Anybody here felt a spiritual experience with Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Harren, Feb 5, 2015.

1. My first time getting high changed me from a nihilistic atheist to a person considering the existence of god 

I am now more inclined to believe that there's something beyond this life rather than nothing

I don't know where I got the insight but I felt the unity of the universe, that everything is all but one

I have never thought about life in this way, if I met my current self 2 years ago I would have told myself that I'm being irrational but now I'm siding with theists (though not organized religion) more than atheists in debates. 

am I the only one who had a spiritual experience with it?

2. i have experiences like yours. but i dont let the weed control my mind so i know its just an interesting thing to think about but never take it seriously.

3. I get more of a scientific connection. I look at any object and hundreds of words and connections pop up in my head about the object and everything about it. Weed makes me realize I'm not stupid

4. lol believing in a higher power is not necessarily "spiritual"
    it's more of a connection and nderstanding of energy.

5. I usually just feel hungry. I hope this helps.

6. Yeah man I often get major ego-fade when I smoke, especially late at night. I get these feelings within myself that I can only described as a warm powerful energy flowing and spinning in extremely fast tight spheres. Nothing seems real and everything seems so strange and alien. I mean everything. Everything from toothpaste to why people laugh; from why people are so blind to the fact that we are slaves to big business to molecular structure and the illusion of size. Kinda like the feelings you get when you have a strong head rush. Basically like you've forgotten everything, your brains been wiped and you're re learning everything all over again

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I don't know about spiritual, but I definitely think differently when I am high. 

I feel like I begin to question everything and I view things in greater detail.

I feel like marijuana lifts the veil off of your brain and allows it to breathe and experience more. There's certain things that i'll think about while sober and it won't even be a big deal, but then i'll think about the same thing after a heavy session and i'll start tripping out. 

8. I got the opposite OP. My expansion made me ralize that if there is a God....then he is long gone from here. But I think Places like Puma Punku hold the real answers to our God(s)!

So you're a naturalist

I'm not sure if this thread would be a good place for a debate

yea after that a lot of times I don't take my thoughts seriously but the one I explained in OP is different, especially that mysticism touches on the same philosophy as well, and I have never heard about mysticism before that experience, so where did that thought come from?

That's why I thought it was interesting

10. Great to hear Harren. Why do you then devalue these recurring thoughts?

I would encourage you to explore the great philosophical questions for yourself, since you are now free from preconceived notions.

11. Weed makes the spiritual realm observable IMO.

Some people fight the realization and others open their minds to the possibilities.

12. All the time. Not as much as other natural substances though.

13. yess, keep meditating on it whenever you feel it.

14. Yes. I have felt spiritually plugged in and turned on by smoking weed. Now that studies are showing that usage actually strengthens connections in the mind, as opposed to the old meme of killing brain cells, it is no wonder that we can have new insights and breakthroughs. My early life was full of abuse, so I have an anxiety level off the charts... I tried all the pharmacueticals and some worked better than others, but all of them fell short in one way or another. However, after smoking, I finally know what peace is like... Indescribable! To me this pointed the way to not only ancient wisdom, but something about how people are and how God(s) must be.  If God is love, then cannabis is an emissary!

15. I thought I did once, and then I sobered up