ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE ITS NOT COMING UP ON PLANT CHARTS.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 240ROLLER, Feb 10, 2015.

1. #21 todderfran, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Yeah I honestly think she is past saving.  But some of that bud may be salvageable.  You could at least make some hash products with it.  I do agree your soil ph is too high.  But that probably, and hate to say it, came from you.  Something you did along the way spiked the ph in the soil, or it is the soil you are using.  If you have crispy leaves right up to bud it may be phosphorus lockout too.  Both cal/mag and phosphorus are best taken up at a lower ph.  In hydro I am pretty sure off hand it is like 5.5.  I actually just had a cal/mag def. in a hydro set up.  For that it was easily fixed with adding cal/mag, and lowering the ph from 5.9 down to 5.4-5.5.  I also did a foliar feeding of 2% Epsom salt because I was only in first week of flower.  But hydro is a lot easier and quicker to fix problems.  I will wait for those pics before I keep rambling on.

2. I just took these after triming off the mostly affected areas. It isn't the worst but still bad enough. I wonder what she will yield. Anyone know if I'm right for sure or not on this being ph flucuations causing lock out. Its almost 7weeks two days away. I would like to make it to 8 its a 9 week strain and last season I ran it 11 and it was swoll putting off 10.8 oz on a 1-1/2 month veg and a five gallon bucket.

Attached Files:

3. Yea I really agree with you. I don't think the buds are too mature they've actually got a decent amount of Orange and even a few cloudy trix here and there. It was definitely me no doubt lol. It started as a weird rust colored vein I decided it was locking out some nutrients I think they are boron and shoot I want to say phosphorus don't quote me though, so I was like awe shit my baby needs lower ph let's drip it down to 5.9 and get it down asap. I completely forgot years of experience but I'm Human o well ight lol. I know better than to make huge changes like that I just got hasty. I will through some more old fruit in tomorrow and try and ripen her up faster and turn the lights off on her and let her sit that way for a day or two with a bucket of ice around her pot to get some darker bud to hide the nasty yellow leaves in their.I will let you know what she weighs in at and followed by some bud shots when the time comes.

4. It sucks but really not that horrible.  I would let her go as long as you can.  If you don't see the bud affected then don't chop her.  If it wasn't for that the room would be looking great man.

5. I've Got to ask because I can't really find the answer I'm looking for and since you mentioned hydro I figured you might have an opinion. I've been growing soil for a pretty good amount of time not a pro not a newbie and I've always had the same issue with ph. I don't know if it's me or the soil I use, I use 6.4-6.5 every watering and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, I will start off with plain water add the nutrient until I reach the desired ppm I use around a 5 talon container to water and mix up nutrients I then make it the right ph. I am not sure if there is a equation or anything that says you need to take x amount of gallons and x amount of nutrients and then do something to that to get the actual nutrients. I haven't ever seen anything like that or heard anything about it but it would make sense to me if there was. I am however very curious about doing hydro, I am thinking in my head it's got to be very easy to maintain the ph; my reasoning is because as far as I know "which isn't nothing really about hydro" there are no buffers to alter what goes in and comes out if I'm correct besides the nutrients being broken down but wouldn't the return of the water bring that all with it back to the reservoir ? I hope you can follow what I'm saying?.. I would/Will be using a large grow cube and grow cubes to run a bucket style ebb n flow where I put a #5 gallon nursery pot into a 5 talon and put the tubes into the side of the five gallon to ebb n flow.. Anything I should know because I've been slowly investing in such set up and gathering info. Anything helps totally new to the idea of hydroponics.

7. I accidentally keep posting before I Type ha. Yea thank you. I'm using a 600watt sg ballast and a 1000watt sg hortilux bulb in the 1000 not sure what the 600 is it's been forever. I got the 5x10 tent from Amazon it's the premium indoor hydroponic tent. Its pretty good for 240$ its not like my 5x5 gorilla but it's also not as pricy. I have two 8" active air fans running threw active air 10" carbon filters. I've got two of the 6" fans on order now for the lights they are rated at 400cfm so I think it should keep them cooler than the 150cfm fans I'm using now. I love scrog but Damon it's hard some times. I'm building individual scrog screens out of 1" angle iron. I weld for a living so I figure I can make these and then just lift them from veg room to flower and I'm going back to the 5 gallon buckets this 18gallon was a lot of extra issues because it's just so hard to get it full enough but not to full. I'm just not sure if I'm going to do hydro this next time or soil as I've always done. I wonder what she will yield. Got a few colas about 8" tall 2-3" wide. Its cali connections HEADBAND. Be warned of their hermi prone stuff. No light leaks the tents inside of a room that's next to another room that isn't used so there isn't any lights except the lights in it. I don't stress them much and I've had 5/5 herm for the money and everything they should just call them regular seeds. Any ideas what she will yield from the pix?

