Why are we not talking about vaccines?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Knitting Mama, Feb 6, 2015.

1. #121 well highdrated, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015

i never said that flu vaccine will cause me to get sick to transmit virus to others. what i said is that even if get a vaccine i can still transmit the virus to those "medically fragile" for up to 2 weeks (or more)... depends on who you ask.

and it will not definitely protect as you state...  it may or may not protect me. 
    you say it's 70% effective others say it's 66% effective while i see it as being about 50% effective. 
    not worth it. 

2. Look up "Navy Flu Outbreak"

Why don't you actually try and do research. Fake source? LOL

3. #123 *guest, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015

The problem is you're linking an article that literally says "CDC Admits Flu Vaccine Does Not Work"

The link the article posts from the CDC says nothing of the sort. It's just an article about a bunch of sailors who got the flu despite being vaccinated. Thing is, no one has ever claimed the flu vaccine is 100% effective. It is well known that they formulate the flu vaccine based on their best estimate of which flu strain will be most widespread during the coming flu season. 

Are they wrong sometimes? Absolutely. A flu shot isn't a fool-proof solution, it's a safety precaution that could really help you out. And shitty sites like that lose all their credibility when they say things that are just plain false... the CDC didn't "admit" shit. That site drew their own conclusions, acted like it was fact, and knew anti-vaccers would eat it up.

You also said in the same post "Nice Flu Shots are harmful" 

Where did the CDC release say anything about the flu shot being harmful? Where is that coming from?? 

But without the vaccine, you would not only be as vulnerable as an unvaccinated person during those two weeks, but also after those two weeks.  You're demonstrating a serious lack of understanding of math.

5. Do you know how quickly pathogens can spread through a population?

The point of vaccines is to minimize casualties, not make us gods

-yuri

6. Interesting link, thanks! I had never really heard much on black currant seed oil. There are some effective natural treatments around. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory effects, somewhat similar to NSAIDs, and possibly more like anti-anxiety, and of course sleep aid. Echinacea may prevent colds. Hawthorn can treat symptoms in some with CHF, and may reduce chance of sudden cardiac death. Of course, different components of cannabis can have various effects. More that I'm unfamiliar with, and/or too stoned to think of. It's sometimes hard to wade through the crap and scams in that area to find treatments backed by more than anecdote. Admittedly, I can be a bit biased at times for that reason.

Yeah, the ability of the flu viruses to mutate quickly is a limitation of the vaccine, unfortunately. The strains which are 'forecasted' in the spring to be prominent later in the year are chosen to be grown for vaccines. Each year, these predictions can be more accurate than others, so the viruses chosen for vaccination sometimes aren't the most common in the population. Plus, a few subtypes don't grow as effectively as most in the chicken eggs, so that could be a factor in effectiveness as well. Personally, I typically just go ahead and get it, it's cheap or free, and my employer requires us to get it or wear a mask 100% of the time. Which I'd be lying if I said I did, or particularly care to. Might as well get a better chance of avoiding it, IMO.

7. #127 forty winks, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Check this out =

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31698038

8. The flu has a lot of mimickers, colds, adenoviruses, some enteroviruses, parainfluenza, CMV or Epstein-Barr. A lot of people refer to gastroenteritis as the flu too, which makes things even murkier. Sounds like an interesting study!

9. I'll definitely take 5 shots to avoid one case of the actual flu.  The actual flu is awful (and, you know, even worse for people with compromised immune systems).

10. I have have my influenza vaccine every year around September, I have health issues.

11. #131 Tokesmith, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
    I didn't get my flu vaccine one year. I had health issues.

I also got the flu and so did my family....

This year I'm getting one..

12. you are arguing with the guy who claimed the cops were at his door during jade helm and made a post saying they were taking him to fema

Then was back in gc the very next day

You've been trolled sir

-Yuri

13. Its hard to decide. I think if I had kids I would get them their infant vaccinations, and their school ones, but as for the yearly flu shot, no. If you want to protect against measles and mumps and all the other stuff, I'll agree and say that's why they were invented. But a flu shot to not get the cold or flu? No, you can suffer the week of puking and sniffles and be a stronger person in the end for it. Now please don't kill me...

14. There is a lot of thought and research put into the CDC schedule, with many factors considered, including rates of uptake.

15. Why would you be a stronger person for getting the actual flu instead of the vaccine? See that's what I think people don't understand, all a vaccine does is give you the flu without giving you the flu, by exposing you to an inert form of the virus.

16. To protect your children for long time and make them strong to fight against disease, vaccines are the perfect and most effective way to enhance the immunity. So we must give all of the vaccinations to our children. It is our duty to take care of them. Polio is the most feared disease which causes death and paralysis. So vaccine is very important to restrict the polio.

17. Vaccines didn't give my daughter autism. And now she is immune to some deadly plagues.

Why not take advantage of our own biology?

For those who don't understand how vaccines work, its akin to lifting weights.

You could fight bears to get stronger naturally. Or you can lift some dead iron...

You could survive a deadly pathogen, or expose your immune system to a dead form of the DNA, so it builds up the same exact antibodies without having to get sick....

No brainer here

-Yuri

18. I got a tetnus shot a few years ago if that counts. Haven't gotten a flu vaccine in years but even when I did get it I would get flus(not just a cold) so why bother? I rarely even get sick and if I do it's just my sinuses acting up and their ain't nothing I can do about that.

19. I'm against the flu vaccine and a lot of other vaccines going about which are on offer in the UK. Injecting dead anti bodies into our system so our immune system can make the right enzymes with correct active sight to counter act the virus just seems mad! Theres been cases of people contracting terrible diseases of what they was injected against and its grown into the full virus. Just seems mad to me that's all! If we are constantly relying on this modern medicine its not fully building up our immune system so if you go with out Steroids/Vaccines surely your body more capable to tackle a virus?(As its relying on a medicine to come along and give it a helping hand.) I could be wrong I'm not a scientist just a Stoner Chef with a slight knowledge on the whole ordeal! Also the reason we constantly having to have a vaccine each year is due to the variation of the virus constantly changing to fight back against the vaccine morphing becoming more hardy to fight back against it! One day there wont be a vaccine to fight back over the virus and will turn into something nasty. I don't judge people who go every year to get a booster on the flu vaccine but one way or another both Un Vacced people and Vacced people are gonna be affected in the long run. Peace

20. if you knew a little about immunology you'd know you were wrong.

There is a reason we don't see mmr these days

-Yuri