GoldGrowers LED and HPS Blue Cheese DWC ScrOG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Its been awhile an i missed alot cuz for some dam reason i cant get into my account but from what im seeing here on tha stupid app an not the full site all looks great! I need to try an follow one of ya grow journals an see if my shit turns out the same or even half as good looken LOL

Man, it's going to be a nightmare. It will take me several days. I can only trim for a couple of hours at a time, after that I have to get out of there. It's so dam tedious.
    Totally worth it though.

It's a 70 litre RUB, (Really Useful Boxes). One of these with a hole cut in the lid. The one I am using in this grow is white unfortunately because they didn't have any black ones in stock when I bought it

[​IMG]

3. #203 nowuseemenowudont, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Quik question, gg do you use co2??

4. How many air stones do u keep in that RUB?

I don't, but I'd like to try it. The only problem is I don't see how I could possibly keep the tents cool without any ventilation. My air cooled hoods removes most of the heat, but if I turned my exhaust fan off the temperature would climb over 30 within minutes

This one has way less air than I would have liked but it's done surprisingly well. I have 2x 10 LPM air pumps, together running 8x 2x air stones. These ones ... 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Here's what they look like today, 6 weeks and 4 days of 12/12. The nugs are swelling up nicely now. Some of them are pretty big considering there must be well over 100 of them 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Quik question,,, did that led doing anything different compared to the hps,in reference to color or trichome production of flowers or leafs???lol,silly question

9. #209 GoldGrower, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015

It's not a silly question at all, I have heard people say LEDs do all sorts of crazy things in the past. But no, no difference at all. Trichome production is exactly the same as is the size of the nugs.

I positioned the two lights so they gave me the most even distribution of light I could get. Both the far right and far left gave a reading of 29,000 LUX, which is a measurement of light intensity. Because the LED supposed to have a much favourable colour spectrum and the HPS has all that "useless" yellow light, I figured the LED side (right hand side) should grow better. But no, in this case that is absolutely untrue. So unless the colour is green I really don't think spectrum matters much 

Tomorrow when the lights are off ill take some full colour photos

10. I new it,,lol

11. Very interesting diary GG, should have been writing down ?'s while I caught up.

Useeme beat me to the light question just now, and someone else asked about the rez, but is that rez where you hung your pot or is it remote?

If that's what the pot is in, how much water can you get under it? Have one 1/2 the size for one plant, but only getting about 16L in it because it's shallow.

Sub'n up here at the end if you don't mind. My one plant is also bluecheese and can't wait to see what comes if this behind someone who knows what they're doing!

12. Yes he is the man,,,lol,, funny you both doing same strain, i wonder if its from same place?gg?

13. #213 GoldGrower, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015

Good to have you on board mate. That res is what the plant sits in. Just that on its own, no remote res. I fill my reservoirs to the rim so I get the full 70 litres minus the volume of the roots themselves, and the net pot.

Ill check out your grow now man, I have a Barney's farm blue cheese seed that I'd like to try one day 

His is Barney's farm's blue cheese, and mine is Dinafem's blue cheese. I'd like to see if there are any big differences, it should be interesting

15. Did you ever try that nug?

No not yet, but this is the 5th time ill have harvested this plant due to cloning. I love this bud, it's awesome

17. Here's some full colour photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Howvlong did it take for the buds to swell like that?

19. My pH has been way low lately and I couldn't figure out why. I tested the calibration on my pH meter and that was spot on. I had to empty the res a few times before I realised my oh so stable tap water of a pH of 7.9 is now coming out at 6. I have never had it so low before, I have no idea what is causing this