Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do/would you let your kids smoke

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Stay_Frosty, Jan 31, 2015.

1. My dad never cared if I smoked in fact I smoke all the time with my uncles aunts and step mom since I was 14 but he hated my older brother so he couldn't and my mom didn't mind she only found my weed once when I was 13 and 15 minutes later she drove me over to my friends place where she knew we would be smoking I even joked around with her about it she would sarcastically say "it's against the law" and I'd say "when you catch me with 30 grams or more then we can talk about the law". So my question for you guys is do/would you let your kids smoke and if so then what would be your rules like never smoke and drive or keep good grades

<-Stay Frosty->

2. im not a parent. But if i ever were to become one, then most likely they would grow up in a society where pot is legal and it will be like, drinking a beer or something. I personally wouldn't mind. As long as grades are still a priority and it dosen't take up  a portion of their life big enough to affect them in sports or education, its not a problem. you know?

3. #3 Blu3Izzy, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    Not until they become of age, know right from wrong, and become MATURE adults with self control. I started smoking when I was 16, however that doesn't mean I'll let my kids start at that age.

However, if they were to start at that age as long as they are doing good in school and stay out of trouble I wouldn't mind.

4. I don't have any kids but if I ever do, I will make sure to tell them to smoke weed over drinking alcohol any day. 

5. I force my kids to smoke at least 2 joints before preschool. Have you ever seen what they do there? I don't know how you could deal with unless you were terrribly stoned.

By the way, I don't have any kids. It's a joke.

6. Yeah i agree :)

7. If I had kids, I'd let them do it in high school as long as they have their shit together. My parents were against me doing it in high school, and I wouldn't want to be like that.

8. I'm currently 18 and I started smoking when I was 15. That being said, I normally I wouldn't consider someone in my situation too much of a "seasoned stoner" but I've been educated on cannabis for far longer. And I've done my fair share of smoking bud, oil, dry sift, hash, etc. I know my shit for the most part is basically my point.

Anyways, now that that's out of the way, I know what it's like to keep it hidden and the process of stupidly lying even if my parents know what's going on, etc. I've been through all of the basics like a lot of us. From my personal experiences, it feels horrible to lie to my parents about anything. Lying just causes more trouble than good in the whole grand scheme of it all. I think that if my kids were too young I wouldn't freak out on them or smash or take their pipe(s) and other smoking items. But I would have a serious talk to them about it all. I would need them to be educated on the matter and know the pros, cons, and everything in between to decide whether they truly want to start smoking or not. But if they were like 13 I would probably take their stuff. But 15+ isn't too bad.

9. I wouldn't encourage it. But if my 13 year old could smoke blunts and get his shit done in school, fine by me. Would never let my kids drink or smoke cigs tho.

10. I wouldn't encourage it and if she didn't make an effort to at least keep it from me (just leaving her shit lying around) I'd probably take it and smoke it in front of her. I wouldn't go snooping though. Nor would I smoke with her until she's moved out on her own or at least finished school.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #11 BloodBooger, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    I started at 14.....toking, riding motorcycles, drinking cheap beer,wine and bourbon, having sex (year earlier at 13...and she was a year younger than me...and was the instigator )....I can't see "allowing" my kids to do ANY of that.....If, however I found a joint in my kids stuff, I'd probably snicker and keep mum about it so long as their academics were up to par or better. I was a hell raiser that never got caught....I have one of my kids just like me so I'll be watching him....but allow him some space to be what he will without being a total hypocrite. This parenting thing is such a heavy responsibility. .....

12. I'm only 20 and, since I commute and live with my parents, they obviously make the house rules. They have never been alright with it and probably never will. However, we've come a long way. They used to freak out and hated it because they didn't know much about it but, now that they've been enlightened, their only worry is with the law. They're worried that I'll get in trouble and get kicked out of my med program which I can understand. Hopefully when it's decriminalized here they will be a little more lenient.

That being said, assuming it will be decriminalized by the time I have kids, I wouldn't allow them to continue smoking if they were not getting good grades and keeping their important shit together. Some people can't handle the workload of college while smoking, but if they were to focus on school and not let the greenery get in the way, I would be fine with it. Also, I wouldn't be comfortable with them going on rides and risking getting into an accident because the bud.

Smoke up, lay down.

13. no, of course not.

14. I wouldn't let you smoke, you don't seem too clever with the 30 gram thing.
    I wouldn't allow my kids to smoke either, unless they had medical problems where I would happily consent to the use of it. I would have them set up the appointments and do the medical record parts.

15. I started smoking when I was 13, so it's a bit hypocritical on my part, but I'll call it hindsight. It's been pretty much proven that using marijuana before the brain is fully developed causes damage. After it is fully developed it doesn't. So I couldn't with a clear conscious let my kid smoke until there an adult, and then it's there choice.

16. Id rather my kids smoke weed rather than smoking anything else. With that being said I'm not going to force and or advertise anything to them.

17. dont want kids so no worries  :smoke:

18. I would not encourage it at all. I would want my kids to have a healthy fear/respect for the law. There are no two ways around it, the law can screw your life up if you're not being cautious of your activities. 

If you teach your kid to know about the repercussions of their actions then you've done all you can, the rest is up to them. It's not something a teen should be doing regularly anyway. I smoked my share, but the friends of mine who went overboard with it suffered socially, financially, educationally, etc. It wasn't the weed, it was the fact that partying became their high school priority.  

If a kid "rewards" themselves with a after school session, i hope they have the rest of their life in order.

19. There's an lot of posts from blades who are not "Seasoned" so I'll move it to Tokers Q & A.

20. #20 Dex‌, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    no

if they needed medical marijuana, it would be cbd and not smoked

i dont know why everyone is only concerned about grades and prioritizing time when it comes to weed because getting good grades is just a matter of doing the work, especially in public schools in america

nobody seems to want to address the fact that thc has been proven many times to be detrimental to the developing brain and shrinks grey matter with chronic use.