MchigannJrs CFL Closet Grow | Crippler

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MichigannJr, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Your plants are looking beautiful bro! I myself am starting a grow 12/12 from.seed. want a perpetual single room grow and i have read good things. Are you gonna run your seedlings under 12/12?

2. Thanks man ! And honestly I just threw the little one in there because I had two chemdog photo seeds and the next grow I really wanna do a perpetual autoflower cycle.

3. hey man, a few things.
     first off you can never have to many lumens or too much light, its there natural food source, so inturn more light/lumens = helthier plants.
    second off cfls work wonderful for the stage your plants or in, and they will continue to look great over the next few weeks, but as they get bigger and closer to bud its going to start drooping no matter what you do, simply because cfls just arent quite strong enough unless you have a whole crap load of them, and at that point it gets a little crazy with wires and exstension cords and such. my suggestion would be to go buy a simple 600-1000 watt setup, weather that be on craigslist or brand new, and use that through the whole process, get a hps light, and you can use it start to finish, some people will tell you im crazy, i promise you im not lol it works, very well. just my oppinion tho man, happy growing!

4. Appreciate your input man, and glad you came to check my plants out.

After a lot of research and having a close friend group that includes many larger scale growers, I know factually that a MH/HPS set up yields better results, no doubt.

I've also learned that due to certain pros with CFLs ( such as dealing w/ heat issues, using a lot of electricity, having a small space, dealing w/ ventilation issues, etc. ) and with certain results I've seen, that it was worth consideration imo. Also that with enough watts and lumens, you can counteract a lot of the negatives discussed with CFLs.

I've got about 590 actual watts, on 4 plants, and being a MacGyver of sorts and knowing that if I wanted to rival the penetrating power of HID lighting that id need to keep the bulbs as closely as possible, keeping a eye out to make sure all bud sites have sufficient lighting. I've made many adjustments to do just that.

Again, thank you for your input , you do only seem to want to advise me on things you feel would improve my results, so I can only feel appreciative of that. But I can't help but feel like a lot of information I've provided has been buried in pages before this so you probably didn't get a full scope of the situation at hand. And I feel my set up currently with yield me very good results, I'm confident about it.

With all that being said, one of the biggest reasons I chose CFLs was not knowing what the ancient wiring in my place was going to be able to sustain ( very old place )
    And at 590w currently, I realize what I can do lol. I have plans in place to swap out my set up for an Apollo 600w MH/HPS set up after I harvest this run.

Stick around though, I'm sure you'll be impressed :D

5. I've been meaning to ask...what does perpetual mean?

6. A constant cycle, I'll give you an example for what I want to do.

It's very easy to plan a perpetual grow for a single chamber set up when using autoflowers, because you can keep the light schedule the same throughout the entire grow, allowing vegging autos and flowering autos to share the same room!

So my plans are to take 4 autos, at half way through their grow, add 4 more. When the original four are done, the other 4 will be half way ( give or take , plants will be plants ) and you add 4 more. Repeat.

At this rate, let's say it's like 10 weeks from seed to finish, then I'll be harvesting 4 plants every 5 weeks.

7. OK lol a lot makes sense now ...that's kinda how I'm doing it but I didn't know the word for it... I'm doing non autos now but I might go back to autos ...the only problem is my tent isn't big enough for more than 4 or 5 plants but my other one should be functional tonight or tomorrow

8. Holy moly they're looking awesome man! I haven't been on in a while..can't wait to see the end results

9. Awesome journal bro, currently 8 days into my lil project and it's going good, can't wait to see your results man, subbed!!!!

10. #151 GrandDaddyGains, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  11. Thanks every one :D

I'll be checking out your guys' journals too!

12. lookin good over there man!

13. Thanks :D

I'll be stopping by , thanks for checking my journal out!

14. I'll probably do an update w/ pictures tomorrow, and I'm thinking I'm gonna feed them tiger bloom for the second time.

Stay tuned B)

15. I feel like I've been falling off lol. Just been really busy with work, will do an update soon.

16. Will be waiting man!

17. looking forward to results