Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

hermie seeds

• Please log in to reply

calinycgrow

calinycgrow

Medical Marijuana Patient

• Registered Upgraded
  • 136 posts
Will the seeds produced by a hermie produce normal seeds or will all the plants be hermies as well?

Similar Topics: hermie seeds     x

da sAUCE!

da sAUCE!

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
as far as my knowledge of genetics goes, no matter if the plant is hermie or not it can only pass off ONE sexual chromosome. So it's 50-50, same as with normal plants.

Always-Dazed

Always-Dazed

Where am I again?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 199 posts
Well since a normal plant would produce a seed with a 50/50 chance of having either XX or XY chromosomes because one parent is female and one plant is male. Now, if your hermie plant started as female, that means the only possible chromosome for them to pass on to the buds they self-pollinate is the female XX.

So that means a hermie plant that started as female will produce pollen bearing the XX chromosome to the buds, which also have the XX chromosome. Theoretically 100% female seeds? But those plants would probably have a greater chance of becoming hermaphrodites themselves.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, I am far from an expert.... Just stoned.

Heavy_D

Heavy_D

RooR Owner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 321 posts
^^ I think you are right, i have had seeds from a hermie plant, and all of them were female.

RewTheJew

RewTheJew

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I hope hermie seeds are all female.. my last grow went to the dogs when it decided that it wasnt happy with who it was... Now i have about 200 hermie seeds of a decent strain... If they are all female, then HOORAY!! If not, bah humbug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users