Do You See What This Police Officer Saw? Her Superiors Didn’t — So Now Police Are Apologizing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Feb 1, 2015.

1. http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2015/01/29/ex-tukwila-cop-says-spd-officer-cynthia-whitlatch-is-a-racist-who-once-stole-marijuana-from-police-evidence

And wait there's more:

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2015/01/29/ex-tukwila-cop-says-spd-officer-cynthia-whitlatch-is-a-racist-who-once-stole-marijuana-from-police-evidence

The way she talks about citizens and her job is exactly how I imagined cops talk about us peasants. I also read that even though there was clear video evidence that this case was bullshit the guy still had to plead guilty or else pay expensive legal fees and going to jail for months or years. Imagine if there had not been a camera involved, this guy would be in an orange jumpsuit.
    \nCops have way too much authority nowadays, they justify it by portraying the issue as one of cop safety. And justify any violation of the law as necessary to keep themselves safe. Well I'm sorry but if your a cop you volunteered to be put into dangerous situations your number one priority should be citizen safety and if you can't handle that and are feint of heart find another profession. 

2. Cops, fuck them.  I can't agree with your last sentence, though.  Cops must be free to protect their own lives above all others, just like the rest of us.  The real challenge is to weed out the bad ones.  Maybe cop crimes should be punished more severely than the rest of us are.  Like make a national bad cop database like the sex offender list.  They should be required to register as an asshole. 

Cops will never be held responsible for any action as long as their safety is prized over the citizens they swore to serve and protect.

4. They are not here to protect and serve citizens. How is harrassing me over a license plate sticker protecting or serving anyone? Unless i ask for their assistance, or i have violated someone else, i should never have an interaction with a cop.

They are not military, investigators, judges, marital advisors etc. They are given authority not by the people but by the ones they truly serve. They are not just law enforcement, they are statute enforcement. Statutes do not serve the people.

If a police violates your rights, take them and their station to court, let them know it is not okay. We have become brainwashed into believing they have authority... truth is, they only have authority over the subclass called citizens.

People > government > police > citizens

5. Being from Seattle, I'm 0% surprised here. The Seattle Police Dept is under a consent decree from the US Dept of Justice, after they found "a pattern or practice of excessive force that violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law."

6. I bet even a half assed unbiased investigator can find that virtually all police departments out there, violate the law to uphold it. The hypocrisy is nothing short of spectacular.

You also live in a state that desires to tax people per mile. Fail of a idea and good luck trying to bring that to Texas.

8. Gonna disagree there.

If cops want to be heros they need to act like heros

Fact is, the mentality of cops life above all else, is what ultimately puts the lives of the innocents at risk.

For example: a cop shooting a kid because he pointed a toy gun at the cop. It's the cops job to give benefit of the doubt. To put their life on the line to protect people.

-yuri

9. I think most street cops are all uneducated D-bags. The good ones make detective. Just earlier this week I had to file a police report about my car getting broken into. The cop taking the report was giving me shit for filing one. When I went over the list of stolen crap he basically told me to get over it and who cares about a few hundred dollars of stuff. He seemed very irritated that I was making him work.

Hopefully soon they pass some legislation making it mandatory for all cops to wear body cameras. Let everything they do\\say be recorded so we can end this cops word is what the court will always side with.

10. She looks like a cunt

[​IMG]

11. Sounds like a normal run of the mill pig. Racist, criminal, homo, fugly cow. What's your next big story gunna be cops like coffee and doughnuts. Everyone knows swine are the scum of the earth those who don't are iether benefitting from the situation or are in deep deep denial.

12. That is a fantastic idea