8. Yes this deff can happen from ph if your ph is really 7-8 you are locking out a bunch of nutrients I'm gona load a pic of ranges for ph in soil second of you are 3 weeks out there is still time to fix her before harvest may take a week and affect overall yield but will be worth it A. for experience B. For a mature plant harvesting early will make it a big waste. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423885369.223436.jpg

G

9. One thing you could do if you don't have some ph down is take 1.5 ml per half gallon of distilled white Vinegar run that through your soil wait a few days run it one more time, ph of vinegar solution should be around 6.7 or so.

G

10. .

Have you looked into dwc, this is one of the easiest forms of hydro I personally like it not only cause of the ease but also if you have any contamination its consolidated to one plant, besides having the fastest grow times I've used. I started soil about 12 years ago then switched to ebb n flow and now been running dwc for about 2.5 years now and have no plans on changing.
    The way hydro nutrients work are they are already broken down so the plant can absorb them so essentially you flood your table with nutrient solution goes back to your res and then you flood again according to whatever cycle you determine. In soil the plant can't easily absorb them they get broken down by beneficial bacteria and then can be absorbed by the plant. So in short yes hydro way easier than soil because when you adjust ph it's instant to where in all reality best way to adjust and maintain ph in soil is to add for example crushed limestone for a neutral 7.0 ph and can always add hardwood ash to bring ph down but that stays in the soil for a prolonged regulated ph. Now here is a shot of a dwc I grew this particular plant ended up with 9.1 dried ounces this may give you an idea of how much you'll get off yours these nugs were rock hard too btw ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423888873.219182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423888886.802254.jpg

G

11. Since everybody likes to show off their babies here is a Pineapple Express 33 days into flower ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423889430.135707.jpg

G

12. I used to do scrog as well which works great on dwc but since I have inlaws that like to visit every couple months I needed smaller plants so I can transport so all these plants are a 3 week veg, just so you can see truly what you can do in dwc

G

13. I am definitely going to look into Dwc. I figured it was a lot easier because it is what you put in. Unlike soil it changes in the soil. How long did you veg that plant? I vegged the plant having the issue for 2months 1week I believe maybe 2months 2 weeks. It is pretty big tho for what it is. Now that Dwc though looks tasty tho. Yea I'm going to let her sit until I ether see buds being affected,she dies, or until ready. I'm very curious about this yield it is super dense for the time and very large only thing is I'm so sad because I think thks would have been a 1 pounder for sure.

14. 1st pic I sent that one was a 6 week veg, 2nd one is 3 week veg but I also super crop everything since I don't scrog anymore and with dwc they recoup from super cropping in a day or two it's pretty crazy how well they recoup besides fast growing. From what it looks like you will have some good weight looks like over a pound but like you said it's tough to truly tell especially in a pic of in person I could give you a better estimate.

G

15. I think my problem was from lowering it. I used about a cup of ph down to lower the ph of my water I'm not sure if my ph meter is broken because a cup didn't even lower it from 10 to 5.5 barely got under 6.0.. Any ideas on that? I wonder if it is broken I'm going to go test it tomorrow and then I'm not sure I wonder if that much ph down could have burnt her because it cased the ppm to spike to 2200 but I figured it wasn't anything the plant could take in and wouldn't bother her..I don't know it's just a bunch of shit ain't it haha. Anyone think it could be nutrient burn?. It saying my ppm run off is 900 witch I am calling b.s. because it says 1500yesterday and then ph today on tthe run off side is 9.0

16. I've read ph flucuations can cause this but I don't know it's just so hard to really tell. I think I will try and add just water with the ph at 7.0 or leave it at the 8.0 it is at the tap? I will flush and see if a flush without any nutrients or ph down will help because now I'm thinking what if the ph down burned her. It might help to know the only affected areas are the ones in contact with the light and the veins stay green until it finally kills all the leaf and it curls under and like a straw downward not up like if it was heat stress. Its fubar

17. It is possible for your ph pen to need calibration I have buffer solution that is 7 and I believe 4 and is used to calibrate the ph pen. Even if you can't calibrate your ph pen you could get the solution to see if your at least accurate.

G

18. If you flush it I would ph the tap to 6.5 and yea you deff can burn roots if you lower to much to fast. This is one of the reasons I switched from soil to hydro I was sick of dealing with fluctuating ph, and loved the growth rate.

G

19. I would love to see it hit a pound. It would make me super happy. I will take some pictures tomorrow of something to compare them to like a tape measure next to the buds?. I think that dwc looks great. I will be back on tomorrow you guys have a great night stay posted and I'll keep it coming.

Attached Files:

20. Nighty night keep your buthole tight. Looking forward to updates

G