Why humans are so advanced

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MudUp, Jan 31, 2015.

1. This is just an idea I don't know if someone has already posted or written about it but its just what I think of. OK so in the animal kingdom the way they work is that the strongest ones become the leaders and the strongest ones survive. Blah blah blah but for humans the smarter ones are the ones who are the leaders and are more likely to survive. The difference between human DNA and apes is 1% but that 1% may just be enough for us to change from strongest to smartest and that's why we are so much more developed and advanced than every other species. Just an idea dudes lemme know what you think :)

2. I think you're on to something.  We should kill off anyone smarter than ourselves and save our descendants from domination.

3. Every animal has that one special things that puts it above its prey and enemies. Some have speed, other weight, nails, shield. We have intelligence. Over time we started using our intelligence for things other than making tools and painting Picassos. It's all about time. Hundreds of thousands of years later here we are. We took it one step at a time.

4. Reading and writing are really the one ability that allows us to be where we are today.

The reason humans were able to make "civilization" is because they were able to store knowledge to be passed down to future generation.

Now all our knowledge is cumulative.

-yuri

5. I don't think that's entirely true.

Idk how "intelligence" is measured, but I'm sure some animals are smarter than us.

I think its more that we have a specific ability. Possible our frontal.lobe that allowed us to "control" our intelligence.

Perhaps our ability of foresight makes us seem smarter

-yuri

6. Our mind + our ability to create things

Like dolphins are supposedly really smart but I know that dolphins have no means to make a building or a gun

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. As others have said, there are other animals that are far more intelligent than we think...Like dolphins, which many are not aware of their intelligence and the size of parts of the brain responsible for higher level thinking actually being larger than humans'. This I known, though I personally believe they are smarter than almost anyone thinks.

And, 'so smart' is relative, imo. Sure, we're pretty much smarter than the animal kingdom. However, compared to other intelligent life in the universe, which could be millions of years ahead of us evolutionarily, we would be quite dumb and primitive indeed.

8. #8 -13 Amp-, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    Dolphins being so smart is more myth than fact...

Their intelligence is overated

9. advanced compared to what? the rest of the animals on earth? or the aliens that we don't know about?

10. In living with the dao there is no idea of advanced or not advanced. Only how well you live in accordance.

11. #11 Cawdswallup, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    Humans are the most adaptive and intelligent species on Earth.

Other than species from other planets, if you believe they're on Earth with us.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.