Mimmi’s Mystery 1st Grow Experiment

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MileHighMeems, Feb 7, 2015.

1. I am diggin this thread!

Always love to watch first (and now second) grows. Keep up the good work!
    ~ poke

2. Appreciate it! Welcome along :)

3. #43 MileHighMeems, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    Lookie lookie, another picture update! 54 days/7 weeks 5 days in flower.  Not too much happening in the tent these days, but I can see the buds fattening up.. Lots of glistening trichomes and the remaining white hairs are mostly orange/reddish now. The trichomes still look mostly clear, some cloudy.  Still feeding with nutes, (maybe for another week(?) and then flushing and hoping I've seen the clear signs telling me to cut down! 

DSC_0072-1.jpg DSC_0024-1.jpg DSC_0023-1.jpg  
    DSC_0018-1.jpg DSC_0047-1.jpg DSC_0061-1.jpg

/Meems

4. Lookin' real pretty. Wish mine were as far along as yours!

5. Very nice. Watch those sacks. Just pulled a plant that was my most sticky icky stinky to this date because of sacks. It wasnt done , but girl I will tell you there is bannanas/sacks inside buds that I couldnt see. I had 3 other gals so not a total loss but very dissapointing.

Good luck and again very nice work

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Good morning GC,

Here's the infamous test nug, dried it (appr. 4 days), smoked it. There were seeds. I got high. End of story. 
    Wet: DSC_0626-1.jpg
    Dry, 1g: DSC_0104 -2-1.jpg

I'm really just trying to get over this irritation over seeing all these seeds.. sigh.  At least the test smoke proved that my ladyalready tastes pretty good with no harsh taste..  It will definitely be smokable after curing!! :) 

Even tho I haven't seen a change in hue of the trichomes, I will start feeding water/flushing today for a week or so, and have the plant cut down by the end of this upcoming weekend!  

/Meems

7. That nug looks tasty. Seeds definitely are a bit irritating, but at least you'll be able to grow the same strain again and probably have better results since you know what she's like. Depending on how many seeds you end up with, maybe gift a couple with any sample buds you give out to friends.

8. Wait what? Adding to coconut oil? Hmmmm... I use coconut oil for cooking and like milehighmeems, for almost everything like for skin/hair care... I need your recipe for this.

It was yummy  :yummy:

So what is the deal with seeds from a hermie? Can I use?  Some people say stay away, some people say they will produce mostly females.    Don't wanna give away seeds that are gonna ruin anyones grow tent :) 

10. Grow #2 is doing well in the closet for the time being.. Finding whatever lights I have to keep them going, since this space is just temporary. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426126176.404738.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426126208.022988.jpg

11. They are not genetically stable. People can say they get female seeds from them and have no issues but its not true. Hermie seeds have the hermie genetic. You may end up with all females for most of the grow but there is a chance they will hermie on you simply because it worked for there mum. And we all know one hermie plant and ruin a batch.

The general idea with seeds is dont use them if your unsure. Always stick to the good stuff (unless you want to play with hermies).

Yea, that's what I thought..  But then it comes to the massive problem, if I'm trashing this random strain, what am I gonna grow instead?  Gonna check out some deals on clones this weekend I guess.. Might be a better idea. 

13. Do you think this plant came from hermie seeds? Plants go hermie for many different reasons like stress or even light leaks. Just because one seed went hermie doesn't mean they all will. You might simply have a light leak, which can cause that part of the plant to attempt to reverg. Stuff like that.

Ok, so that's a great point.  This was bud from some dispensary in Colorado, and we found maybe 2 seeds (the ones I used) in 1oz..  Also, there were absolutely no signs of herming until I started plucking to many fan leaves (..[​IMG]), which along with a few light leaks/issues definitely stressed it out almost 6 full weeks into flower.  

I mean this was an experiment but maybe next time I can control the conditions a bit better!  I didn't have a great plan when the plant outgrew its tent, and I had to open up the tent which resulted in a compromised light schedule and leaks. Next time I'll be ready... 

I feel like it could be a one time fuckup that produces seeds that I can possibly keep and use and experiment more with!! If they prove to come out female more than not, awesome, if I'm having issues next time too, I'm trashing all of it.  

15. Friday the 13th update! 

61 days since start of flower, and I stopped feeding nutrients about 5 days ago and now watering heavy with tap water to flush.  Not seeing much yellowing of leaves, probably will keep from chopping it until next weekend.    I've seen people talk about keeping your plants in a dark period before harvest, more than 24h even, which is supposed to increase resin production.  Seems like a good idea along with no more water so it'll give it some time to dry out a bit before harvest too.. 

DSC_0132 (2)-1.jpg DSC_0134 (3)-1.jpg DSC_0144-1.jpg DSC_0121 (2)-1.jpg

Grow #2 is about 4 weeks in now.  Will be transplanting to bigger pots soon, just haven't decided if I should put them in 1gallon plastic pots now (mainly because I'm not sure how many 3g I want to squeeze in), and move to 3gallon fabric pots when I start flower. Feeding and foliage spraying with a light mix of Botanicare Grow too keep it simple. Will add in more nutes as I go. 
    DSC_0149.JPG

Starting on some LST with the clone from my flowering plant. 
    DSC_0147-1.jpg

/Meems

16. Youve done a fine job! Well done!

17. #57 MileHighMeems, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    Thank you, this is fun! [​IMG]

18. #58 BlueberryWindow, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015

I think that's a good plan. When I made my initial comment about using/gifting those seeds, I was making the assumption that the herming was likely caused by stress. In that case, if it's not genetically prone to herming, those seeds should produce all female plants - just keep in mind that they will be prone to herming under stressful conditions (but I'd say a lot of plants fall into that category).

I've always done this.. 24-36 hours of total darkness just before harvest. It kind of shocks the plant into thinking it's about to die so it ramps up resin production. Making sure the roots are a bit dry helps with this as well. Also remember to cut down the plants while still in the dark - the starches, nutes, etc. in the plant drain into the roots during dark period, so if you turn the lights on first, the plant will start to pull those things back into the plant, which definitely will affect final taste/smell/smoke.

Your flowers are looking beautiful, by the way. How's the smell?

19. Thats interesting, I never used the dark period before flipping, also never chopped in the dark.. defiantly going to be trying this

20. #60 MileHighMeems, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    9 weeks, 2 days/65 days into flower

Getting anxious! The smell is amazing, the resin production is pretty intense.  I wish you guys could come smell it too, because I need help trying to figure out what strain this is. Smells of citrus, but also cheesy.  This cheesy scent has been popping up on my radar since the beginning, but the more I smell it, the more confused I am lol

Flushing/feeding water for the past 8-9 days, also added in a bit of Botanicare Sweet Raw in my water. It's gonna have to be done baking in there, I'm cutting the light tonight, giving it a couple days of darkness and time to dry up, and probably chopping Thursday morning (given that hubby can help in the morning). Don't want to wait anymore and the tent has new occupants waiting!  If I chop Thursday morning, I plan to hang to dry in the tent, Thu, Fri, Sat, and do some dry trimming on Sunday. That's the plan [​IMG]
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426617481.415048.jpg

Grow #2 was transplanted into all the same 1g plastic  pots for now. 
    3x Denver Durban Kush [Denver Poison x Burmese Kush] Germinated 2/15
    2x Durban Diesel [White Widow x Northern Lights] Clones picked up from Medicine Man Medical Market in Denver
    2x Meems Mystery 

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426617326.987500.jpg

/Meems