Bladies: Would you ever? (eggs/surrogate)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MilkyLumpkinz, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Soo this is a q for us bladies :) I was wondering if any of you have ever thought of possibly being a donor or surrogate mother?? I'm not really sure if I see kids in my future. The older I get the less that thought appeals to me. If you woulda asked me a few yrs ago, if I wanted kids I prob woulda been like, "Heck yea, one day" but now..not so much. This thought has been coming up a lot lately, and I was wondering if any of you chicks have ever thought the same, or would consider it? I mean its not only a good way to make some good $$chaching$$ but your also helping out couples/families that may struggle with having babies, and giving them that chance to bring joy into their worlds.

So Bladies, what are your thoughts on this? :)

2. Well since the girls are absent......About 20 years ago I worked with a girl who was pregnant but wasn't in a position to keep it.  I offered her $10,000 and a jeep (a nice jeep) for the kid and she agreed but then backed out.  Fortunately she kept it.  What a darling baby that was.  I know that's not a surrogate situation but it's all I've got.  What's the going rate now days?

3. lol haha yeaa, idk how I'd feel if I birthed the kid, especially imagining them growing up and finding out I traded them in for a jeep! lol I'd feel awful. That might make things a lot more diff! Anyway, I believe it ranges depending on if you're a donor or surrogate. I've heard of cases from $15,000 to $30,000 and up! It has me wondering if it would be a good choice. I think anyone who does this is def selfless but not everyone has the mindset or courage to be as selfless as some. It can def be a beautiful thing an I feel like it really benefits both parties. Its an interesting topic for sure to..a lot of my family seems to be against it but I know if any were in the given situation (could not conceive/ or have kids) this would be something they'd be looking into!

4. is it still selfless if you do it for the money?

5. It depends on how you look at it, if you find someone you really connect with an wanna give them that opportunity then yea I think its still pretty selfless, the money is def a bonus though. And I think its a well deserved one at that because you're in a sense sharing your body with others and/or putting the much needed work in for whatever you choose to do.

6. It definitely depends how you look at it. I wouldn't label it selfless unless someone came to you asking for your help and that was your motive for agreeing. Just like I wouldn't call a crab fisherman selfless for sacrificing his body for 9 months for $$.

Obviously being a surrogate is more personal than a crab fisherman. But in my eyes they are both performing a service for money. Lots of jobs take a toll on your body.

7. Selfless is a hard definition considering most people aren't selfless and being selfless is extremely hard to do. I think its just how most humans are programmed, we're not very good at that. Lol. Maybe theres another word that fits this? idk but right now I'm in school because I really wanna help others and get paid for it. That doesn't take away from the first part because my main goal that I wanna get from my degree is being able to relate to others an guide them in a way that I've never had. That being said, I don't wanna work for free. Otherwise how would I ever make a living..lol I feel like if you're coming from a good place, it doesn't matter if you're getting paid because you've earned it. What matters is that you just do it, stick with it and get something more out of it then just $$$ but also a valuable experience.

8. agreed. I guess we need a scale from selfless (0) to selfish (10).

I'd put surrogacy initially motivated by money at 2 or 3.

9. Welp..most are! but to some people all that matters is that it exists because while its not important to (some) its important to them.
    Anything done motivated by money is no longer kind by your standards, at least from what I can tell.. but I'd give it 7/10 because there are other ways to make money, its how you've chosen to go about it an handle yourself. Its also how you think of it..helping someone and also gaining something from it. I mean, I've known teachers who only teach for the money they complain about and then theres the ones that do it because they love it & need to make a living or save up, at least they go about it in a good way.

10. I said selfless was 0 so my 3 and your 7 are the same rating right? :D

11. lol idk..its 5:30 am an I haven't slept. I can't afford to do math right now.. :unsure:
    I might pop like..a brain vessel..

12. To have a biological child with anyone but your spouse, often a simple acquaintance or soliciting stranger and to give that child up for money; I think you'd probably have to be a sociopath. Good for the person willing and the couple receiving but I don't consider it self-less.

13. i wouldn't do it. not a chance. i would donate eggs but carry a baby thats not mine? nah. pregnancy sounds awful, and does some shit to your body, $20,000 and giving away a baby i carried and nurtured for 9 months would not motivate me to put my body/life thru all that stress and shit for someone else. i guess thats selfish lol but its my body and i don't think i should be looked down on for not wanting to potentially fuck it up for someone else. hats of to the ladies that do do it, it is a selfless act but i guarantee 9/10 wouldnt do it for free, money is definetly a big motivator in becoming a surrogate, but that kind of cash is not nearly enough for me to want to roll those dice. i applaud you for considering it tho

14. Whoaa I never said biological, donating eggs for use I guess is technically biological but I wouldn't say its the same as carrying as child for 9months. The same goes for being a surrogate as its not you're biological child but theirs, they are simply using you as a way to carry the child but it would not be your child. Plus as I stated, I personally am not really sure of having my own children in the possible future, married or not. It may not be for me, its not for everyone. But even if it is for someone who chooses this path, I don't feel like theres anything wrong with that.

15. There's nothing wrong with it but they're not doing it out of generosity. They're literally selling their body.

Do they implant a fertilized egg? I know some people still just dump one in the surrogate. What about homosexuals? Do they do a semen cocktail so they don't know whose kid it really is? What about lesbian couples?

16. I would but I'm missing the baby holder parts...

Chef.

17. lol I think ur making it sound a lot grosser then what it is. Its not selling your body, you're choosing to do something with it that you feel comfortable with. Selling your body is like saying ok well gimme money an do whatever you want with me. This is having your permission and understanding which I feel is a lot diff then that, you're making a choice an decision to go through with it. You're also taking the time to learn about the procedure and the important things you must do an cooperate with. Its not as easy as it seems, it takes work that not many can handle. This is def something you have to do for the right reasons, money aside.

18. #19 Vicious, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015

Agree to disagree. You are literally selling your body and its biological functions as a host. I didn't compare it to whoring but you are selling your body, right reasons or not. Reproduction isn't gross. the point I'm making is something is mentally off if you're willing to host a baby for 9 months and give it up. You're right, most people can't handle that, It's abnormal. It only happens because of a market for it, not some noble cause.

And you were talking about artificial insemination of an already fertilized egg, what about for homosexual couples?

19. "It only happens because of a market for it, not some noble cause"

I hate this statement, the reason I day this is because if it wasn't for a surrogate mother then two of my friends (bf+bf) would never off been able to have their little girl they have now.

They are now a family and have been given that chance by a lovely lady that kindly went through a lot of pain and trouble over 9months to help out and give someone a family.
    Yea she did take money, but what's wrong with that? She had to pay for a lot and go through a lot to do this for them.

Chef.