Teen killed attempting to run over officer in stolen vehicle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by loopster, Jan 28, 2015.

There are in fact very few true racists on GC :D

Lots of people these days don't know what racism actually is.

2. #22 jas43, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Tell me more about what I think and why I use the words I use.
    I'm sure it'll be just as adorable.

And acting hard?
    What?

Like calling people out that you disagree with on the fucking Internet?

It's funny how often you get accused of being racist, considering I've never seen you write one legitimately racist thing.

4. Well being a white guy, that's clearly the only possible reason that id dislike someone or their actions.
    Duh

5. oh jesus here we go

Black on black crime is about 10000x more likely than white on black crime. This is not my opinion this is data collected over 75+ years from the FBI.

6. which is why they are "reviewing their policy on shooting at moving vehicles"

Fact is, its the cops word and nothing more.

Hate to say it but the cop is innocent until proven guilty.

-yuri

7. yeah you go head and become a cop and take yourself to that higher level. 

Go out and let someone in a stolen car run you over. Maybe you will be crippled for life. But it's ok, you can tell yourself you are on a "higher level" than others.

8. #28 Uncle_Meat420, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015

How are they low key racists? You're just calling people you don't agree with racist.  Was the girl black or something?

9. Shit!
    ...quite the outcry for a dead thief?
    ...fact is if you make any armed human fearful or jumpy (YOU MIGHT GET SHOT) her intent does not matter now( i.e. said thief is dead )

10. she must've been if she was white nobody would care it isn't popular to be a white person we arnt "in style"
    Many white kids are jumped by ethnic kids everyday all across the country nobody bats an eye but pay one black thief in lead n they all pissy

11. She was actually Hispanic

12. There's a pic of her in the op.  She's a gay Latina.

I'd bet the cop that was hit did exactly that, stepped in front of the car in a bold attempt to block its path.  That's how cops set up the "using a car as a weapon" scenario.  Get in front of the car then if the car moves shoot the driver for trying to run them over.

13. First of all i made sure to point out that it was almost impossible thats what sets apart the good cops from the great ones. You are still thinking with bias and when you are a cop you need to do everything you can to not think in a bias manner.

Secondly the cop was not crippled the cop is not dead so stop being some high and mighty asshole and instead of looking at the actual situation you create a totally false situation to support and justify your views.

This is the problem we have today, no one can look at a situation at absolutely every angle and the people who should be able to are the people who are not involved but it seems like all of society is very happy being lazy and looking at everything face value.
    Face value of the situation was some stupid group of teens stole a car and tried to "run over" a police officer. So the police officer responded accordingly because his life was in danger. (questionable danger if you ask me)

Looking at the greater picture you can make some very fast assumptions. Why is it that the cop was so ok that there is nothing in the news about how hes going to need years to recover or he is in serious pain thats because he was fine. Ok so right there you question the legitimacy of the claim they tried to run them over.(its not hard to drive a car and certainly not hard to run someone over) So then my next question is why did she need to die well according to them they felt like there lives were in danger which i could sympathize with but have to ultimately disregard due to the fact that the REASON they fired was due to the attempted hit an run now if this is the case remember that the police officer is ok and the girl was shot multiple times. Multiple shot says two things, either that he was scared or that he was angry either way when you wield a gun and you point that gun at another persons life  you better know why you are pulling the trigger and that you are not pulling it from a place of emotion.

I guess again i will repeat myself, I feel like why im so against the police on this one is due to all the other police shootings going on in quick succession. Cops are indirectly being told its ok to gun someone down as long as you claim self defense or you claim whatever you please.

14. Is this gonna be another thread where everyone is pro level tactician?

Knowing exactly what should of been done by who and exactly when?

15. #35 Youngbudder420, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    But it seems everyone is so happy to just call it at well someone who doesnt matter died who cares if the police put her down. Just get ready till its a buddy or a family member of yours and the police said they thought he had a gun or some other bullshit you are going to feel the same way. Also maybe instead of just making sweeping statements pick apart what these so called "pro level tacticians" are saying. You dont have to be a pro level tactician to understand common sense and look at a situation with half a brain.

GC needs an Official Pro Tactician Thread.  I'd be all over dat.

i'm confused...

the kid in the OP looks white to me..

18. Half a brain and your common sense haven't been doing much for you huh?

Maybe we should all wait till its a family member in the position of the police right?

I've seen countless threads with everyone acting like they know exactly what should have happened.

And it's fucking hilarious because you and they have no idea what they're talking about.

You weren't there and you have zero say in what "should have" been done.

19. I second that
    We could cover all of the major political/police/military stories as they were SUPPOSED to happen.
    Cuz we know better lol

20. Yes

Whether or not a cop was injured makes no difference.  The purpose of shooting the driver is to prevent injuries to the cops.  One may say if he's not injured that means it worked.