First Grow with a Bag Seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ShelliGoneBananas, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Gooood morning. Yup, no sleep for me lol. The babys lookin mighty fine this morning, i kinda feel like growth sped up tremendously in the last 2 weeks or so. Hmm. Well I am switching to flower tn. I'm going to put her in complete darkness for 72 hours then switch to 12/12 after adding 6 warm CFLs. Should do the trick lol. Oooooo I so hope this is a female. ^_^

2. Ok... So I'm def a loser. As I'm taking this pics my brain started singing 'welcome to the jungle' Lmao I have problems.

Attached Files:

3. Lol similar songs pop in my head while lookin into me cabinet. And i just have to share this with everyone on here so i dont get tempted to tell anyone i actually know irl: i just found out tonight that BOTH my babies are ladies!!!! Started with six plants and had to pick 4 then 2, way before there were any signs of sex. I got super lucky and got two girls!!! Im just so excited and gitty lol i giggle like a schoolgirl every time i see those pistils llal. Hope you have the same luck, i know how uncertain bag seed can be.

4. Woooooooooo Congrats! Who doesn't love bitches? Lmfao that was a bad joke considering I'm a girl. Anywhoo yea I hope I have good luck with it too. If it does flower tho it looks like I'll get a pretty decent yield considering she's turned into a monster bush hahaha (yay topping!)

5. #205 StayLowGrows, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    Yeah, that yellowing from earlier was just the plant showing vigor. Notice that shit filled in real quick?

You should be getting close to knowing sex. I might be able to give you a fairly decent guesstimate with some close-ups on the nodes...

I wound up going to sleep after the bowl the other morning. Been in a different world the past couple of days. I hate those nights. Last night, geez. Last month caught up with me this morning. Was like a zombie for at least 30 minutes. Moaning and grumbling waiting on the coffee. Got up late for the preprogrammed brew.

6. It did fill in fairly quickly lol. Awesome, ill start taking close ups : ) Sorry to hear you're having a shitty time. I've been pretty screwy lately myself. I need a coffee, speaking of lol.

7. #207 ShelliGoneBananas, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    HOLY SHIT! ARE THOSE PISTILS? I'll dieeeeee hahahaha idk at first I thought it was just growth but I was peeking at stuff online..... Looks like it to me, but hey what do I know lol
    Damn.... I just read "sturdier green growth is not pistils" grrrr I'll take a few more close ups anyway n post in a few.

Attached Files:

8. #208 ShelliGoneBananas, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    I'm gonna throw her into 72 hr darkness tn and see what happens when (s)he comes out. And then go from there with 12/12 and warm lighting. I'm also going to buy the vegetable and tomato 2-5-3 in a little while. I looked it up and Lowes carries it.

9. Here's a few different shots.... How the hell do I tell the difference between "sturdy hair-like growth" and pistils?

Attached Files:

10. The pistils are very fine, white, and always in pairs. I found mine near new growth after 7 days of 12/12. Also they look a lil crystal-y. When you do see them, you'll know

11. Haha thanks. At least now I know what I'm looking for. How's ur ladies?

12. Doin mighty fine, finally getting everything tuned in juuuuust right. Check out the journal if ya got some time. As i said before i gotta show'em off on here so im not tempted to tell anyone who knows me around here lol. I cant lie, im too proud to keep it to meself. Its my first time and the first time anything has went so well lol.

13. Right on, man!
    :D:D:D

14. #214 ShelliGoneBananas, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Everything is goin pretty good, the plant has gotten so bushy! Didn't expect it to be so big! I'm very proud of her so far! She's in darkness since this morning so sorry no pics.

15. Picturessss... Leaves seems a lil droopy... I had it in darkness for 3 days so maybe just under watered? And the temp in the room seemed a Lil cool lately, I turned up the heat but could the cold have done it? Could be no issue at all but to me, def seems droopy

Attached Files:

16. Looks a little bit droopy, but not bad, just give her some tlc after 3 days of darkness.

Otherwise, looking mighty fine Shelli, haven't been around the city all too much lately, got my next grow started and had a shitton of things happen with work and all that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (2nd grow) Autoflowering Extravaganza: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1365650-kiamitos-autoflowering-extravaganza.html

(1st grow)Sensi silver haze: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1355262-take-look-any-comments.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only good is knowledge, the only evil, ignorance.

17. Yea she perked back up within a few hours so all good for now and no signs of sex yet tho : /

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."

18. Thats hopefully a good thing, as far as I know males show sex earlier than females.

(2nd grow) Autoflowering Extravaganza: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1365650-kiamitos-autoflowering-extravaganza.html

(1st grow)Sensi silver haze: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1355262-take-look-any-comments.html

The only good is knowledge, the only evil, ignorance.

19. Hi everyone. Damn its been a hot minute and for that I'm sorry, lots been goin on and times is tough in the kingdom
    But we keep on keepin on. Anyway, I don't think I have enough light on her cause she has yet to show any signs of sex...... TIL TODAY THAT IS!!!!! Omg I'm def not goin crazy this time. I think it was deadbodyman that said this but I may be wrong but "when u see the pistils... Ull deff kno it." WELLLLL..... I don't think I'm goin crazy here but this does NOT look like regular vegetative growth..... Those are HAIRS not leaves. Someone please verify bc I'm sooo friggin exciteddddd!!!! Yayyyyy

Attached Files: