This while world is fucked

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RowanWinters, Jan 29, 2015.

1. yea sometimes its hard to tell what you are responding to without quotes especially if you are responding to the op several pages in

-yuri

Yesterday I got into a huge argument with my parents and decided to leave for a while. I went to Copenhagen to visit one of the most successful anarchist communities in the world - Christiania.

I smoked weed. Listened to some bands play their shitty music too loud. Walked around town. Ate a burger.
    And around 2 am I decided to head home.

Now here's the thing, earlier that day a man, described as an Islamic extremist, killed a man and shot two cops during a freedom of speech thing in the same city. Then while I was heading back home on the subway to the airport (where the train leaves the country) same dude kills another person at a synagogue and shoots yet another two cops.

So the city was virtually in a shut down. The media told everyone to stay home. Several parts of the city were blocked off. It was a wonder I made it as far as I did.

I buy my ticket and head to the train, right when we were about to board four cops wielding submachine guns come running down and scream at the crowd to get away from the train and back up against the wall.

Out of a crowd of about fifty people only two complied. Myself and a guy who works for the train company. Everyone else either stood still, walked back to a pillar or sat on the benches (people are fucking idiots).

So here's my point. In an anarchist society would you be able to get all of the different companies handling security to co-operate as well as one entity would, in this case the PD, during i.e. a terrorist attack.

And if people don't listen to cops carrying automatic weaponry in a stable society how do you expect them to do anything unselfish in a society where they're deemed "completely free".

They didn't find the guy on the train but they found him in a different neighborhood and killed him.

I would totally see anarchism working in small communities. More than 5,000 people and I think it would only be a matter of time before mayhem erupts. Could be a group of people who believe they're entitled to more. Or one group suspicious of its counterpart.

You'd need a completely homogenous community to assure co-operation and peace.

But even then you only need one malevolent narcissist to take control of a population.

It goes without saying that I didn't watch your links. They're a bit long. I'm gonna try to find a documentary about anarchism to watch. But tbh I don't think it'll be too convincing cause you can justify just about anything whether it be communism, nazism, fascism etc. Doesn't mean it'll work in real life.

From what I've understood in these debates the biggest issue anarchists see with gov. is money. People don't like the expenditure and they don't like being told what to do.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/content.view/cpid/42#.VN4XYC5GbgA

3. #63 *ColtClassic*, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015

This is the inherent structural flaw in the centralized system we have today - It assumes that one system can be applied uniformly to a vast population and provide a net benefit to its participants.

The reason why anarchism or voluntarysim would work is because of its competing systems that provide real check-and-balances and give participants a greater spectrum of choice/opportunity.

I'm happy you responded to my post, and I agree that cross-department communication would be difficult in a competitive environment with more than one security force - it would be interesting to see how that would play out.

If you can watch just one video out of the ones I provided in my response, then watch this one:

http://youtu.be/hjJbZllETz8

4. #64 Deleted member 839659, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

Saw the vid. I have to say anarchism is sort of growing on me. I'm still more pro-government because of the security and guaranteed development it offers but I can see an anarchist society thriving and prospering as well. It goes without saying that I don't know enough about this ideology but I'm gonna keep reading about it.

5. well. What you are struggling with is the false premise that the services provided by government must be paid for by theft

-yuri

Lol you wanna play the repetitive game? You call it theft, I call it fee. Taxes built our societies and it's only fair that taxes keep developing our societies. If you don't want to pay taxes then you should leave society.

7. Keep researching anarchist theory man. It will do you some good and hopefully get rid of that line of twisted thinking. You might have to go through a period of uncomfortable cognitive dissidence but if you see the light on the other side it will be well worth it. Of course it can be frustrating to see the light and become an anarchist and still be forced to live in this violent society ruled by the state. I wish you the best of luck.

8. you still misunderstand

I never said I don't want to pay for all this stuff

-yuri

My bad.

Glad to see you gave my input/perspective some consideration.

If you feel a continuing interest, check out some of the other videos I posted.

See you around, blade.

That I will do. Thanks.

