Dad by default: Man could face jail time for not paying child support for boy that isn’t his. Or why we need Mens rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Feb 11, 2015.

1. On them, not in them is the solution...

2. Swap the genders in this story and this thread would be 300 pages long.

But yeah that stupid innocent man should have totally gotten a better lawyer.
    Still his fault!

3. Being single and never married, is there some sort of clause that can be put in the pre nuptial to prevent such things from occurring?

4. I do agree that since he's being prosecuted he needs a good lawyer but if the law states he's responsible then the court must disregard that law for him to get justice.  Evidently he has all the documentation he needs to prove his case, unfortunately it appears who actually fathered the child has no bearing here.  Publicity may help.

A few years ago there was a case in California where a guys wife cheated on him and had a child a DNA test proved wasn't his but the state ordered support anyway. The judge said the child's best interest was her only concern.   I bet it's more common than many of us realize.

I don't think you can put in a pre nuptial you won't be responsible for supporting your children and it seems that by law the child is his.

5. No, if you're the father you pay - no pre-nuptial would stand up in family court, because the law is that the father must pay - no exceptions.  

6. I thought the man claims he can prove its not his?

Anywho, this is one of those times when gender equality shows its bad side.

7. Oh, well in the case of DNA it may be possible to get out of it, in some cases - but if the DNA is positive, you're SOL.  

8. #28 Uncle_Meat420, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015

So.....the guy in question isn't the father. DNA proved it. Why is it that guys obligation to pay for the child of some girl he dated for awhile? 

soo.....your paragraph is kind of void 

9. When a woman has a child that the male she fucked does not want, it's NOT his responsibility to pay for it.  

Furthermore, males are as good, or better, parents than women.  Do you know that most child abuse happens at the hands of women?  Maybe it's because they are spending more time with them, maybe not, but that is a FACT.  

It is NOT my "personal responsibility" to pay for an illegitimate child that I did not agree to have, just because a condom broke, she forgot to take her pill, or she did it deliberately.  

You think that mothers are better parents?  I don't know the statistics, but I'd be wiling to bet that a huge amount of people in juvenile detention centers are products of single-mother households, as well as the prison population.   

Well if you're the actual dad it's one thing, but making a guy pay for a kid that's not even his and he had no say or part in creating, that's just wrong.

11. http://youtu.be/JjF6LJ6L0c8

http://youtu.be/UU3235YPShM

http://youtu.be/TzjU-I5hITs

12. to late slrdy have

13. So...did you not read the OP, or do you lack reading comprehension capabilities?

Did you read any of the thread? Or are you just looking to pick a fight? Anyhow one instance of oversight is not an excuse to call the whole system flawed. The fact is most assholes having kids out of wedlock would not pay child support unless forced to, a true shame people are held accountable to care for children, while also protecting women from men who would be better serving with no balls.  

15. That article makes no sense. It's poorly written, with a weird timeline (this started 30 years ago?), and there are absolutely zero facts presented other than "he says/they said/she said".

Is this why we need men's rights? To save ourselves from shitty journalism?

16. Lol
    So much for being strong and independent

17. #37 AddictedToHam, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    oh wow.  the men on this site really have a victim complex, don't they?  keep complaining about "femtards" while the mostly-male judges making these decisions keep fucking you over. 

18. #38 Messiah Decoy, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    Why should a man be allowed to impregnate numerous women and have zero financial responsibility?

I know a guy who says he wears a condom and uses the pull out method. Still kid-less. But if you expect to fuck random girls raw with no repercussions then you're not living in reality.

19. That's messed up, the kid isn't his responsibility at ALL yet he's the one being made to pay for him, it was the woman's choice to have the child, there's a whole range of ways she could have an abortion if she didn't want the child. But if she did want the child then it's 100% her responsibility to give this kid what he/she needs. Maybe she shouldn't of slept with so many people she doesn't know who the dad is? Maybe she should of learnt the guys name that got her pregnant in the first place before fucking him, so he could pay for it if she kept it, it's a huge burden on that guy

20. Your body
    Your choice
    Your responsibility