Doctors that want to become patients.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Fheyr13, Jan 30, 2015.

1. I have a few friends and family members who are doctors and some of them have expressed interest in getting their cards but lament that they cannot due to their dea licenses to keep and dispense controlled drugs. Is this the case? Are doctors allowed cards?

I have come up short on Google so I'm now asking here, hoping it's the correct section to post in. Please offer your knowledge and insights. Thanks.

2. no, doctors cannot prescribe themselves cannabis. another doctor possibly could but most likely not because of lost licensing issues.

3. I figured they cannot issue themselves a card. They'll have to go to the same people I did. The big question is, since they have dea licenses are they allowed to become cannabis patients?

4. If you are a medical health worker no you cannot even have it in your system. Its Been legal in Wa and or medically for years, but certain occupations will not tolerate it. I was in the healthcare industry, worked directly with patients. Could not touch it.