How we could successfully live in a world without money

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by cannabisrevolution, Jan 29, 2015.

1. You're idea is literally what money is. A solid item to prove you put in work to society to get items. What you want is a free education system. Which I am ALL about.

2. #22 waterbottledoorstop, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    IMO it sounds like communism

3. Barter system

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. I would like to make a community of money less people . An the communities payment system is built upon doing manual labor for different things like food and clothes and that labor system is based off for making the community nicer and more livable.

*👌💨😆*

5. were everyone to all of a sudden have no money collectively, they would then know themselves for the first time not placing their knowing onto a monetary value as placed on them via a money label.
    how it is now you think if you have millions of dollars you have millions of self wealth but your self value is set by your actions and intent not an outside valuing system that can be accumulated or depleted at will.
    your self value remains constant and only fluctuates with how you choose to see yourself at any moment as per your judged actions.

also money is just something everyone agrees to place value on, we could agree to place value on anything and use it for currency. your efforts and energy are the only true wealth you can tap into and share with others for/as value. anything else other than self value is false value with nothing to back it for real

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. i reckon it could work. if the governments spent more of the billions on making robots to do the shtty jobs like construction or cleaning, people would go do what they want to do. although there wouldnt be the 'need' to do a job, so if you begun to get stressed with whatever you were doing i.e a doctor you could just pack your bags and leave it, which would happen alot and mean people would always be changing or not doing anything.

the problem is, modern humans are centered around greed. literally, if we didnt have the 'ill take what i want' mentality, and we all worked together for the greater good without the selfishness, who knows where we could be. by now we could have invented forms of space travel and could be currently on our way to an earth-like planet somewhere trillions of miles away in this spiral of stars, planets, gas debri and dust called 'the milky way'

7. I think it is not possible. Even, in todays harsh world, life without money is impossible. Due to lack of money and lack of food people are facing the problem of poverty, which leads them to the problem of malnutrition. I have seen many people during volunteering program who are suffering from the serious problem of poverty which makes me sad. Volunteering gives you a different experience while connecting with the different people around the world. Discover more online about the serious problem of poverty.