Could a glass bowl be an alternative to a nail?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by jogreenie, Feb 3, 2015.

1. #21 AlpacaBowl_, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    How do people think we smoked oil alone for 20+ years before rigs were mainstream. There WERE stoners before you, you know.

2. That doesn't make it ok

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I dont think buddy doing blades for a week before he can afford a nail or gets put away or whatever is happenning to him will kill him... i did it for years with no adverse effects but whatever. Only helpful post in the thread lol idk why i try to help this part of the forums anymore.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. There were no adverse effects? how do you know this? Are you saying this simply because you feel no damage from it currently? Do you think the first cigarette causes cancer as well?

5. So what's the difference in Ti getting red hot, and StSt getting red hot?

6. The difference between quality titanium and stst is that one lets off harmful chemicals when heated and the other doesn't

7. Then why use StSt for cooking surfaces?

8. Idk ask a scientist/engineer not me. But the facts are out there about the toxic fumes it lets off at the right temp.

9. Because a stove only gets up to ~500 degrees. You need temperatures over 1000 to let off fumes.

10. Why would you dab at >1000? Seems like you'd waste a lot with the incineration.

11. You aren't inhaling fumes from cooking.

Number 1 you aren't inhaling it.

number 2 it doesn't get that hot.

It's not that TI doesn't put out harmful chemicals, it does, just not Untill its heated to extreme temperatures. Which is why TI is the go too.

12. No.1 I stand over whatever I'm cooking so I inhale whatever it puts off

Nombre deux, depending on the thickness of the steak my grill runs 600-800F

Now I could be wrong, but when dabbing shouldn't the nail stay between 350-500F for optimum temps, and to run below the incindiary point of thc?

13. No you don't! The heat it puts on your face would be far to immense at some point, you look over the stove. Again, you aren't at so high a temp, grills have an open flame.

The problem lies in oxidation, when you begin to deteriorate the material the outer layer that forms can be toxic if inhaled.

Part of the reason TI is so expensive is due the metals ability to resist corrosion.

Ss releases chromium when heated above 600-700 so everytime you get that material above that temp its releasing toxins even if you let it cool down, the outer layer still contains those toxic chemicals in the form of an oxidized layer.

TI on the other hand will not release any dangerous chemicals until it reaches temperatures far beyond the capabilities of a handheld butane torch.

That being said, SS doesn't retain heat as well so there's also that argument.

14. What the fuck are you talking about? We are talking stainless steel.

15. I wanted to know why the nail had to get over 1000

16. Because people heat their nails to red, excluding the people that use emails, if a nail even begins to flow red it is above 1000 degrees

17. #37 YoShytsWeak, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015

Even tough you let the material cool down, it still releases toxins.

Idk why we are sitting here arguing. Like some one already said.

We're talking about stainless steel for fucks sake! Just buy a cheap Quartz nail

Next thing were going to move on to aluminum not being directly linked to alzheimer's disease so it must be safe too.

18. Dunno why that kid thought I was referring to a stainless steel nail. Like...seriously?
    I hate this site sometimes lmao

19. I don't even know what you're blabbering about. I'm talking about STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE

20. #40 DabsOnTheMountain, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
    Oh you guys....

There's always a thread arguing about metals giving off fumes...

Guess what you guys, some things aren't safe. There are pointless risks some people take in life. Whether or not dabbing off the knife in your kitchen drawer will kill you dosn't matter, It's just a pointless risk. Just don't do it. Pointless risks are usually pretty dumb things anyway.

I don't want to live to be 90, but I also don't want to be 73 and forget everything I ever did in my life down to my wifes face. Or have some weird ass disease from inhaling chromium as a kid. Nobody does. So why take that pointless risk? Is it honestly worth a 20 minute high?

As a dumb kid I used to vape rez off foil... all the time... So that will probably come back to haunt me if any of the scientific papers are right... I feel like I learned from It, and how much I stress every night over getting Alzheimers someday sort of makes me want to keep people safe. So learn from my fuck ups. Don't use anything beside glass, quartz, or Ti from a reputable source. Watch what you put into your body. Not just here too, with everything in your life.