Obama going back on his word- Sends Letter to Congress Seeking Authorization of ISIS Fight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ReturnFire333, Feb 11, 2015.

1. HAHAH went back on his word...anyone who voted or believed in this hack job deserves whatever frustration that emerges out of him. How is that guy going for you people? Think back to 2008 when you cried over his election and think about today...has it worked out as planned? Its great and the things he does are so great that you could not even make it up. Enjoy it folks you voted for him!

2. Did you vote for Romney ?

What would he have done differently ?

American politics are shit and I am not sure who supports this war. Doesn't seem like anyone I know but I guess media does a hell of a job. So what happens after ISIS is full retreat? If I was ISIS I would just fold up and fall back when America shows up, and wait for them to leave and then unpack my little terrorist pack and start all over again. My concern was we removed one despot just to empower more, it feels like the classic ancient dilemma of killing a tyrant just to have an even worse tyrant appear as king. I am not opposed to killing ISIS members since they want to show up at service members home and their families and kill us. I'll shoot them between the brow in an instant. However, it doesn't do us any good if we do not have a functional plan for longterm stability when the US and its money are gone from the region. Another quagmire for the sake of propping up our economy with oil, as we slide deeper into debt, with no way to know if this is even worthwhile, and when recent history tells us no it is not. 

4. Why do so many people instantly assume that just because you hate Obama you would have loved Romney and voted for him? I typically just write "fuck you" across the ballad and send it inbecause I hate both of them and refuse to legitimize their control by voting and giving my consent to be ruled by one of two corrupt assholes that have been handpicked for us by the powers that be.

5. #25 SmokinP, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    No assuming Johnny , just curious to see what people think Mittens would have done differently.

I see no difference between obama and mittens either.

Where was the assumption in what i asked ? :)

6. A lying politician?

Impossible! :smoke:

7. My mistake man. Just sounded a little presumptuous

8. Its my monsterous cock Johnny, i can't help it.... :)

9. If you really think about it, their most valuable weapon is time. With no strong hammer coming down on them they will grow stronger, gain more experience, more resources, more technology, more backing, and more destructive. Without even egzaderating a little bit, it's easy to see that this group is literally hell bent on world domination. We are used to fighting wars with technology and chess like tactics, this group is fighting this war the way war was fought during the Dark Ages.. I pray that if our troops head into battle that God be with them and their families and have respect for them beyond measures for the fact that they are truly not only fighting for America but for this entire planet as a whole.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. They want US/NATO troops on the ground, IS fighters dont care if they die in battle and they know full well the US public has not got the stomach for planes full of coffins draped in the stars n stripes.

If the US put troops on the ground IS win.

11. #31 TheDankery, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    IS is trying to draw in the West, namely the US in so they can kill our young people and make us weaker and poorer, spending billions more dollars. It's not a new strategy or hard to figure out or something secret. Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc, have openly been saying this for damn near 20 years. They want to kill Americans. It's way easier for them to do that if we come after them on their turf as opposed to them coming here and attacking the US.

IS cannot dominate the world or even hold on to what they have. The people will rise up against them when enough is enough. If they march towards Baghdad, into Iraq's heavily Shia southeast and if they even make it that far up to Iran's porch they will be mowed down. Iran's military might is far superior to that of IS and they will gladly kill off any IS folks who come at them. 

Iranian forces are not going to drop their guns, take off their uniforms and run away like so many Iraqi forces did after we expended so much money and lives to rebuild from scratch their military. Of course we can thank the Bush regime and former Iraqi dictator Paul Bremer for Debaathifaction and the dismantling of the Iraqi army.

Obama is probably not naming me to the National Security Council, but I'd tell him to I'd stay out of it as much as possible.

