed to more reputable... Random bag seeds. All have failed completely due to family, bad location, males, and general rookie mistakes, but this is where all that changes. Finally received some official seeds from our dear friends to the north canadia and have begun germinating. Seeds are three easy bud from royal queen seeds purchased solely for having SOMETHING I grew that I can have all to myself, also came with two freebies, a Canuk seeds auto lemon skunk and an auto great white. Ultimate goal is a perpetual auto grow using Aerogarden ultra led base and a newly purchased KIND l300 LED Full spectrum grow light. Now I've been doing research for months and months and MONTHS, and as my girlfriend will gladly vouch for me, it is ALL I've been thinking of doing or talked about for the entire time. Needless to say, I'm fucking ready to get started!
    First of all, I'm using an Aerogarden, and I don't wanna hear anybody hating on that, I know it's a small reservoir, I know there's both cheaper and more efficient ways to grow good bud but this is what I got and it's what I'm going with, plus I figure auto flowers will hopefully cutdown on the chance of outgrowing my space. Second, I've tried growing out of this Aerogarden before, all males somehow, my luck I guess, but I know that this thing can grow fat crystal covered bud plants and I know I'm capable of tending to my plant's every wish and desire, but being as how I've never had a flowering female plant thus far, I will definitely need some help from any experienced growers willing to help.
    So now that that's outta the way, here's what I got:
    Aerogarden ultra LED, lights set at 20/4, O2 pump w/ air stone for roots, and advanced nutrients fertilizers, used Aerogarden base nutrients with fertilizers on the males and they seemed to do fantastic, outside of a minor pH imbalance here or there, all growers error of course. Will most likely be using the kind LED along with the Aerogarden LED hood on the side as supplemental lighting. Grow area is a 2'x3' closet. Will post pictures of the setup and seeds tonight after work. Fucking work. Wanna work on my PLANTS dammit!

4. Are the easy buds auto flowers? You are gonna have to do a lot of training to the plants for them to fit in that area

5. Will also post pictures of past failures when I get the chance, lord knows I logged every second of my downfall. But every failure was experience so add up all those males hermies and early pulls and I should be grow master by now right? Psyche! Have one male I just pulled last night, wasn't sure for the longest time and ended up letting it flower into pollen sacs for a week or so, good thing it was my only plant left. But starting over tonight, seed #1, the great white auto is in germination as we speak. Plan is to plant one seed every two weeks or so in order to have a flowering harvestable auto plant every two weeks to a month. I understand that with the Aerogarden I probably won't be able to pull more than three autos out of that reservoir but I'm willing to expand with a bucket or two down the road if absolutely necessary. Anybody else have experience with aero gardens or these strains?

6. Yes the easy buds are auto flower. From what I've seen they mostly grow stalky and vertical but this is why I'm planting one at a time, don't want a bush coming out into the hallway. Is training really feasible with autos? From what I've seen for the most part they veg so quick any training would cut down on final yield.

7. So this was my last fail, just pulled last night. Male. Seed was actually a gift from my grandfather, total hippie. Unfortunate but still gonna blast it for some bho, hopefully turns out better than last time I tried that with a male and some stems/trim, shit shot through the glass tube like a weed cannonball, pretty kickass actually, but no dab. image.jpg

8. Plants to the left were cilantro and Thai basil, I know not totally dank and crystally, but proofed good scent cover, and also I love a good bowl of pho every now and then! The KIND led should be here tomorrow, but should be alright without it for a lil bit, aero led will hold over through seedling stage of absolutely necessary.

9. This was the original setup before upgraded LED, worked through veg until I found out they were all males. image.jpg

Had a 2x2 cardboard box setup eventually lined with Mylar, but ditched the cardboard and now I'm using the whole room, actually about 26"x36+ longways total room if needed.

10. Actually might still have the dab disaster on video somewhere, I'll post it here if I find it.

11. Anyways back on topic, my nutrients, aside from using standard plant food that came with the Aerogarden, which might get eventually replaced with bloom micro grow down the road, haven't decided yet, also have advanced nutrients bud igniter, bud candy, and big bud. Planning on using co2 enhancement of some sort as well, either repeated bowls of baking soda and vinegar, or dry ice, which will likely be used in the future when my auto blue amnesia xxl from dinafem gets planted, but she's being shipped overseas right now so that's down the road. Also down the road is a planned outdoor grow using all autos as soon as the freezes stop, but that's a different section. Stay with me though, I plan on going big come spring time.

12. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Just so yall know I ain't playing!

13. image.jpg
    The male that got pulled last night, going to let it dry for a few days before I grind up and blast. Abra caDABra

14. Lookin solid, this is my first time ever growing autos and I'm still kinda oblivious to some of it.
    Should be exciting to see how ours compare

15. I know what you mean, I'd been smoking for damn near a decade and never gave autos a second look until about a month ago. I saw the times from seed to harvest and fell in love. Hoping to have harvests in the time it took that male to show sex, certainly possible. Will post pictures of the seed when she pops.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. #16 LEDswag, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015

image.jpg that's what we got last time I tried blasting a male plant and some trim. when we cleaned up after initial failure and tried again, had just under one ounce of trim and got one nasty dirty dab that not even any of the homies were down to take! Partly cuz afterwards even when we got it right the slick pad got too hot and all that gooey goodness sizzled up into the vent. But better luck with this baby boy hopefully
    View attachment trim.C54B7E66-44F6-4D23-B1E7-3CAEC259284D.MOV

17. Can't get the damn video to work, trust me though, it's disappointing!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. Looking good man, I've seen a lot About those aerogardens but never actually followed a grow with them, so this time I've subbed to see how it goes! Looks like you have everything sorted, what's the temp in there, its just I'm growing in a wardrobe (as you know) and I had a few temperature problems.

Good luck man, I'll be following this all the way!

19. I had temp and humidity problems as well, that's the price of micro grows I guess. When I started, my temp stayed rather on the high side, 75-80 F degrees, I think that's 23-26 C. Dropping a cheap oscillating fan in for some added circulation keeps the temp in the ideal range, also the wind blowing on the stems will flex and increase the strength of your plants. As far as humidity, in the beginning I had issues with it reaching as high as 65%, probably because any water that evaporates is such a tight space is going to stay in that tight space. This is one reason why I took my garden out of the cardboard box setup, now that it's in a larger more open space, more airflow, hopefully it stays between 45-55%. Also make sure there aren't any stagnant puddles in your op, sometimes I would leave just a few drops behind and it was enough to send the humidity levels through the roof! Ventilation is the best cure for humidity problems, and with the added bonus of fresh co2, it's a win win.

20. Also in regards to humidity, I found that just leaving the door open for a few minutes always brought the numbers back to normal, a quick exchange of fresh air will usually do the trick, keeping the inside dry will keep it that way.