Obama going back on his word- Sends Letter to Congress Seeking Authorization of ISIS Fight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ReturnFire333, Feb 11, 2015.

Lets see high unemployment, stagnent wages, Obamacare, the gutting of just about everything other then welfare and social programs. Bewildering policies list is to long to write. Its also the reason why most Americans don't like him.

Dr. Ron Paul is a thing of the past like Mitt.

You will most likely be stuck with Clinton vs Jeb, Clinton vs Walker, Warren vs Jeb or Walker.

You will know for certain when they start hitting the 50 million dollars in fund raising line. After that whoever that is will generate critical momentum to allow them to beat whoever is challenging them in there primarys

3. #43 fromTheOldCountry, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015

There is no point to send in specialized troops except to conduct intelligence. Which I think is a good strategy and may or may not be happening already.

The intelligence will give us an indication where to drop our bombs most effectively, among other things. 

4. I told partisans after 9/11 that had Algore won in 2000, he would have done the same things that Dubya did.

As George Wallace said in 1968, "There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Republicans and Democrats."

Nothing has changed, nor will it. It is the nature of politics. Despite what the politicians tell you, and despite what the hardcore partisan foot-soldiers think, the two parties are nearly alike. They are both pro-government and will always work to expand government. As government expands, liberties decrease.

As someone said during the 2000 (or 2004?) campaigns: "Whether you favor welfare or warfare, it doesn't matter who you vote for -- you'll get plenty of both."

Anyone who expects Washington to change just because a "leader" has changed is in for a lifetime of disappointment. Partisan politics is just a distraction to keep the masses bickering amongst themselves. Meanwhile, "The Man Behind the Curtain" is infringing on your liberties and taking more and more of your money.

5. I agree on Afghanistan, but Gore would not have gone into Iraq. :smoke:

How do we know that?

we just do.

8. #48 fromTheOldCountry, Feb 13, 2015

We do know, he would have because he would have seen the same false intelligence reports. 

More of an intelligence issue than a political one, I wish I could recall the Iraqi's name who gave us the intel. But yea the whole basis of that war was freedom for Iraqis finally. It was actually a war we could feel good about, except we forgot that Iraq cannot function as a nation without a dictator. Troops just flee when they meet contact and government is divided by religious sects. This is why religion and government do not blend and should never. 

9. interpretation is a factor tho

10. #50 fromTheOldCountry, Feb 13, 2015
    Saddam was someone who had used chemical weapons on multiple occasions, in war and on civilians of his own nation, and was a well known homicidal lunatic and torturer. It would have been the same because the knowledge would have all been the same.

11. I stand by what I said: Gore would have done the same thing.

Reason 1) All the generals and civilian warmongers with a microphone would have hounded whoever was in the Oval Office for war.

2) Not to mention the millions of flag-waving Americans who were lusting for blood.

As I wrote in another thread recently, I was a member of a "Gun-nut" forum back then, and within a week or so of 9/11 all the previous government-haters made it very clear that I wasn't welcome there anymore, because I didn't jump on the "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out!" bandwagon. Suddenly they loved big government.

I never met anybody back then IRL that agreed with me. I did have several internet friends that did though. There are many more now.

12. Wow, people still believe we went into Iraq because of freedom.  Imma kill myself right now!  (No cheering.)

13. IT WAS FOR OIL

14. #54 CANandProud420, Feb 13, 2015
    Exactly right

war is so useless but if you don't own an army someone else will so your screwed but I think war should be the last thing to retaliate with, a couple big ass nukes and I'm sure that will be good for the planet so dumb to build those wherever you hit innocent people are gonna die

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/03/22/the-usa-attacked-iraq-because-saddam-had-wd/

16. Saddam trying to assassinate bush senior didn't have any impact?
    It was all bs. They new exactly what they were doing. Throwing the region into a never ending war zone. The neocons have been beating that drum since I was a kid or before. We all know where the high jackers came from and were financed by, and thats Saudia Arabia. They are probably more guilty than Iran and Iraq combined when it comes to sponsoring terrorism. It really wasn't all about oil kinda, but more about the petrol dollar and war profiteering, with the added benefit of replacing their leaders with hand picked cia appointees. At least thats how I see it.

Because the only reason Bush Jr did it was a freaky attempt to avenge his Dad. Cheney was the main pusher behind the idea. Which incidentally grew out of a 1998 document (Check the signatory folks http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5527.htm).

Bush Sr. was smart enough to realize that Saddam was a stabilizing factor in a delicately balance region and knew better then going the final step.

From a military standpoint, we were pissed. You gave us a mission to enter Afghanistan and specifically to terminate the Bin Laden. When we were hot on his trail, you yank 50% of; satellites, special forces, and other assets to fuck with Saddam for What? We sold WMD to him, so off course he at least had some old shit around. But which excuse was that in all the tap dancing?

So no, emphatically, without the PNAC power house, Gore would not have gone into Iraq and trillions would have been saved.

And tax reductions wouldn't have helped the rich, that happen to benefit from war, from escaping the National cost of wars. (what a cluster fuck). :smoke:

18. #58 TheDankery, Feb 13, 2015
    Those PNAC folks are still getting on TV, writing their op-eds, publishing books, lecture, teaching classes, peddling their bullshit propaganda as though they were right about Iraq War #2. PNAC and their neocon tribe have no credibility but they're back again, calling for Iraq War #3. They were dead wrong. Dead fucking wrong. How many trillions of dollars will have been spent by the time this all ends? How many dead Americans, dead Coalition forces? How many people suffering from the hell of PTSD or mental or physical hurt for the rest of their lives? How many Dead Iraqis, dead Syrians?

It's like the talking heads you see on ESPN. "This team will win the game". Then that team loses. And people still take their opinions seriously, they're back on TV the day after, making more predictions, offering more analysis. But that's just entertainment.

This is life and death.

What sort of utter depravity, evil, ugliness would possess the sick fucks of IS to do what they did to Kayla Mueller? Look at her resume, how much she did in her short life. One should ignore how her life ended and instead celebrate how she lived. Helping people all over the world.

Of course you do. Just like things unfolded for Obama as planned right? Healthcare was fixed, tides were turned, hope and change. Keep fooling yourself.

Whats great watching Gore is he is so fat he sweats like a stuck pig.

Ahh yes always the tax issue. Take from those who make to give to those who don't even rake. Forever helping the utter losers in life. I for one am unapologetic on the success I have had in life.

Whats funny is we spend more now then at any point in time in our history on "helping" and yet nothing gets better. California spends more then any state in the union and they have the most poor people.