Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Bluntzilla420, Jan 29, 2015.

1. What a horrible reveal. 0 fucking gameplay but they pushed a fuck ton of DLC. I'll buy it all but goddammit I hate EA.

2. Looks amazing. I have little faith in DICE Stockholm after BF4 launch though, about a year after launch it took DICE LA to come clean their shit up. They always have been ambitious but they often fail to execute where it matters most and that is the core gameplay. They need to put more thought into map design, weapon balance, general game mechanics, etc. otherwise this will just be another promising title that fails to meet its potential. 

I have no doubt it will sell well though. They always do great work with their trailers.

3. yea that made mme mad too.

How do you advertise a game with cinematics only?

-yuri

4. Gameplay or not..that trailer got me hyped.

Trying to manage my expectations because it's Dice and EA... But I'm really hoping this game doesn't turn out to be BF4 with a Star Wars skin. I've heard already that 1st and 3rd person viewpoints will be available, split screen is included, and there is no 3d spotting. If that is true, it's sounding good! I hope they keep to the classic battlefront recipe. Local multiplayer vs AI, galactic conquest, etc.

Fuck I'm excited. I'm such a Star Wars nerd man. The thought of calling a Y wing strike down on some AT-STs gives me a massive nerd boner.

5. Been waiting since battlefront on ps2

6. #26 burned one, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    No space combat...

7. I'll buy it just because it's star wars

8. While I think this will probably be good, this is a shit move. I am so tired of movie trailers being passed off as game trailers. This reminds me of the Order 1886 reveal trailer. Everyone was like "oh my god it looks amazing!" Fuckin how?! You don't even know if it's first or third person, or even anything about the fucking game at all! Then it turned out to be complete shit. Let your gameplay sell the game. If it's not good then don't make the fucking game. I know developers know if a game is good or bad while they're making it.

It's always been "Battlefield with a Star Wars skin" though. Battlefield 2 and Battlefront 2 came out the same year and were incredibly similar.

10. Apparently no space combat....

Except if you get the Deluxe Pre-Order Exclusive Edition Season Pass $ 240 bundle..............................................

I have no faith in EA.

11. Well, sort of. The games are similar but what I mean by "BF4 with a Star Wars skin" is if they were to include all the game mechanics that battlefield has: spotting, suppression, etc.

I just want a fun game not filled with bullshit gadgets and gimmicky shit. Stuff like that just makes battlefield 4 incredibly frustrating sometimes.

12. ???

I like all those gadgets

To me they add complexity to the game. Its much better than old style fps like unreal.tournament where you literally just run around and shoot people

-yuri

13. You like the UCAV, active radar missiles, hvm launcher?

I agree with what you're saying but I feel they took it a bit overboard with bf4. Too much complexity and the game just turns into a clusterfuck, imo.

14. #34 yurigadaisukida, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    I do like those thing, balance issues aside
    To each their own i guess. I feel the opposite way. Which is why I hated titanfall. It was too simple and straight forward

-yuri

15. I feel you. Titanfall was kinda boring for sure. BF4 just felt kinda bloated to me, I.e. they had too much stuff going on to properly balance everything out. Not to say that it was a bad game by any means. I've played the shit out of it on PC and PS4.

16. Ehh. EA gon ruin it

17. #37 JohnnyBravo, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    I'm DEFENITELY buying the game. As a kid, i used to always play Battlefront 1 and 2, so matter of fact, it's my favorite game of all time.

EA keeps showing trailers that contain no actual gameplay; it's all cut scenes and what not. That has made people on forums (like us) hesitant about how the gameplay will work in the game. IDK, it's a must buy for me on PS4. It's the year of Star Wars with the game and the film.

19. Can you read? All of the footage in the trailer is IN ENGINE footage, no CGI whatsoever. All of it was real gameplay, just from a theater mode type of perspective. 

Dude everything in the video was in engine gameplay from a viewers perspective. No CGI was involved in the video it's all real gameplay.

20. Soooo many people are bashing this game with little reason. Announcement 1.) The trailer for Battlefront contains no CGI, no cutscenes. Everything you see in the trailer is in engine gameplay from a different perspective. 2.) Space combat has already been confirmed, with space to ground combat as well, so don't worry about that. 3.) Yes it's EA, something to always be wary of but if you don't like EA then don't bitch about their work? Simple as that guys, yeah nobody likes how they make tons of expensive DLC and often come out with unfinished games, but that's simply how they have to operate to stay in business while being a strong competitor in the market. Most games nowadays are released with lots of glitches and are unfinished because developers no longer pay beta testers to assist in development testing. I'm still stoked for Battlefront no matter what, I might wait a few months to buy it so they can fix all of the bugs first.