The Jambalaya Project

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by NugPufr, Jan 31, 2015.

1. #1 NugPufr, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    Hello all,

Welcome to the Jambalaya Project.

First for some background:

Jambalaya as it starts out, is currently a poly-hybrid (4 way cross) strain of cannabis created by member  GSâ„¢
    He started  by crossing an Afghan Kush to a Sensi Jack Herer.

He then grew out a hybrid strain I created, CheesedawG which is Big Buddha Cheese x Rez Chemdawg IBL.

A male CheeseDawG was used to pollinate a female AKxJH and Jambalaya 1.0(J1.0) was born!

Some of those beans just happened to be found in a mysterious, dimly lit parking lot in narnia and were transferred to my care to look after them. I promptly germinated 10.

So this is an experiment based on an idea I came up with while blazing the holy tree, staring at a vial of extra pollen I had, and thinking about dusting some J1.0 I have going with it just for the hell of it.

But then I thought, Well what if I send those offspring to someone else to grow and they dust it with what they believe is a worthy male and do the same, pass it on to someone else and we can all document the event here on GC and just see what happens over the course of time.

So here it is. The idea is that I will start it off with my current J1.0 grow which I have already pollinated for the next stage. Once completed I will select which plant I want to use the seeds from to continue on the line then will select a capable and willing successor to pass the torch to who will in essence do the same, and so on and so on. 

They key is that each grow gets at least the minimal updates here throughout the cycle so we can all see the evolution of the plant that we all have a hand in shaping. It is essentially a community breeding project. The current grower gets complete say on which direction to take it and who his successor will be if they are willing and able. Dedication and patience are they keys here. The goal is to improve on the line with each generation.

How this is run will probably be a work in progress for some time but at least this is a start and a new way to have community participation in something other than another dixie cup challenge.

Welcome all to what will hopefully be an interesting, entertaining and educational exercise in community cannabis cultivation.

I will be updating sometime today to introduce the current, original Jambalaya!

EDIT:

One word of caution on how seeds may exchange possession. For the obvious reason it need not be discussed in the open forum. When the time is right you shall learn about magical parking lots and unicorns.

2. Yes!! Can't wait to see how this goes! :metal:

3. #3 GSTM, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015

Awesome.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qMMVvS_mmqE

4. Subb'd up for sure! Pulling up a chair, six pack, and a packet of pollen, lol.....

5. Hell Yea ! This is gunna be epic !

6. #6 Hortila, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    Nice, I'm in on this and hopefully one day able to partake! Just wondering what pollen did you end up using? Your studly chemdog maybe?

Edit: read back in your journal and you made F3's!

7. Yeah I did that. Although they are f2. I mistakenly said f3. I also hit them with some jack herer pollen as well as pineapple jack f1. In the spirit of the jambalaya project I will probably pass one of those on and keep the f2's.

8. #8 GSTM, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    Lol.

[​IMG]

9. This sounds very interesting. I will definitely keep an eye on this and would love to participate down the road.

10. So here they are, my run of Jambalaya 1.0 codename "JambaCity" in honor of it's creation here in the midst of GC. Started 10, culled down to 6 during veg, 1 was male(and very stinky) the other 5 are ladies. 5 are fairly identical as far as smell and structure but vary in height slight. The other lady is a tall hazy pheno. Smells almost as if it were a Jack H.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 21 of 12/12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 29

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haze Pheno

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 47

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. It may just be me, but none of those pics came through

12. GC has been acting strange lately with pics. taking a long time to come up. They are there though as I can see them. I may start thinking of hosting my pics elsewhere. I don't normally like doing that because the chance of a broken link increases.

13. Ahh ok. Just wanted to give a heads up just in case it was messed up.

14. Nice pictorial! I can see them just fine???

15. There we go!!!!!

16. Nice work there Nug!

17. Here are a few shots of my Jambalaya 1.0

Harvested her a few months ago.

I trained the crap out of mine.....and I topped her 4 weeks into flower...plus I pollinated a few lower branches.....even after all that she turned out quite nice indeed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. I've been dreaming about the day I get to toke on this for over 3 months now lol. That just looks so greasy and delicious. 

19. If you think about, its kind of funny how we think these plants are so beautiful and pleasing to the eye. I would imagine people that breed something like roses would be thinking to themselves "wtf are these people looking at?" Lols.