First time, Lets get that Green

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Limb, Feb 2, 2015.

1. First time journal and first time growing. Watched my friend fail miserably with some 'dro' seed haha decided I would up him a little. I'm growing these outside during the day and then bringing them inside at night because of the weather geting cold. Gotta love florida😂

Anyways I haven't added anything yet sense I don't even know what to add(total newbie) Any tips or suggestions would be perfect👌

The seeds were sprouted 3 days ago I'll keep updating I'll be happy to watch the three-leaf plant grow up I've never seen one before.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422902109.164433.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422902141.615750.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422902180.387390.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Also just adding, I got some 'good' seeds going haha it's just a mix of a few strains. Need help with what to feed the plants, keep passing 👌

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422919991.370050.jpg

4. The babies are looking healthy, thinking about attempting lst after topping, I'm open to try out a few different techniques. Looking forward to that big shoot of growth after the second set grows through. Second set of leaves are starting on a few. Had an idea about lsd'ing the plant with three leaves? If that's even possible. Stay safe guys 🔥

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423012467.092926.jpg

5. And what's up with the runt^ should I keep?

6. Btw these are being grown outside during the day. Then at night I just bring them in and put a fan on them. Once there decently sized I will be moving them to a spot with full sunlight all day long.

7. Not very exiting I know:p
    But I found some secret spots that are an easy access.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423097046.459990.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423097076.394937.jpg

Pretty cool :smokin: spot

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423097102.130241.jpg

8. Not much to update, but the trileaf is going pretty hard haha. Plan on getting some perlite today to throw into some better soil. Any advice on how there looking? Total newbie here :smokin:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423227666.766068.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423227679.017034.jpg

The smallest one is winning in growth so far, haha weird

9. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. btw they look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Just a little update. Lost one seedling due to heat:/ weird considering the weather is up on the 50's again. Oh well:/. Also got a ticket for riding my two dirtbikes out with the trucks. fucking pigs always finding a way to take people's money. 55$ just for riding 2 Yamaha's out in the dirt. Good ride though.

Plants are looking good the tri leaf opened up some more :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423618532.891244.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423618571.094094.jpg

12. I'll be using that recipe thanks man, any advice on to how to make them a little healthier^ or am i just paranoid. Thanks for the help bro

13. your soil looks kinda of shitty and compacted, get some new stuff with perlite it in

14. yeah man sure thing, im really new to growing but i just whipped up a batch of soil and this shit works like a charm so far, ill post up my exact recepie for you..

and are you sure it was because of heat? i get my temps up into the high 80's and 90's with not even any slowed growth at all.... and thats with multiple strains too... if you could decribe what exactly happened to it thatd be awesome lol

but yeah you should definitely transplant out of that soil, it looks really compact and id think thats the reason why the seedling died.... how many waterings have they had?

i find that if you just set em and forget em they seem to do way better, just water them and then feel how heavy the cup is, then wait until it get wicked light and the soil is pretty dry, but the plant isnt wilting yet.... thats the sweet spot to water at is what ive found, itll take some trial and error to get the hang of it....

BUT it seems as if you are extremely umprepared lol which is totally chill but you are going to run into problems... so what I would do if i were you would be to make a mix of 1/3 earthworm castings/compost, 1/3 sand or perlite, and 1/3 peat moss... ONLY those ingredients because if you put kelp meal, alfalfa, tomato tone etc then you would have to let it 'cook' for 4 weeks... so anyway then i would mix it up, put it in your hole in the ground, moisten it and plant a plant in it... then depending on strain it could grow fat buds or it could make it a few weeks and completely run outt of nutes.... so as soon as you plant that plant then make another mix with the kelp meal and alfalfa, (ill give you my exact mix in another post) and let this mix cook for 4 weeks while your growing the plant in the 1/3,1/3,1/3 mix....

at the end of the 4 weeks you could take clones off of that plant and youll have a fantastic mix that will kick ass to plant them in... and you could top dress that plant that you took clones off of if its running low on nutes...

honestly it is very best to do your own research as im sure this may be confusing, and NEVER rely on anyone to give you help cuz these people will just forget about you honestly it sucks man... i really want to help you though because we can share info and learn together and whatnot... i encourage you to come up with as many questions as you can possibly think of and ask them right here so we can all help..

and a huge thing too is that its way too early in the year to be planting cannabis unless its autoflowering, thats why if you follow what im tryin to tell you, youll get experience, a good soil, and everything will be up and running by the time you should be planting... lol i typed a fuck load

15. Oh and if you ever worry about your plants it makes them stop growing, its a proven fact... they can read your emotions extremely well and when you worry about them it makes them think that something is wrong so they start to worry too.... look up plants being hooked up to a polygraph, it actually works on them, mythbusters did a test where they put a plant under stress and it reacted with stress spikes on the polygraph... the shits crazy man

16. STEP 1. make a mix of 1/3 worm casting/compost, 1/3 perlite/sand, and 1/3 peat moss

you might have to modify it a little depending on how muddy the compost is so make a test mix in a solo cup and run water through to see how good it drains...

then dig a hole in the ground, put the mix in and get it decently moist but not sloppy wet...

then plant a plant in it and your good to go, you might need to top dress later on with something but you should just cross that bridge when you get there...

do this ASAP my friend