Is this anything to worry about?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by vapeclouds, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Hi everyone!

My first post here and I'm in need of some advice. I've been reasearching for the past day and can't find a definitive cause to a problem with one of my plants. I've been leaning towards a nute lockout or heat/dry stress.

I'm really not sure if I should worry about it or not.. I may just be panicing. I just want to keep on top of things before they potentially get worse.

It only appeared yesterday after leaving the plants for a few days on their own. What do you guys think? Should I just give her a good helping of plain water next feed?

I've added some pictures.. All are of the SLH except the plant with the burnt tips which is strawberry cough.
    Also worth mentioning that it's only on the mid level leaves, and the rest of the plant looks otherwise healthy.

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    Soil
    What brand and type of soil?
    Plant Magic
    Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors
    What strain?
    Greenhouse Seeds - Super Lemon Haze
    How old are the plants?
    Week 5 from seed
    Currently in week 1 of 12/12 schedule
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    SIngle 600W MH - with cooled hood
    How far from the lights?
    When I spotted them and took the pictures they were quite close - around 8 inches away.
    Have repositioned to around 16 inches now.
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    Roughly every 4-6 days, using tap water.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    Oldtimer Organic Grow 5-3-3, 0.5-1ml/L
    Plus Plant Magic: Bio Silicon; Catalyst; Root Stim - all at 1/4 dose
    Feeding every watering. Last watering was 4 days ago.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    Runoff PH is 6.8 - 7.0
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    Temps are 17.5c (63f) low at night, 27c (81f) high, 23c avg.
    Humidity is 40% - 50%.
    What size pots?
    10L (2.6 gallon) pots
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    No bugs!

Thanks,
    vapeclouds

Attached Files:

2. Take a picture of your soil and post it. It is a guess at this point but you might be overwatering and/or over-feeding. Soggy soil will lockout nutrients just like a pH fluctuation. I would wait until the soil is almost completely dry and then give it a good flushing with plain dechlorinated water. Those pots might be a bit too small as well - root-bound possibly.

If you want to grow the best organics learn to make and use ACT (AACT) -(Actively) Aerated Compost Tea. They help keep the soil thriving and in proper pH.

3. Thanks for the response, I really appreciate the knowledge.

You're correct, the soil was wet and I had noticed she'd perhaps not lost as much weight when lifting her up, so wasn't absorbing water like normal. Today the soil is looking drier on top and she's lost a little weight in the pots too. Overall they're looking healthy and the issue doesn't seem to have spread any further.

I've adjusted my watering habits to ensure they're less soaked from here on. I'll follow your advice with the flush when she's nice and dry. I'll also try and grab some 15L pots from my local hydro store. What's your opinion on run-off at each water/feed? I'm currently going for around 20%, is this excessive?
    I'm checking ACT out now and it looks very interesting. Definitely something I'd like to try out!