12. #72 burnabowl288, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    I don't think she's talking about the fact she doesn't want to work. She means that the entire system is corrupt from the bottom up so that the 1% can keep getting richer while us normal folk continue to collect debt. I don't look at capitalism as being slavery, I look at it as being more like feudalism with benefits. Life is not meant to be lived sitting in front of a computer crunching numbers 8 hours a day so that you can pay for the house you're never in and the family you never get to see. Sadly in a money-hungry society in which success is only equal to monetary worth, people will spend their whole lives chasing after superficial items that bring momentary happiness. I only read half of the first page so I apologize if this has already been said a thousand times

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I'm from north west Europe, and we are definitely complaining about it here

Survival of the fittest?

Yeah adapt to the modern world. One of the ways you do this is by figuring out how to aquire tons of money easily, thus allowing you to bawl and floss errday

15. As a younger person I'd see it as my duty to help the older generation. It was them who fed me, educated me, nursed me back to health when I was ill. I'd be far more willing to share my income with people who had actually helped me in the past, rather than a government who doesn't even know my name.

Christiana? In Denmark? I've visited there, it sends pretty cool, but you're right, I wouldn't currently live there, but it shows we won't perish or dissolve into chaos without taxes, with more development and support, who knows what could happen?

I'm not talking about just the US tho, I'm from Europe and our government is fucked too.

16. just because it's not as bad as it was in the past, doesn't man it's not bad. We've had hundreds of years to develop since then, our minds are more advanced, which is exactly my point.

We don't NEED a government or ruling power anymore. We are perfectly capable of surviving on our own, and yet we deny this fact, because for our whole life we've been taught to respect authority, not challenge it. To just accept the world, rather than change it. And I disagree fully with this. If something is wrong or corrupt, then I can't see anything else to do but change it.

THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WORK.

Harsh reality, I know, but how many public apologies have their been? How many shocking stories have been uncovered? These men are not Gods, they have no right to Lord over us in the way they do. To them, government is the ultimate business because they are a law unto themselves, and it's disgusting.

Last year, the MPs here got a 9% salary increase. And they then refused a 1% increase for midwives. These people need a reality check.

Any taxes which are generated should be poured back into society, to help the people who live here. But a third of the children in my city live in poverty, and we just found out our health service is being privatised. So where is the money going? Three guesses.

17. I visited the Federal Reserve in NY when I was there, and our tour guide got it so right. She said "The dollar used to be worth gold, you used to be able to trade them here for gold. Today you can't do that, it's not worth gold, when you see the worth of money changing, it's because of the people's faith in it is changing".

Money is just pieces of paper, or numbers a screen, is it really worth all this spilled blood?

18. #78 RowanWinters, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    We still have to pay for everything, but why does the government get a cut on what we earn, what we buy, where we live, how much water we use? Do the help you when you're slaving away in work? No. Do they make the food you're buying? No. Do they even know your name? Of course not. So why the hell do they get so much of your money? We just wanna cut out the petiole who steal, who do nothing but get us into more shit. Literally, you'll never know how exactly your money was spent, but those in power sure do have an awful lot of nice cars/houses/suits.

19. Of course, this is the story told by the people who have stolen, monopolized and counterfeit the money supply. Money is NOT just a piece of paper, or numbers on a screen. It is a commodity, the most easily traded, stored and devide commodity. It represents your time spent. Spend your time being lazy and get nothing for your efforts. Produce for yourself and trade the excess for other needed commodities. People have absolutely no clue what money is and how it developed out of trade and barter. And that is exactly what they want, it lets them say things like
    "The dollar used to be worth something (gold) but now its not. And this is because the people's faith (perception) is changing."

20. #80 The real spliff shady, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    it's cuz people are fucking lazy of course we can survive, but no one want to kill their own chickens. People don't wana think it have to learn. They are happy doing the same menial task that they know how to do and pay for whatever else. Honestly I'm comfortable now in a warm robe and the heater on sitting on my couch with a blunt in front of the TV with a guy upstairs building a couch I got from ikea. I agree though that we can achieve this level of comfort without the government taking our money.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum