King of the Hammers race

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Markc05, Feb 5, 2015.

1. http://new.livestream.com/ULTRA4/2015KOH

Extreme desert racing, Johnson Valley Cali. Some serious HP trucks, with insane amounts of wheel travel, barrel through the desert, and rock crawl. Its wonderful

2. #2 El Duderino, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Funny, I just saw an old Unimog for sale on my local craigslist.

None of those vehicle's tires are under 38 inches.

The Paris-Dakar rally is equally challenging, if not more so.

3. Ya, but the actual KoH race is only a 1 day race. Some say its the most difficult single day race on the planet.

4. Today is the big race. It will likely continue on to around 6pmpst

5. post video(s).

6. The entire recorded race is on live stream

http://new.livestream.com/ULTRA4/2015KOH

It was a crazy race, some drama, some crashes and some big smiles after the race.

7. KoH is only 1 day, Dakar rally is 13 stages of 500+ miles.
    Yea you might bash a little harder at hammers, and there is a lot more rock crawling, but Dakar is toughest, hands down. Baja 1000 not far behind it....

8. The only 'problem' with Dakar or Baja, the time difference makes it difficult to watch live, and a lot of the time when you do, the race is focused on a specific pit section or a long open desert run with very little turning.

The most off road events I've watched have been global rallycross, dirtbikes or targas. I've rarely had interest in offroad unless it was a dirtbike. KoH is an entertaining race, the Dakar and Baja, I honestly don't even know what time of the year they happen. Most if not all footage I've seen was YouTube.

9. I just need the rear koh lightbar now. I can probably cannibalize a lightbar and swap in some blue and amber LEDs

Attached Files:

10. Yeah hugely different trucks, and each styles. We should appreciate all of it, cause it is impressive as fuck.

In the KoH yesterday there was an Aussie right hand drive 900+HP ultra4 truck. I think he had 2 laps complete, but an amazing sounding exhaust.

Attached Files: