Should I soak my seeds before planting them straight into soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OffTheGrid420, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Hey James, from what I've heard it doesn't matter which way the seed goes into the soil. Having your soil moist and providing a environment for higher humidity is alot more important for the germination process.

2. The first 5 seeds I put in the soil are all bag seeds. Im going too see if they germinate. If they pop up I will try genetics that I got from online.

3. The method I use was inspired by the rain I just take a small cup and put a sip of water in it and it'll crack. I leave it in a darker spot and wait to see the root coming out and as long as you don't leave the tip in the water too long the seed is typically fine. I have seen what happens to seeds left too long and the root tip dies and turns brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #24 OffTheGrid420, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    It's been 2 days since I put the seeds into the soil and still nothing. I don't think they'll come up. Next go around I'll be putting a heater in the tent because my temps were only around 18c with the 250 air cooled MH bulb on.