HEALTHY munchies?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Knitting Mama, Feb 9, 2015.

1. I've been gaining weight for a variety of reasons, but at least a little of it is when I medicate and get the munchies.  Does anyone have some ideas for healthy munchies?  I like both sweet and savory/salty.  I'm allergic to corn, so air-popped popcorn, while a great idea for others, isn't so much for me.

2. caramel rice cakes, granola bars, fruit cups, pudding or jello (lowfat), your fav types of fruit, apples & pb or caramel/bananas with peanutbutter orrr honey & lemon (super good!). nut bars or breakfast bars, trail mix, those little bread stick things with the cheese dip.
    just some ideas :smoke:

3. pretty much any fruit (buy organic).
    beef jerky

4. Dehydrated fruits. I love me some dried mango.
    Granola
    Sweet potato fries
    Veggie chips
    Veggies and hummus
    Kiefer or yogurt w/ fresh fruit

5. organic greek yogurt -> http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/health-benefits-of-yogurt/
    (this is the kind with the most benefits... do not buy chobani and non-organic stuff. vitamins, probiotic, protein)

add cacao nibs -> http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/7-health-benefits-cocoa-nibs.html
    (magnesium, flavonoids, cardio vascular benefits, memory)

add blueberries -> http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=8
    (one of the most beneficial berries out there, and it's pretty much sold everywhere. buy organic and fresh)

add raw organic honey -> http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-raw-organic-honey-9105.html
    (to taste, don't overdo it)

optional raw organic cinnamon, just a dash -> http://news.health.com/2014/11/21/health-benefits-of-cinnamon/
    (memory, focus, surprising list of benefits)

basically it's a delicious and filling yogurt snack that actually tastes pretty great. 

6. She said healthy..

My advice would be to eat meals, don't snack.

7. Hummus all dayyyyyy

8. boil sweet potatoes they are so good

9. Weed browni

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. those are fine as snacks for when ya got the munchies..I didn't say eat um all at once! :mellow:
    an pshh snacking is fine, people should snack as long as they make the right choices.
    Granted thats hard af, but if u have the willpower to choose whats good for u then it'll
    become a good habit :)

11. Oatmeal with apples, raisins and some honey. It's not for everyone though haha.
    You can make healthy oatmeal pancakes too, they're amazing.
    When it comes it eating healthy I think it's best to use unprocessed ingredients, so you know exactly what you eat.

12. Fruits and veggies! Just dont eat too many or you will end up like my boy Arnold. 

[​IMG]

13. #13 yurigadaisukida, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    I think most people already know what is healthy but don't want to admit it.

Fruits and veggies

Snack on carrots or apples, but no dressings or added sugars.

Most people don't like this so they look for "healthy" snacks.

Rice cakes and baked chips are not healthy

If it is not a living plant its probly not a good choice for munchies. (Even.nuts and seeds can be bad)

Its all about those fruits and vegetables

-yuri

14. Hummus, tahini, lemon juice Greek yogurt . You can dip fruits and veges in it or some Leb bread. So good. Even makes celery taste good . I want to go make some now!!

this is one of my go-to things, stoned or not. plain greek yogurt is great for you, but in of itself doesn't taste that great...so I add in a bit of honey, some granola, and sometimes a sliced up kiwi or banana. a small amount of that frozen orange juice concentrate (can't speak for the 'healthiness' of this stuff though) can be good for a bit of orange flavor, though don't overdo it as its easy to go waaaaaay overboard with that stuff. 

I also like little mandarin oranges, they come in a fatass bag with probably 20-30 oranges and it costs no more than $3 when they are in season, which seems to be a lot of the year. since they are so small its real easy to just grab em and eat, all throughout the day. 

16. Haha your all making me hungry

*Follow your heart , load the bong , spread the joy because life is short . Don't judge just love*

17. Beef jerky or some peanuts

18. This was a huge concern when I started smoking and eating everything I had in the pantry.

Cottage cheese (low fat) was my answer to the problem. It isn't that high in calories, has healthy fats, and the high amount of protein per serving to keep you satisfied for longer.

How have I not thought of this before :O

19. pigeons and old shoes! :laughing: