Are my plants healthy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GangsterGreenThumb, Feb 1, 2015.

1. So this is my first time grow. The environment stays around 80 degrees. I have a 400w LED light and things seem to be going great. Im just really concerned as this is my first grow so I wanted to know if my leaves are drooping or is this plant healthy?

Like I said everything feels ok as far as growing of the little plant but the leaves just look droopish to me. Or is it me overreacting? Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Attached Files:

2. Nice and green looking soil looks very wet tho, what's the story with your watering schedule

3. So watering is based off of need. What I feel it needs. I end up watering maybe every 3 days. When the soil feels more dry than wet. I also come in about 3 to 4 times a day and spray mist it once or twice to get the leaves wet. When I spray it I dont drench it or anything. I just spray once or twice with a spray bottle to wet the leaves. (I think it feels good to them). Other than that I dont water too often.

When I do water I water until it drips out the bottom and then stop.

Maybe stop spraying them? Or maybe water go longer between full water feedings?

But in your opinion the leaves look droopish right?

Lastly if I water less how will I know they need water? Will the leaves go up if they need water?

Sorry for the long post.

I don't know about the misting of leaves, so I won't be much help there. I personally never have done it. The way I see it is roots uptake nutrients/water and the leaves will take up the light/process stuff for the plant to grow. Hopefully someone else will chime in with real science.

Anyway watering when they soil is drying out like you are doing is good. The leaves don't look super droopy to me. If they became under watered you would see leaves that look thinner and saggy looking. Watering from this point will perk them back up in a matter of hours. Over watering you'll see droop and the leaves looking heavy and fat/puffy looking.

5. Misting is ok but not so often once a day right after watering but not really needed at all I never mist I did in the beginning but learned quickly you dont need to keep with the 3 to 4 day water schedule if u really wanna foliar feed look into a specific foliar spray and do it once a week but not really needed

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422758685.908315.jpg

Sent with Peace & Love
    It's not the best picture and I'm a newbie at growing. I used some cheap soil that o got from the dollar store and I just purchased a 150 watt hps light. Please comment or any advise is welcomed. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422758735.049123.jpg

Sent with Peace & Love

7. #7 Root, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    Read, read, read, Grow, Fuck Up, Read, Read, Read... and the cycle continues for a harvest or two.

Oh and stop watering so much, and just plain old cut the misting out. If your worried about them drying out make a little dome for them to keep humidity in. Other then that they look good.

8. Cool. Thanks for all the replies guys. Since I have been reading your posts I have stopped "misting" them. Lol. The leaves are starting to perk up some but not much.

I was thinking they should be really perky like the other guys picture in this thread. But I will follow your guys expertise and stop misting all together. Thanks again for the help.

9. Looking fine to me. How old are they?

10. Probably over watered but otherwise look healthy.  Let it dry out a bit more in between watering.  It actually promotes strong root growth to do so.

11. Yeah you want "praying leaves" like they are praying for the beautiful life your giving them. Right now it looks like they live in the rainforest, they like what you like. You dont want to be wet all the time, do you? Let the soil dry out a bit, then cool them down with water.

12. They have been above ground for about 8 days.

13. Nice to know. I will go longer before watering. Now I wont be so scared to go an extra day before watering now that I know it helps the roots. Thanks bro.

14. Too much water will actually help lead to root rot.  It's not a tropical plant.  It grows best in warm temperate climates in well drained soil that doesn't get daily rain.

15. Lol I love the analogy. I agree they look like rain forest plants. I will try letting them dry out some. Thanks. That made a lot of sense for me.

16. When you let the soil dry out it forces the roots to expand and search for more water/nutes. Theres an old saying "What doesnt kill you, only makes better buds" or something like that..

17. Lmao. You guys are killing me with knowledge today. I admit I have been going for that hot tropical feel for my plants so I can see how my environment could maybe cause this. So I need to think more of like a desert almost?

No, not a desert.  Temperate.  Moderate temperatures and humidity, not extremes at either end.

19. I think I got it. Dont baby them too much with misting and shit just keep it hot and semi dry and let it do its thing.