week 7 and no trichomes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xfadix, Feb 9, 2015.

1. i have an auto which is 7 weeks and few days since sprouting, i just dont know when i should harvest.
    i dont see any trichome on the buds so i am not sure how long should i wait  

Attached Files:

2. Man I can only HOPE mine look that good in 7 weeks!!

3. need more info to be of any help

keep feding bloom nutes till she's done

:laughing: :laughing:

4. That plant has easily 4 weeks left id say

5. You have a few weeks left, she's lookin nice, the fun is just getting started :)

6. You don't see any trichomes because there are no buds. All you have are pistils and no actual calyxes. I've seen this a few times on the forum. The plants end up developing very little calyxes and just don't really fill out at the end. I would give it another 10 days and if nothing changes, I'd pull it.

7. Ill trade my buckets for that ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. #8 Pepe` Le Pew, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
    Dont worry about the Trichomes, they will come. Just finished a Sleestack Skunk and it didn't show sugar until week 6. Why? Hell I don't know and it was my 10th full grow lol. I also had OrigSensible critical diesel auto that was late in flower also. It didnt show sugar until its 32nd day of flower. I never count on the number of days from seed, only the days of flower. Plants are what they are.....just like humans. You never know what to expect. Cant always go by whats expected from any type genetiçs. When growing remember nothings a given. Just wait......it always turns out good. As long as you give it light, water, and oxygen.....don't frett. If you grow it.....it will come lol. I presently have an WOS afghan Kush in its 7th week of Flower with very small popcorn buds and no sugar. I should be harvesting tomorrow but it just ain't damn ready what ever the reason. Just one of those things you need to factor in with every grow. It's just now packing some weight. Nobody even here can solve this or gibe me an exact reason why lol. Nature is nature. You will know when its time to harvest if you know and understand Trichome development. I've never gone wrong with harvesting at full white resin heads. Growing under 850w led reflector multi-spectrum led. It's never anything to do with your light source IMO. It's just nature. Don't change anything if you are in spec.

9. sorry to say but your 100% wrong....

calyxes are the little "seed pods" that make up the buds, the hairs come out of these calyxes and collect pollen with the sticky trichomes...

without calyxes there are no hairs, and btw you can more than clearly see the calyxes all over that plant

OP if you dont see trichs now you either have a "late bloomer" strain thats most likely sativa... or just shitty genetics

10. sbgrowery 100% agreed, don't pull it, it needs more time

11. "They collect pollen with their sticky trichomes" ??? The pistils catch the pollen, it would be no good pollen landing on a trichome.

But you are right about each pair of pistils growing from a calyx, and the plants pictured have plenty.

This thread is from February so those plants are long gone either way

12. oh wtf lol see dont trust people on the internet haha! ive read that elsewhere, didnt come up with that myself but it makes sense to me thats why i was like iiiight

13. 4+ weeks I believe. Patience.

14. Lol old post bud

15. Trichomes are like sunscreen for your plants. New leds are using uvb light to increase trich production

16. yeah dude i read all about it right after i made that dumbass comment lol pretty cool honestly, trichs also do a pretty good job at catching bugs like a fuckin spider web when theyre outside haha

rest in peace old thread

17. Haha no worries man. The internet does have twenty answers for every question