Best way to get all the resin on a pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by SydneyJamison, Jan 27, 2015.

1. What's the best way to get rid of resin? I've submerged my piece in water and put it in the microwave for a bit and than would scrape it with a paper clip or bobby pin and I've scraped it with a paperclip and I've noticed I waste alot of resin! It'll be all over my hands and I've seen people that have nearly clean hands right after and have alot of resin more than I would get. Any suggestions?

2. If you want to clean your pipe from all the resin then I would suggest isopropyl alcohol and sea salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

What he said. I usually run hot water through my piece and then give it a salt and iso soak and shake. Then rinse it again with hot water. Repeat as necessary.

You shouldn't need any tools to scrape resin out if you do this enough times. 

4. Do u want to get rid of it or keep it to smoke it?

If get rid of it then what they said if keep it then you'll just have to scrape and get better at it

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. dont save pipe resin, ever..

hot alcohol and salt is your best friend. heat it up in the microwave for no more than 20-30 seconds. BAM! that shit is clean.

6. why shouldn't it be saved?

7. I'd like to field this question... resin is more appropriately called tar. It is a bi-product of smoking and contains more harmful elements than the original plant. 

If that's not enough to convince you, smoke a couple grams of tar in a weekend and see what you cough up on Monday.

8. common sense should tell you that shit is tar and not good for you in the slightest.

but common sense aint that common anymore, sadly...

9. are u calling me a idiot kind sir ;-) resin is strong and there were many time as a kid I enjoyed smoking it while dry. Smoking in general is bad I just try to limit the amount I smoke and consume edibles or vape as often as possible. Just about everything is bad for u if not consumed in moderation.

10. thx makes sense. Never really put much thought into it although I knew it was far unhealthier. I was just curious what his reasoning was figured I could learn something but instead my common sense was questioned lmao just kidding bud my feelings died along time ago

11. not trying to be rude or anything, sorry if I come off like that, tends to happen frequently lol

even if you're dry, you cant just go without? thats some fiending highschool kid shit :p

12. i was just giving u a hard time. I'm an asshole most days. Really a helpful good guy but enjoy being an asshole. My parenting style is kinda like red from that 70's show...

13. #13 Cali Smoker, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  14. hash is better for you than smoking straight flowers, thats for sure. Its just separated gland heads, the actual leaf material is non existent in that equation(as long as its some proper hash :p )

15. #15 Acid Man, Jan 30, 2015
    why do people say resin is just  tar, thats such bullshit, you heat the bud, the oils vaporize and become viscous and some of it sticks to the inside of the pipe,
    what proof do you even have thats it just tar?
    why would it be?
    also anyone who actually smoked it would know that it gets you uber fucked up, i wonder why?
    obviously less pure than bud and not as good for you but when weed is expensive as it is for some off us resin can be a nice back-up.
    if you do have an unlimited supply of dank shit ,good for you, fuck resin.

plus you get high at least 15-20 times to collect enough resin to get high once or twice, its not like your going to have enough of it to harm yourself anyway

16. #16 Acid Man, Jan 30, 2015
    dont.... ever..... post  things from the daily mail, not here, not ever...
    jk but really you should find the orginal study,, i fucking hate them cunts , they spread a lot of propaganda.
    there is studies that point to cannabis cancelling out its own carcinogenic effects and stuff like that too, its not as simple as you may think and theres definitely no conclusive answer

17. You described vaporizing weed. The resin they are all talking about comes from combusting the weed. That's a chemical reaction and it's lining your pipe with black is because it's carbon and other byproducts. It may get you a buzz, but like I said before you can tell it's not good for you by how it makes you feel after smoking it. I noticed I coughed up nastiness when I used to smoke that stuff. 

No one here is telling you to stop doing it. We're simply pointing out that it's not good for you. Also, stop doing it.

18. for the dirtiest piece try CLR.

19. #19 Acid Man, Jan 30, 2015
    you combust weed and inhale the fumes, most of this 'byproduct' is what gets you high

you coughed of nastiness from smoking it? how much of it did you smoke? 
    never happened to me and i wouldnt be trying to give it a better name if it did

I agree with Jimmy completely.  Even oil rig reclaim is poop.