Sploof vs Smoke Buddy?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by AugustusOdysseus, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Hello,

To start things off, yes I used the search bar, and no I didn't quite get what I was looking for. So I have a homemade sploof made from a paper towel roll and a bunch of dryer sheets. I haven't quite been able to use it yet, but when I was testing it with cigarettes and vape smoke, I noticed that sometimes smoke would escape from around my mouth, or that the smoke wouldn't smell as fresh as I had anticipated. Then I came across the Smoke Buddy, which I was curious about. I'm not too worried about eliminating the smoke rather than the smell - in other words, I don't care if there is still a large puff of smoke as much as I do if it still reeks. Has anyone tried the product? And if so, what is your honest opinion of it?

By the way, I'd prefer only product users to give reviews (I want un-biased opinions please!)

Thanks everyone!  :smoke:

2. Look on amazon for this thing called a hello neighbor. It's a little Chapstick kind of thing that you're supposed to blow your hits though to get rid of the smell. I personally haven't tried them but they're only like $5 so why not give it a try

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

3. The smoke buddy works great because its basically a sploof made out of activated carbon. A lot of people argue it would be cheaper to buy the carbon seperately and make you own, but I think the smoke buddy is still better. Plastic feels better then cardboard and doesn't let out any excess smoke.

4. Tube and dryer sheets are a joke. Everyone stop it. It doesn't work unless you are smoking like 0.0001 sized bowls.

You need carbon to chemically trap the odor of cannabis. Dryer sheets only add scent to the cannabis odor.

Try a test as I did. Smoke in you room with your dryer sheets sploof, ask a non smoker to enter your room and ask if they smell cannabis.

Try it.

5. From personal experience a sploof dosnt work unless your using a one hitter and finish all the weed in one hit, you can never keep all of the cherry smoke in the bowl, I've tried the quarter trick and we've all tried to do the ol thumb-er-roo but your thumb will most likely get burnt and still the smoke seems to get out, what I would recommend is smoke out side if your not allowed to smoke where your at (parents house, grand moms, ect..., idk your situation) but it won't reek up the place and it won't give anyone anything to complain about if your stealthy and have confidence.

6. #6 левша, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    I use the lighter to kill the cherry and it works pretty well, and id use a penny for my smaller bowl
    If you use hemp wick it helps, corner if you wanna be more cautious
    Maybe spray freshener into the fan
    May smell for 10 min if you did a bad job on the cherry, keep a window open and itll help lots, it works because i was skeptical about it before and when i tried it, it surprised me

7. One of my buddy's has a smoke buddy and we used it for the first time last Friday. Didn't let any smoke out and did a great job diffusing the smoke. I hear smoke buddys get gross as shit though haha.

8. I bought one once and two weeks later I could barely even blow through it so I went back to my home made spoof and all is well lol