Using diapers in your soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mop420head, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Incorporating human waste into your soil is not a good idea for beginners, especially indoors.

2. In principle, urine is a good source of nitrogen and the absorbent crystals in the nappy could improve water retention like jelly stuff you can get for bedding plants in containers.  However the urine really needs a chance to be broken down by microbes so really it needs composting.

So you can see how people could jump from possibly parts of a diaper is compostable (this is questionable), to oh I heard they were good I'll use it in my soil mix.

Curiously, when people really argue about how awful MiracleGro is it usually comes out that the parent company "is evil and they use human waste in the fertiliser look it up!!" like it's so abhorrent, but then people realise that urea is a source of nitrogen and they're desperate to piss straight in their plant pots and don't think that's going to be a problem at all.

3. Why in the world would you want to cram diapers in your grow???
    Cannabis has grown for thousands of years without the help of diapers and beer piss..
    Let me ask you this..if you were to be successful, what would you call your product?
    Huggies OG? Maybe purple pampers..
    Stick to the basics, do your reseach..good media, good nutes, good water, the right light and conditions, and you will have some decent product. Growing with hear say and rumors will keep you here asking for help.

4. you sound kind of hypocritical since cannibas didn't have fox farm thousands of years ago. It was a question brah, there is constantly new findings and techniques with growing. And it would be whatever that strain is duh! You don't change the name of your bud based on what nutes you use. Think before you type buddy.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

5. He was making fun of you man, went right over your head with the name thing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Says the 19yo who knows everything...I have more years smoking then most of you here have been on the planet. you get out of your grow by what you put into it...
    You wanna put shit in your grow..put worm shit in it (aka worm castings). Diapers I don't think so, not in my grow, how about you brah? Mophead...
    And btw..fox farms soil ingredients have been around for MILLIONS of years, (ff) simply harvest, combine, and bag and sell soil. Anyone can generate their own sustainable organic media material without(and extremely more effective, in my opinion,) adding diapers and/or the crap there in.

7. lol 19? Ok pretty hard to be a combat veteran at 19, but I guess it's possible. So you must be a real cool guy trolling the beginner forum to talk shit. Never said I had a ton of experience growing so get down from your pedestal and stop being a douche. Want to help out new growers than do it, want to be an asshole, go be an asshole in real life where someone can do something about it. Fucking bad ass keyboard warrior you are.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

8. That is what I have found with alot of Q's on here by guys/gals growing on rumors...
    Went I start my grow, I researched for close to a year, and in that time I built my grow box, and test ran it many times before I put anything in there. Once I knew how to control temp, humidity, ph, water, feed, training, more research, continually researching, then I got some clones, germ'ed a seed, and here are my results... (no diapers were used in this grow)
    AND, I'm not in here asking grow questions..
    Sorry if I pissed in anyone's corn flakes...
    Oh, one last thing, would you eat food that was grown using diapers??? Anybodu??? I certainly don't want to smoke diaper flavored bud.
    I'm done.
    Peace out..

9. Sorry here's the pic as of today, day 29..
    It's about common sense people. I was a combat at 19...

Attached Files:

10. I did a shit ton of research and successfully harvested my first grow. It's not a lot, but I'm not some idiot who just wants to throw a bunch of shit together. I'm trying to expand my knowledge and grow better quality now that I can get a plant to harvest. It's ok man, just not everyone knows as much as you and it's up to you how you want to share that knowledge. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422575745.925675.jpg
    Anyways here's a bud shot to squash beef. Some auto GDP, at 8 weeks right now.

11. I'm not here to criticize, I'm here to help too, but idiotic questions like that should be one of, "if it sounds hokie to me, do I really need to ask the question ". If I really wanted to know for sure I would research, instead of opening myself to ridicule...
    I think questions like, how would rain water affect my indoor grow?
    Your grow looks great, would you seriously use a shit filled diaper in your grow??? It's kinda like the cinnamon challenge, it was a big fad, everyone had to try it, and dispite the idiocy of the whole thing, people were shocked when they nearly choke to death...

12. Last thing on diapers...
    Everyone knows, especially dudes can't touch a dirty diaper!!

13. using diapers is actually something growers do because the absorbent material is non toxic, cheap, and holds about 100 times its weight in water. It sounds ridiculous, but it is a real thing. I'm sorry you never heard of it, but do a google search and you will see it come up. Like I said a lot of people use guano, including the big nute companies. We don't do it to make or mj taste like bat shit do we? There was a little thought that went into this question.

The thing is, urine is sterile. In a normal healthy person it doesn't carry any kind of diseases. Feces on the other hand, not so much.

15. Using a new diaper vs. A filled one ( the original question)is a different pony, and it's not so much about the diaper per se, but the absorbent used in it...
    Had the question read, "I hear that growers are using the gel beads in new diapers as a water retention material..." instead it was a have a newborn, can I use his diapers as fertilizer. ..

16. I don't care if they find out human shit & piss will quadruple yield, exlopode the THC levels, and step in up to a new level of dankness....I will never take a squat on my plants...for some reason composted animal poo just seems more O.K., for lack of a better term.

17. been raising 2 kids on my own. Bitch ass mother took a hike right from the hospital when the last one was born, 6 years ago. I agree dudes can't change diapers, but me and plenty of other men can.