Cleaning without solvents?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by 2penceGeorge, Feb 10, 2015.

1. My pipe is in desperate need of a clean so I've had a look around and everyone mostly says to use ISO something or acetone which is something not easy accessible in my home (without being bait) any other ways I can clean effectively?.. To the point where it looks somewhat new again?

Need advice asap coz I wanna smoke soon😈😈

Cheers

George

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can use grain alcohol and salt as a scrubbing agent

3. The alcohol would still be a solvent. 

4. Really? You can't get rubbing alcohol "without being bait"?

5. They sell rubbing alcohol everywhere...How's that make you bait for buying one bottle of rubbing alcohol?
    Walmart, rite aid, wallgreen all carry it.
    When someone says ISO they referring to isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Shit cost like $1 for a decent size bottle.
    If you think you're bait for buying 1 bottle of rubbing alcohol then you must be a kid OP lol.

6. its impossible to clean without solvents as you need something to break down the resin, ash, tar, etc from smoking. warm soapy water will only get you so far.

7. hot water and lots of shaking get some pipe cleaners also while your at the store gettin pipe cleaners gets some iso also

8. Bait? Iso Alcohol is a first aid supply. You aren't bait for wanting to disinfect a wound. 

Acetone is common as well, especially in the trades.

You could boil it but make sure the temp. change is gradual otherwise your piece could crack

9. I was talking as in being "bait" for getting rubbing alcohol/acetone from in my house, nothing to do with buying it. Getting it from my house would be "bait" as it is used frequently and it being found in my room would only raise questions.

Thank you all ever so much for your kind words

10. Buy it use it then trow it in the medicine cabinet and never say anything. P.s. this is an 18/up site and if you can't get caught with iso your prob not 18

11. Lol can't get caught with iso?

12. Alcholol and salt always works great. A person can use cheap vodka if they wish, works well also. Super high powered Alcohol like Everclear is perfrect. Pipe cleaners are nice to use on those hard to reach spots. 

13. Judging from your comments, I have to assume that you are a kid living at home. Buy rubbing alcohol, clean your keyboard on your computer with rubbing alcohol and a swab and then show your parents and pretend you are really excited that your keyboard is clean and "that annoying key is not sticking anymore." Bam! Although, I think that you should just get the rubbing alcohol, use it, and leave it at that.