This while world is fucked

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RowanWinters, Jan 29, 2015.

1. We've never had so much freedom. Do…go..wherever you like, nobody's stopping you. Go help in Africa just now…they need plenty aid. Go volunteer at the food banks in your own city, or at the homeless shelters. They need help just now. Go help the 33% of children in poverty.

Oh you'd rather just talk about it? Nae bother. 

2. Tbh man, you don't know what I do in the world. You have no idea wither or not I volunteer all the time, or never. You dunno if I've done crazy things to raise money, or wither I have been to Africa and the likes. You have no idea, and it's none of your business. If there's one thing I can't stand it's people bragging about how much they do to help others. You shouldn't do it for the applause, you should do it because you care.

3. I can understand your anger. Unfortunately, you have to take that anger and use it to help push you to break the system. You don't HAVE to work a job you dislike.

I got certified in pharmacy. I worked there for a year and guess what? I QUIT. Pharmacy is sinister and no way was I going to harm people just for money.

I make more money now lol making things and selling them. Because I can cook, sew my ass off, crochet, and build. I am a year short of opening my own shop. :)

Don't ever think you are stuck. I personally believe that is what this part of society wants. This is just from my life. I don't know how old you are but when I was 18 I sounded like you.

Don't be so angry, you have to find a way to be happy. You don't have to follow anything.

4. Everyone is stuck really. We all have obligations and weak spots that stop us rebelling fully, ie; family, fear of the unknown, fear of the future. Well done on doing what you love, and making it by your own standards, it's rare to have that here, congrats :)

5. Maybe yes... Everyone can be stuck... but at the same time everyone can do what they want if you are smart enough to figure it out.

Thank you, but it isn't as rare as you might think.

6. #26 RowanWinters, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    Not really. If I wanted to stay near my family, but become a weed grower, that wouldn't be 'allowed'. If it was genuinely my passion to grow the dopest dope you ever smoked right here in my home country, I would be put in jail, and fined even more money.

If I wanted to move abroad, say to America after that happened, I would be refused entry for, effectively, excessive gardening. What about that is fair at all? I can either choose between staying with my family, or leaving the ones I love to follow my passion, because someone who has never meet me says I can't do that.

If I owned a booze store here and sold alcohol after 10pm, I'd get punished. If I sold it before 10am (12pm on sundays), I'd also get punished. Usually by means of taking more of my money, wither I have it or not is of no concern. My financial troubles would be of no concern. If I had a sick child, they wouldn't care. Because I'd have broken one pointless rule in the sea of many, and they can make money from that.

The government is little more than the ultimate business for those at the top. No man should possess such power, it obviously goes to their head.

7. Well thats how the world works, if people didn't focus on making a living, working everyday think about how the world really be; Life could still be full of laughter and experiences its doesn't mean we have to stop trying to make good living to see life's beauty.

Must adapt my friend.

9. Change the world or die trying

10. #30 Mahakali 420, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    You  havent seen the whole world but you know its ALL fucked? How do you know my house isnt sweet as fuck?

Edit: Also if youre the type of person who posts this kind of bullshit on a weed forum you arent gonna change the world in any capacity lol

That's what I implied in an earlier post ...

12. if you do what you love for living then money is not an issue.

and most of what you've said in the OP is really a non-issue either. life is not just about laughter it also about progress and creation and discovery. and you don't have to profit from any of the above, if you chose not to.
    can always plant a tree, or write software for open-source project or donate a work of art to a museum. 

complaining creates resistance to what the world has to offer. your mind is painting this grim picture of things, in reality preventing you from experiencing what truly is. 

13. attention seeking behavior :D

-yuri

14. #34 *ColtClassic*, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015

In theory it does protect its tax cattle, but I think the world you are looking for here is exploit.

If the government is really supposed to protect then it is inherently contradictory in its intention and its function.

But you and I both know that its real purpose is not to protect, but to rule over those it claims to protect.

"This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector."

– Plato

“The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government, which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation… The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both parties, … and control the majority of the newspapers and magazines in this country. They use the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of office public officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government. It operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.” 

- New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, New York Times, March 26, 1922

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”

- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, An Autobiography, 1913 ( Appendix B )

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.”

– John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832) and U.S. Senator, from a speech given on May 27, 1836

Government is a wealth redistribution scheme backed by a monopoly of force, monopoly of law creation, and monopoly of money creation.

15. I agree, but in order to get there we have to ween these overprivileged uptight egotistical assholes out of existence. The key is to overpopulate with cool people while these rich people pop pills take vaccines and become impotent. Soon the american economy is gunna go bust and these little smug wads with their noses lifted up and their eyes closed to the truth will be begging us for a carrot and to teach them how to hunt.

16. are they in canada now?

17. the idea that taxes are "necessary" to build society is in no way based in reality.

You have no evidence supporting this belief. You have been brainwashed by government propoganda to think their way is the only way

-yuri

18. Does the world ever change?

When I look outside, I see the same world that has always been there.

The same higherarchy. The same society structure. The same life.

We have renamed our leaders from barons and kings to CEOs and presidents. We have changed the specific way our rulers function. But in the end its practically the same.

A king, a president, a dictator, a Congress. Its all just faceless leadership.

The only thing that has changed is our technology. Technology raises the entire society up.

I am a serf. A slave. But thanks to technology I am a well treated free range Slave.

-yuri

What else is supposed to fund schools, hospitals, security etc.

The countries that hold the highest standards of living and have high citizen happiness just so happen to be the countries that run on tax money.

I'm looking at it from a western/northern European perspective. Virtually nobody is complaining about taxes here.

20. I don't understand the question.

"How else can we find the things we need without stealing the money?"

Like I said. You are closed minded. You've been brainwashed.

Instead of spoon feeding you ill ask a simple question. Do you steal money to pay your rent?

"Who will pick the cotton?"
    "It doesn't matter slavery is wrong."
    Source?
    Orly?

Surrounding yourself with those of similar views is closure. You assume no one is complaining because you are surrounded only by like minded people.

Also the idea that taxes are necessary is heavily engraved in out culture. So of coarse most people think they are necessary. Its called brainwashing

-yuri