How to pick a perfect bowl/slider?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mightyliang, Jan 29, 2015.

1. So the bong that I bought came with its own bowl/slider. However, instead of having 1 hole in the center, there's actually 4 holes. Imagine the letter "X" inside the bowl/slider, which makes 4 small little holes. Needless to say, whenever I use my bong, weed just falls down. So I'm looking to get a new bowl/slider.

Anyone know why there's such a huge price range for bowls/sliders? For example, some are like $20, some are $50. But they are both glass and everything else seems to not affect how you smoke, so why do some cost more and some cost less? What characteristics of a bowl/slider makes it "good" and what makes it "bad"? Links to any "good" bowls/sliders would be appreciated!

2. the price range is "mass made" versus "hand made" or "hand detailed" 

as far as a bowl slide its a personal opinion some like a .5g capacity while others like the capacity to do a snap. so in the end its what looks good to your taste

3. Make sure to get the right size (14mm vs 18mm). The built-in slide you're referring to is generally preferred and is really considered a feature because it should keep less from getting sucked through. They don't work as well for snappers though. Aside from that, it's largely aesthetics and overall glass quality as reod pointed out above.