Mimmi’s Mystery 1st Grow Experiment

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MileHighMeems, Feb 7, 2015.

1. They dont look like sacks to me. They actually look like tiny buds forming, which you can cut them off because they wont get enough light to produce anything worth keeping.

I was the same way on my first grow, anything happened and I freaked out lol. You learn over the years whats good and whats bad, what strains work for you and which ones dont. The only thing I can say is you CAN kill her with love.

You can also check for light leaks on your tent. Its super important for the dark cycle to stay dark. No light can get to her what so ever, this is a big cause to why so many plants go hermie (that and stress). Like I said before though, im pretty sure your safe with a fully female plant.

Still get them close up shots to be sure.

2. #22 MileHighMeems, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    Closeups from today! Almost 6 full weeks into flower.
    DSC_0393 (2)-1-2.jpg DSC_0397 (2)-1.jpg
    DSC_0405-1.jpg DSC_0414-1.jpg
    DSC_0409 (2)-1-2.jpg DSC_0416-1.jpg

Happy Friday y'all!

/Meems

3. While I'm waiting for my girl to finish up, I figured why not start another grow right away.  Why let all this equipment rest? Lets go grow #2!

I already have a clone from my mystery lady waiting to take over the tent, but I also planted 4 seeds of Denver Durban Kush [Denver Poison x Burmese Kush].  Don't know any information about this strain other than what the seed bank website says, which is: 
    • Indoor/Outdoor
    • Non-feminized seeds
    • Flowering Time: 63 days (9 weeks)
    • Average Yield 8oz/2 sqft
    • 50/50% Indica/Sativa
    • Average Plant Height: 3ft
    Denver Durban Kush
    photo-1.jpg
    2/15: 11pm - Seeds in peat pellets  
    I'm planting my seeds right into Jiffy peat moss pellets with an accompanying humidity dome, skipping any extra germination process and keeping it simple.  
    DSC_0243 (2).JPG
    2/20: Two seeds grew above soil overnight
    DSC_0445.JPG
    2/21 One more little one!  C'mon #4!
    DSC_0452.JPG

On another note, mystery mamma plant is looking healthy and green! Feeding her only water and my homemade worm-tea at this point. 
    DSC_0447.JPG

Happy Growing! 
    /Meems

4. I love perpetual grows! Im building a custom grow area so I have everything all in one location so I can do perpetual grows. Like you said no point having equipment around collecting dust!

As foe Durban Kush I have personally never heard of it but by the 2 crosses it will be a beautiful but harder plant to grow. Nothing you cant handle.

Did the fourth seed pop yet? Seems like the other 3 just took off without warning. Cant wait to see how they turn out

5. Enjoying my coffee with infused coconut oil these days. Yum
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424990917.149296.jpg

6. Update from the tent! Week 7 of flower and back to 12/12 light after a relatively quick switch-up.  Buds everywhere!!  :love: 
    DSC_0561-1.jpg DSC_0568-1.jpg DSC_0556-1.jpg

7. Thats looking like a beast! If you get your light closer (without burning her) you could probably fill them colas up thicker! Looking great for an experiment though.

You never mentioned if that 4th seed ever pop. I see 3 there im assuming the last didnt take? I heard that coconut oil is awesome for you. Does it change the taste of the coffee? Might give it a whirl tomorrow in my timmys

The 4th seed never popped, but I think I'll be ok with the 3 seedlings and my 2 clones from the current lady for the next grow.

I've been thinking about lowering the lights a bit, but after the disaster with the plant growing too big for the tent, it's now attached to the ceiling and doesn't adjust/move to easily. That was only and OK plan of action.. lol

I use coconut oil for absolutely everything, so naturally, I like the flavor. When medicated.. even more delicious lol  

9. #29 Buffalo11024, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    definitely pollen sacks. the good thing with these being so low on the plant it should really bother your colas too much. lower growth may be hit if they open. with seed production trichome production will decrease. just keep plucking.

10. Awe 3/4 isnt too bad. 5 plants should do you just fine!

I would recommend setting something up so you can raise and lower your lights. If you manage to do it youll see a big diffrence in quality and yeild.

Tried coconut oil in my timmys today. Damn is it tasty.. ill have to look up some of the great benifits it has.

11. 50 days / 7 weeks 1 day into flower. Snipped off a nug from the middle of the plant and inspected closely tonight. At this point I'm just trying to figure out when she's done!  Got a pretty cool close-up macro lens kit for my Nikon D3200 in the mail today, so got some nice shots. 

Peek my trichs. What do you think? 
    They still look clear to me.
    A lot of red hairs, but is that a sign to look out for? Most of the white hairs are towards the top and the big colas. 
    How far am I from Harvest?
    At what point do I start flushing?

DSC_0626-1.jpg
    (Click me for full-sized photo)

This nug isn't flushed, so idk, what should I do with it? Putting it in a glass of fresh water for a day or two to "flush"(?), and I suppose i'll dry and test smoke. Safe? lol :bongin:  

/Meems

12. #32 boxmaster, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    If you aren't joking do not put the nug in water for two days

13. Seedlings hanging out in my closet until the current tent-tenant is ready to move out! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425604529.701941.jpg

14. Not joking at all, it's just not that big of a deal, just experimenting.

Also, obviously just the stem lmfao I hope you dont think I'm soaking my whole bud in water thinking it'll be okay... lol

16. Got a kick out of this. Looking great so far.. She's a beast. I'm along for the show.

17. Sorry I did think you meant that lol the horror ha

18. Been having issues with my timer lately, the timer wheel stops spinning on occasion meaning I have to make sure the light schedule is on point every day, but then sometimes it just works. it's weird. Last night I left the house right before the lights were about to go off (7:30pm) then I came back around 9 and lights were still on. Damnit! Bought this from Amazon a month and a half ago, apparently can't return.. Bummer.. Any other suggestions for grounded timers?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425683671.099462.jpg

/Meems

19. Damn timers eh. Ive had issues with the dial style ones as well. It can royally mess with your crop. There is no "best" timer they all work about the same. Intermatic is a good tried trusted and true brand.

However I bought a power bar that has a digital timer in it. You have half the power bar on timer and the other plugs are just regular. I think I got it at walmart. You can even put a battery in it so it wont loose your set times of the power goes out.
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/8-outlet-power-strip-and-digital-timer/6000016947705

20. I've never seen a power strip with a time before, that's pretty neat.. I'm gonna check that out!