Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RIP to all the lost dabs on my carpet

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rhymesayers420, Jan 30, 2015.

1. anybody else struggle with this too?
    like sometimes I might hit the dabber against something and whoop there it goes or any number of reasons that end up with me dropping a dab on the carpet... forever lost to the carpet gods.

it really pisses me off. it's to the point where my wife can tell my reaction and just be like "you dropped your dab didn't you"

lol fuck.

2. I lost a $20 piece of shatter in my garden when I was tryin to get a dab off of it lol I was searching for like 15 minutes like a crackhead but no luck

3. ACCURATE.
    For a while when I first started smoking oil with my own rig and setup I would fling a dab off of the silicone container with my dabber on the edge trying to scrape it to the end of the dabber. Or I will straight up drop the open silicone container.

4. Try running a lighter over your dabber very quickly before 'slicing' into the shatter. Should be like a warm knife through butter.

5. I just use my fingers to break dabs off, helps with not losing the oil. But the comming off the dabber is a fucker lol. But luckily I have only lost 1 dab to the floor/carpet. I am normally able to just bend down and pick it up off the floor.

6. Luckily I have wooden floors so dabs dont get stuck and are pretty easy to find using my Iphones flashlight. I completely feel your pain though man, I have some Rump wax right now and it is so so so shattery that it automatically just flies when any pressure is applied. I just break it with my fingers and dunk it or stick it on the dabber with my fingers. The warm dabber sounds like a good idea too!! im gonna try that

7. #7 Blu3B3rryKush, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    Yea I do this to... But now I wash my hands and carefully break up chunks as I want them

Also... Linoleum floors so it's generally recovered quickly
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. a lot of the time when I am dabbing with people unfamiliar with the process, I'll give them the general run-down, etc etc. and tell them very explicitly not to put the wax down the hole in the nail. sure enough, a good 60% of the time they score a hole-in-one and waste the dab. I feel obligated to give them another, cause like, they're new to it and I don't want their impression of dabs to be skewed for the worse...but still, I just don't get it. 

like someone said try heating your dab tool just a tad before getting it ready. don't get it too hot though, otherwise you'll end up making a mess. even the glassiest shatter will be easy to cut right through. sometimes what I do is like, cut the shatter using the heated up tool (I use a spade shaped one), then stab the pointy end into the center when its still slightly lukewarm. works for me, I rarely lose dabs to the floor

9. haha these responses are hilarious... it sucks because my carpet is a golden brown color so unless its a fat dab it's hard to find like immediately upon dropping.

sometimes I just concede to my clumsiness and pop another one on the dabber and not waste the energy to stress about it.

10. #10 grape, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    yeah I always grind up my last .5-1g of bud and take my bottom chamber out of my grinder and set it on my desk. I always forget about it then somehow end up knocking it on to the carpet. so fucking annoying

Skate.

11. If you're quick throw on your flashlight on your fancy phone and check for that telltale glare of a delicious golden droplet of errl hopefully it didnt attach itself too firmly to whatever it fell on. Ive saved lots of dabs from carpet and just picked out one lil hair lol.

12. I know the feeling....I was just talking about it with my buddy the other day.  If I had a dollar for every dab I dropped..... =(