Bladies: Would you ever? (eggs/surrogate)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MilkyLumpkinz, Feb 5, 2015.

1. I'm really glad you shared this with us. I feel like if its different its ultimately looked at more negatively..We're so used to things happening one specific way that any way that isn't the norm is strange or abnormal. Its really cool to hear stuff like this because you get to hear of how a family was created because of this. I'm glad your friends have their own family now, to me it doesn't matter how you go about building your family but the fact that its what you truly want and do deserve to have. And that last part..spot on!

-applauds- :smoke:

2. #22 Vicious, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015

Oh, so she took the money and your noble anecdotal evidence negates the market. Brilliant.

What's wrong with that? I'll reserve my opinion on homosexual surrogates / adopting and the extreme exponential raise in potential problems for that child. However I already said there is nothing wrong with it, it's just not this empowering selfless cause you seem to believe.

3. I don't think anyone said it was empowering..selfless yea, I feel like to an extent it is in someways. Maybe not fully, but is anything done ever fully selfless?

4. She took the money because she needed to buy new clothes, pay for doctors and hospital appointments, vitamins and supplements, shoes, along with other things....
    And yes a tad more than what she paid out for the time she was pregnant BUT she quit her job for 3 months of the pregnancy, and multiple other things.

The money is well earned and needed to replace the money she spent for other people. Imo.

And what's wrong with homosexual surrogates?

Chef.

5. #25 Vicious, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    But to answer the title, not only would I never do it if I could, I could never be in a relationship with someone that did. I'm sure there are some exceptions of people that are selfless enough to do it but if that is the case that is such an extreme selflessness I wouldn't consider healthy.

Eh, I slipped there a bit on empowering. I read an article from Switzerland a day or two ago about a European couple that family hired a Kenyan to father their child for the sake of being progressive.

Oh my, she quit her job? Probably because surrogate replaced it. That became her job. I didn't say the pay wasn't warranted or that it's bad. You're just making a business out to be a selfless and noble but its all about the paper.

I'm certain this thread will be derailed if I say homosexuals shouldn't have children, it's early and I'm to tired to argue my point. I believe in a traditional nuclear family. I am tolerant of homosexuals and I believe they have a right to marry but I'm on the fence about children. There are too many studies that show children raised by MM and FF guardians have exponential chances to be depressed, commit suicide, be gender confused, do drugs and a myriad of other problems. I'll pull the stats up when I find them but I'll likely be called a bigoted statist anyhow. That's aside from the cherry picked cases of the ones sexually abused. I can't tell you how many cases I've seen where two mothers convince their son he's actually female and start pumping him full of hormones by 12. You can't limit people having children because of that but they should be evaluated.

6. So what you think is just males or females could result in bad things for the kid, like the stuff you listed?

Fair enough im not going to call you names or be angry because everyone has a right to opinion!

But would you say the same if a M+F where easing a baby and eifer one died?

So it would lead to just a male or female raising the child? Same thing really, maybe not the gender confusion part but it's the same.
    Bet your opinions arnt the same on that?

Chef.

If you look at studies and the correlation of problems in children raised by a single parent, especially mothers, potential problems are high. Single parent children are often considered extremely disadvantaged, this as I mentioned becomes exponential in with same sex guardians. I was raised by a single mother. I'm not hating on women in any way but the statistics show. I'm sure I'll catch flame for this, I'll post sources and data when I'm not as busy studying.

8. Nothing is selfless. Everything you do is for your own benefit.

9. While it sucks you had to be a child without a parent, I feel like there are things that are a bit worse. There are so many kids without parents period, or people that love them. Yea I feel like any kid lacking would suffer in certain areas but it is better to be loved by a single parent, gay parents or/other then no one at all. I'm not saying love is all a child needs, but it is a good part of what makes us who we are and every kid deserves that no matter how they may get it/ who they may get it from.

Adopt then.

11. I def think thats another great option I would never ever discourage anyone to not adopt, at the same time adoption can be a verrrry long process an if you have the means this may be another option for people looking to start a family sooner or for older couples that feel adoption may take to long for them. That being said, its def something anyone looking to start a fam should at least consider..if I was in the situation it would be something I'd for sure take into consideration, because even before my whole not wanting to have kids I'd always told myself if I did one day I'd also adopt.