The Jambalaya Project

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by NugPufr, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Nice looking stud you got there GS! Should hold down the gens!

2. I don't have many others to choose from lol.....but I say why the hell not? Sure makes growing abit more interesting when you're growing your own/or someone elses own seeds lmao!

3. A "why the hell not" attitude always results in something interesting happening. Not always something great, but it'll at least be a laugh. :D

4. #184 GSTM, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    I still think they will produce fine quality plants....after all, they contain Sensi Jack Herer, Afghan Kush, Chemdog and Big Buddha Cheese genetics....that's like 4 major food groups dude lol!

5. Haha, that is very true. Doesn't sound like you can really go wrong with any of those.

6. undesirable recessive traits probably still exist so attention to detail when selecting phenos is still required.

So I am pretty sure I want to move forward with the haze pheno and even though the numbers are fairly close, I still can't get over the other pheno having a higher THC content. 

I think I will do one final smokedown with the two, get some other people involved and make a decision. Then it's on to selecting the next Jamba Master!

7. I don't blame you wanting to go forward with the haze pheno, after your smoke report I can see why! I'm all about that pep in your step those sativa's give you!

8. me too. A good manageable sativa is harder to find that your run of the mill indicas that flood the market today.

9. Right now I'm in the process of trying to find a good sativa for the wife to enjoy. She hasn't tried very many but hasn't been to pleased with them. This howerver, sounds like something she would enjoy. At least from your smoke report.

10. I haven't grown out many plants but I really enjoyed paradise seeds sensi star. I had a sativa pheno and only got about half an onion left. I love that smoke, I'm floating on a cloud every time with a smile on my face, a pep in my step and I'm still sharp as a tack!

The pack I got and a few others here in the city at the time were wack, honestly! A few had grown out all retarded and shit. Left me with a sour taste if you know what I mean. But who knows sometimes you can clone your way out of that ya know! I just didn't get the chance to run it again.

11. JambaCity 1.0 #2, 63 days from flip, nice, musky/spicy initial smell followed by a sweet aftertone as you back your nose away. Chunky buds are of medium density, think it would have been a beastly cola had I not been forced into training her into an extended tomato cage. Yellowing out a bit quicker than the other doesn't bother me, don't like to smoke chlorophyl anyhow haha. Probably give her another week or two...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427945664.945687.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427945691.442291.jpg

12. #192 Lumperfan, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    JambaCity 1.0 #1, pretty much sure she is my keeper :) (final verdict after smoke test). 63 days from flip, has another week or two to go.

Starting to get some nice maroon and purple hues late in flower and stinking a bit more on the skunky fuel side with that same sweet aftertone as I back away.

These buds are dense! The kind of thing you run to to chop off a branch and defend yourself against an intruder with, lol. Seriously some of the most dense buds I have grown. Topped her right before flip and she has filled in with dense fat nugs that make me smile.

Overall these beans have been a pleasure to work with and one of the personal peaks of interest in my garden, fun ride with a healthy vigorous easy to grow plant. If the colors continue to increase into the buds, this will be the complete package. I know some form of this line will be in my garden for a long time. Big props to GS and NP from this guy!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427946289.588614.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427946303.433380.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics...

13. wow nice colors! looking proper man

14. Wow! The purple in those is looking beautiful. It would be awesome to see that starting to creep into the buds a good bit.

Do you think that was temp induced at all or mostly genetics that just like to go purple?

15. Probably a bit of both. Most of the run the flower room was in the 70's lights on, but did dip into the mid 60's every night. The other pheno was strictly green (then yellow), so this pheno does have a little mojo going. The buds are about 2x as solid as the other pheno, that does have solid nugs also. Great leaf/bud ratio - will be a breeze to trim for sure. JambaCity baby!

16. Yeah haze pheno started to purple up as well. probably would have turned with cooler temps

17. Oh my that is pretty!!!! Reminds me if my favorite GS AK x GDPs I grew out

18. #198 GSTM, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    Dude , I'm so happy you're happy with the Jambalaya!

Are you to be the next Jambacity master?

Hope so.

You would def be a good candidate!

19. Haha man....I still haven't grown any of those myself....I did somehow manage to keep 8 beans though lol.

20. Anybody absolutely want to and able to run the 2.0's now?

• Like Like x 1