Massachusetts finally. But your not making it easy

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Northeastgrw, Jan 31, 2015.

1. #1 Northeastgrw, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    Not sure how many Ma members here but let me clear things up over massachusetts legalizing medical MJ. Hang in there. Here goes. A couple years back MJ was approved for medical use. All you had to do was get to medical MJ doc and get you RECOMENDATION. Not your license. This was a bit confusing to people. The reason is because they were still working on the actual REGULATIONS to support the law. So they left things very lax for a while. You were allowed 6 in veg and 6 in flower if you had the recomendation from the doctor.

Here where things changed. As soon as Ma came out with the REGULATIONS to support the law all doctor recomendations previously given out were completely null and void. No good. There was no notice to any patients. ( I found this out because I looked on the states medical marijuanna website wondering when dispensaries were going to open ). So they wanted everyone to be reexamined. This time I was given an identification number from the doctor. ( This goes to the state and now you just a number. ). Your given a bunch of paperwork. All just explaining the law and some forms you will need to fill out ( I'll explain this next ).

Now that you have your identification number your ready to register with the States Medical Marijuanna Program. Fill out the couple forms you were given. On one of those forms it gives you a list of things you need to register-Your I.D number. The forms you filled out. A Printer and a scanner. If you dont have these or do not have access to these things then you will be doing it by mail which will take FOREVER! If your not smart with computers you may have to get some help.
    Scan a copy of your drivers license or state I.D.and save it
    Scan the forms you filled out ( you should have put your state I.D on one of those forms )
    If you get any states assistance like health insurance,food stamps,welfare or any other state assistance scan a copy of one of those documents ( for example if you get states health insurance just scan copy of the insurance card). Then you upload all of that info you just scanned up into the states Medical Marijuana Program website as they ask for it. I will explain next why it's important to scan this stuff. ( If you do not get any state assistance then you don't need to worry about this. Just scan your I.D and the forms )

Here is where it gets even trickier. FOR YOU TO BE A LEGAL GROWER YOU NEED TO HAVE A HARDSHIP OR JUSTIFIED EXPENSE THAT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO AFFORD THE PRICES AT THE DISPENSARIES SO YOU NEED TO GROW YOUR OWN. You need to provide proof of this hardship and scan and upload it to the states Medical Marijuanna Program. Now one good thing is if you get state assistance of any kind then that is proof you have a hardship and you should have already scanned these things and loaded them up to the website. This basically is proof your broke!! Haha.
    IF YOU CANNOT PROVIDE PROOF OF A HARDSHIP THEN YOU CANNOT BE A LEGAL GROWER IN THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS!!!! In the states eyes you can afford to go to the dispensaries and PAY THOSE TAXES!!!!

You can also list someone as a caregiver helper. Now the regulations on what you are allowed to have---any number of plants you want either in flower or veg and clone. But no more than 10 ounces in 60 days. So basically they are considering 10 ounces to be a 60 day supply!! THEY DO NOT CARE HOW MANY PLANTS IT TAKES YOU TO GET THERE! But no more than 10 ounces in 60 days. Pretty generous if you ask me!!!!

So if you have not been back to the doc yet or you have not received an identification number then your recomendation is NFG!!
    Hopefully you have been back to the doc and got you medical number. Hopefully you have access to a computer. If not, you will be doing it by mail. It will actually tell you that it may take a very long time if done by mail. I was never notified of this and had to find out for myself.
    Good Luck everyone and good growing to ya!!!