12. I agree 100% with you, but that's why that needs to change on a bigger scale. What's the next option besides "nothing." Because they have nothing to lose, and a goal for them would be to die in battle that shouldn't put everyone in a corner to feel we are absolutely helpless and that no matter what form of strength we throw at them is not going to matter. It doesn't matter if we cut off the dragons head and 2 grow back, that first dragons head will eventually destroy us. Idk brother..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #33 MrRaider, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    Do yoi guys actually believe this group has the power or support to take over the world? Im mean really? Do we know there power structure is even good enough to have any kind of internal structure? Or is it more of a lose knit of rogue half trained 3rd world peeps? I don't follow the news so I honestly don't know. What I do know is every war in the last 50 years has been grossly exaggerated. The enemies of the state have each and every time been made out to be many many times more dangerous than they actually are. Huge first world countries included. I believe even America with all its military might couldn't take over the world, or even a country for that matter, see Afghanistan.
    If I had a say I'd totally ignore these people. And if they did anything on US soil id prosecute them in a criminal court individually. Dont treat them as a army or a state and dont give them legitimacy. If we DIDN'T declare war on these guys it would send a NEW message that we no longer view this area as a war zone, but a rogue nation with some bad individuals. The vast majority of people in the middle east are not enemies, at least not until they are recruited by "collateral damage".

Ps. as much as I disagree with pretty much everything Obama has done id like to give him some credit for actually bringing it up in Congress and not acting alone.

14. Iran has already reportedly offered to exterminate IS in Iraq but that offer was rejected by the US.

Iran can take the inevitable causulties like water off a ducks back. This is an Islamic problem that should be handled by an Islamic state.
    The plastic Islamic states of Saudi , Jordan , Bahrain etc etc have not got the know how or indeed thirst for it.

15. #35 SmokinP, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    IS recruit online through propaganda videos, websites, etc etc. The Muslim heading to join IS spends more time online than in a Mosque. This is the problem with IS and what has got Obama, Cameron et all in such a tizzy. They can't stop IS getting to the West, they are already here.

Watch the video of the pilot being torched, it has the production qualities of a Hollywood blockbuster. It's no longer a mad mullah talking shite in a cave, things have moved up a gear.

The only solution comes from inside Islam in the form of Assad and Iran, they know what is needed. IS need to be eliminated on the ground in Syria and Iraq. A bloodfest of epic proportions is needed and the US ain't got the stomach or heart for that.

Then the Johnny Jihads in bedrooms all over the world will think twice about waving a black flag and signing up. These lads want to fight US, British, and other Western soldiers, they will shit themselves when they realize Assad and Iran don't show any mercy or bother with prisons or trials.
    You would be lucky to get a bullet in the head from those lads.

LOL, Vietnam all over again.

17. I think war just makes them stronger. at least the way we do it. Now if we sent in some specops and dealt mano e mano then id be supportive. But dropping bombs from drones while sitting in a cubical thousands of miles away just adds fuel to this fire. For every innocent we kill 10 recruits are added.
    Imagine you are nutral and not in the military or anything. A foreign drine is flying over head then your house and kids ate vanished. Oops wrong house we were looking for those cowards, you know the real people with guns. Innocent person being murdered by foreigners has started many conflicts, and has prolonged every conflict. Take America for instance. If isis blew up a small bridge on US soil in the middle of nowhere with nobody around we'd be in a hissy fit and spend billions of dollars protecting our "way of life". Well I say bs!!!
    The trade towers assault imo should have been the owners, the people working in there, their families, and the perpetrators business. It had nothing to do with me or anyone I knew on the west coast. But regardless im thrown into the same bucket as people who had personal ties and would give up everything for their justice. Im not that involved. I surely feel regret and bad for the victims but I DONT agree with their solutions. Solutions that have made me, 3000 miles away have to change my lifestyle my spending and travel habits, and have made me more of a target abroad and at home.

Of course I voted for Romney no way Barry would get my vote.

Who knows what he would of done differently it really does not matter as Barry O won.

19. Nothing imo.

Why did you pick mittens over obama ?

20. A independent study during the election stated that thete was less than 1% difference in their policies. Shit Obama care was modeled on mittens policies. Now the Dr. Ron Paul on the other hand, we absolutely no for sure it would be a lot different, and better imo I might add.