GoldGrowers LED and HPS Blue Cheese DWC ScrOG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Feb 8, 2015.

Yeah man the pistils are coming in like crazy now. 

I spent the whole day repairing my van. When I finally finished, I showered and went straight to bed. I didn't even have one joint lol. Ill make up for it today though I'm sure . What about you man? 

2. I've got no money and no weed so I just didn't do anything really lol otherwise I would have probably smoked my brains out lol

3. Sorry to interrupt your thread bro! Hows this looking?

Attached Files:

4. [​IMG] lush as always brother[​IMG]

gonna do a scrog next run i think with these new beans i got

Looks good mate, hell of a trunk on that thing, look at the bark on it 

Thanks man. Yeah ScrOGing is  well worth doing, if you don't mind the wait of course. Long old vegging times 

7. yea, i am the impatient type[​IMG]

after this harvest coming soon though, i should have enough to last me till it's complete and these feminized blue mystic beans i just got should do nicely, since i won't have to worry about vegging a male

the training through the screen part i get, im concerned about topping and all that tho[​IMG]

8. #128 GoldGrower, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015

you don't have to top if you don't want to but it can help to evenly distribute the branches when it reaches the screen.

Just try and keep the tips spread out evenly and try not to switch to flower too early. The rest takes car of itself really

9. i c

so when you top it it forces the other branches to to come up.

so you generally don't flip till the screen is full?

10. The roots have filled out nicely now. It's thick with roots all the way through

[​IMG]

Not much light is getting under the screen now, many of the leaves are being dropped by the plant. I suppose I'm going to have clear out all the tips and small branches from under there within a day or two. I hate that job 

[​IMG]

11. them roots look pristine[​IMG]

Topping it creates more branches sooner. If you don't top then you will have a dominant tip for a while. The idea is that you even out the tips so some don't dominate others. This creates an even canopy. If the screen is big it's less of an issue because during the time it take for the plant to fill out the screen the tips will have evened out anyway.

One person's "full" is another person's "half full" so it's a hard gauge to define. I think I allow my plants to thicken out under the screen more than most people. This allows a longer veg time so a bigger plant, and bigger plants produce bigger yields

13. Looks good mate, hell of a trunk on that thing, look at the bark on it

Thanx much, yours is super monster's bro , look at those roots,lol, looking beautiful as always

14. sweet thanx bro

i'm sure i'll be picking your brain more when the time comes[​IMG]

Thanks guys, yeah I'm pretty pleased with myself on this run. No cock ups yet, there's still time though lol. Almost every grow I do there is something that I would have liked to have done differently, but this one I wouldn't change anything..... So far lol 

16. :) Right on Brah! Those roots are beautiful man looks like the roots that hang in the waterfalls. I think i like seeing roots like that almost as much as bud. Grow looks awesome glad I subbed in

17. Quik question.... If conopy is roughly even whats the average weight ...roughly...lol..of each nug? I know its not the same for every set up just looking for a average

Not much really. I mean the more nugs you have the smaller they will be. I'd estimate that ill have about a pound off this with about 100 full size nugs so that averages at about 4.5 grams each. Some people choose to have fewer tips so the nugs will be bigger and less work on harvest day 

19. Hey Gold.  Looking good.

What is the material you are using for the screen and what is the spacing between the squares?  Building one from PVC now and trying to decide between some 12 awg insulated wire I have hanging around or braided nylon string. 

Hey Ice, thanks man.
    I use steel mesh that has been powder coated. It has 2" holes. I prefer rigid screens because cord screens tend to get bullied by the plants and distorted. The panels come in 2'x3' pieces in my local garden store, but I think it might be available in other sizes too 

This is the label off one 

[​IMG]

I also use it to strengthen up the ceiling of my tents, it makes them more rigid and I get a lot more anchor points for lights, fans, and other equipment to suspend from 

[​IMG]