Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Were not Smoking Pot, Were smoking hybrids?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by drummerben04, Jan 30, 2015.

1. #1 drummerben04, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    In some interview I was watching Snoop Dogg said that weed back then used to have no THC in it and it was grown outside. He then mentions you'd still get high from it but nothing like the weed today. How did people get high if their was so little THC? He also goes on to say they called it pot and the stuff were smoking today is not pot. He's kind of right. Their is rarely any pure bred marijuana strains left. It's all highly isolated hybrids to contain crazy amounts of THC.

2. None of that is true.

3. #3 drummerben04, Jan 30, 2015
    Here's the video, Skip to 9:40. He refers to it as smoking straight grass, Colombian gold.

http://youtu.be/wBxK3WEtN8I

4. This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

5. Absurd.

Moron.

Why would say shit like that?

6. #6 CanadianOrganic, Jan 30, 2015
    LMFAO that is the dumbest thing they both have ever said
    Wow, Seth...
    And Snoop.."They called it pot"
    Good job.

7. I don't know if pot has gotten stronger in recent years, or if it's just a matter of the good stuff being more abundant.  I know that back when I first started smoking in the mid/late 90's most of what we could find was reg.  But there was the rare occasion where I got my hands on some serious hydroponic bud.  It wasn't often available to me, it was out there though.  I will admit that after my 12 year tolerance break from 2000-2012, I wasn't quite prepared for the potency of today's weed.  But after that long of a break I was almost a pot virgin again, and going straight into some modern day hydro (as opposed to having a tolerance like I did back when I got my hands on some hydro) probably had a lot to do with it.  I really thought the guy who sold it to me had dosed me with something.  

8. It is true because hydroponically grown weed has much higher thc, when lights and what not weren't around and they had to grow outside do you think they had like 25% THC? I tell you what, you grow a plant outside and try get it not to be lots of stems, and seeds and high THC...and they didn't have as many GM crops if ANY so you couldn't have amazing seeds, just schwag, reg seeds at best. So yeah they are right, meaning your posts are the stupidest things I've ever read. Good day :).
    And I've seen that interview before lol, search the one with the trailer park boys :)

9. Reading this thread just made my brain implode. Congratulations, I now have a fucking migraine from the stupidity. Mostly this last post above me. Basic breeding is not the same as "GM" and.. Well, I could keep going, but I would have to call a lot of people a lot of names. <_<

10. rekt.

11. lol

12. the reason cannabis has gotten stronger if at all is because of better growing practices better understanding of the plant and better information

13. Why even start a thread in honor of the idiot rapper?

14. #14 drummerben04, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    So we could say that better growing Practices have led to being able to create strains with higher amounts of THC. Kind of like how corn was created, selective breeding. Corn from 800 years ago was way smaller than today's corn. Nevermind genetic engineering.

15. I grow my weed outside and organically and it's just as dank as any indoor medical with not too many stems. Just a bit fluffier that's all.

16. Well you must be fucking talented :) And...
    ok, go on do as I suggested, grow weed outside and I guarantee it won't be as good as hydro. Because your basically saying outdoor is easily as good as indoor, why do you think everyone says bud is so much stronger nowadays? If it's no different (which this thread is about) why would everyone say it is so much stronger, and aa snoop dogg has smoked his whole life and a shit ton a day, since he was younger and he's like the icon of weed...don't you think he'd think before chatting about a load of shit he has no clue about?

17. I don't like snoop dogg but I don't dislike him. He must be doing something right otherwise he wouldn't make more in a year than most people will in their life...

18. Op doesn't assume everything is literal....smh

19. He has lyrical abilities, not great, but fans love him.

He s a big douche though. He lived in my town when I was growing up in high school, he was known as a douche.

Doesn't mean he knows the history of cannabis.