BF Liberty Haze SCROGed in waterfarm

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DrCannaP, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Today is the last day of week 10 since I flipped the light. The girls were on autopilot for 8 days and thank god everything was OK when I got in yesterday!
    Anyway, as you can see in the pics below, the buds put on some weight while I was gone but its still not enough. The trichomes were mostly cloudy with little clear. Amber trichomes were inconspicuous!. These girls, once again, proved to be sativa dominant and will finish maybe in 1-2 weeks.
    I am debating if I should keep feeding them for one more week, or if I should just flush starting tomorrow (week 11) and observe the trichomes and buds overall size. I'll probably decide in the next couple of days.

Any thoughts?
    uploadfromtaptalk1427632765220.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427632800621.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427632841735.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427632877039.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427632906760.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1427632942631.jpg

2. So with time being my limited factor, I figured I have 10 days before I have to chop. And because I'm still seeing new pistils and also because there's hardly any obvious amber trichomes, I decided to give GH Ripen a go for a week to help accelerate the ripening process then flush with RO and a flushing agent for 3 days before I chop. I'd probably chop the tops first and lower the light while I trim the bulk of the harvest letting the bottom popcorns go for a couple of days then I'll chop those.

3. I. Think this will be a very good guide and template for me when I grow this strain in a few months...looking real good

4. Thanks bro!. Feel free to ask about this strain. I grew this strain at least 3 times and in different mediums. You'd love the smoke ;-)

5. I have the beans already but haven't planted yet because I'm nervous about the scrogg. Watched several videos on how to build but the process of filling it out is what's got me. I'm in middle of my 3rd grow right now. Gonna be a whole before I'm ready to tackle this.

6. Nothing to it, bro ...... You let the branch grow up 3-4 inches then you pull it back from underneath and redirect it to fill an adjacent square ..... You keep doing this until 75% full then you flip your lights. It'll be simpler when your screen is up and the plants are growing and you can see what I mean ;-)

7. So a couple of days ago I noticed the ppm. As starting to rise slowly, something that tells me the girls may be slowing down their absorption and metabolism as they're ending their flowering cycle. Also I noticed some colas are getting too heavy for their stems and falling over. So I decided to flush after only 5 days of feeding (so today). I ready on GH FloraKleen bottle that as part of the Ripen application, FloraKleen can be added to the res at the end to "increase sugar production of your crop". So I decided to add my flushing agent, FloraKleen, to the bottom main res to the nutes (Ripen) which is already there.i also added FloraKleen to tap water and filled the top off res. I will empty out the main res in 2 days allowing the top off res to fill out the main res with tap water and flushing agent only (no nutes or ripen). I will let that go for another day or so then start clipping and trimming the branches ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. #28 DrCannaP, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    2 days later (5 days ago from today) I emptied out the bottom res and filled it with tap water with FloraKleen. On the same day, I clipped the front third of the top stretcher colas, trimmed them then threw them on the top shelf of an 8-shelf drying rack. Every day after that I would clip more and trim and lay on another shelf. Today, I finished clipping and trimming my entire harvest. I then emptied out my system and cleaned it. I raised the room temp from 68f (night temp where in the grow tent the temp would be around 73 lights on) to 76 to help dry the flowers faster. The rh in the room was in the low 70s to high 60s throughout the week while the buds were drying very slowly. But today and after emptying my hydro and clipping everything AND with the temp raised to 76, my rh is finally at 51 so far today and that should be much better to dry the herbs. I have 5 days before I leave the country heading to San Diego, so I have to make sure the buds are dry and jarred in maximum 3 days.
    I have a dehumidifier in the room. Any suggestions in setting the dehumidifier rh to help accelerate drying but not compromising the quality?

I plan on keeping the top, dense and fatter buds for my main stash. The bottom fluffy buds that were shaded by leaves will be kept as side stash for making bubble hash, and BHO wax. I already collected all the trim of sugar leaves and lower fluffy small popcorn buds in two bags and threw those bags in the freezer to make bubble hash with them.
    uploadfromtaptalk1428760234141.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1428760255486.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1428760284537.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428760234141.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1428760255486.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1428760284537.jpg

9. This is long overdue. But i guess its better late than never.
    The total dried n cured weight is 432g thats a little over 15 ounces and a little less than a pound. I also got 16grams of bubble hash from the first run from my fresh and frozen trim. Then i did a final run with the rest of the trim and got another 12 grams. Unfortunately i lost the first run's 16 grams to mold when i left town for 2 weeks.
    Now for the smoke report:
    The smell has a strong citrus and lime scent witb a hint of pine. That citrusy scent intensifies when you break or grind the buds. The flavor is reminiscent of the scent though not as intense. The high is a soaring head high with a burst of euphoria. You do get a bit active and cant sit still. The high lasts for about 4 hours and it does get a bit stoney with a heavy body feel later after a couple hours. The high might be a bit trippy for less experienced smokers!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

10. First BHO attempt:
    I packed my extraction tube with 18g of fluffy lower LH buds.
    uploadfromtaptalk1434803887455.jpg

Then i blasted 2 newport cans (250ml each) of butane through. I did this outside and in a 115 degree dry weather.

When the butane was half evaporated, i added 250mls of medical grade laboratory absolute ethanol. And when the ethanol was half gone, i added a little more and froze it over night. I then filtered all the impurities still inside the freezer.
    uploadfromtaptalk1434803905581.jpg

The filtered mix was then placed in a glass plate and on a heat plate set to 118F until all the ethanol evaporated.

A nice amber colored oil was scraped off the plate and placed onto a piece of parchment paper and again placed on the heat plate and overnight.
    uploadfromtaptalk1434803927780.jpg

In the morning i saw that the clear amber oil is starting to ger a bit cloudy and thats when i scraped everything off the paper and placed it into a silicone container.
    uploadfromtaptalk1434803956635.jpg

Total weight is 2.55g out of the 18grams lower quality fluffier and lower buds!

uploadfromtaptalk1434803980357.jpg
    Thoughts and ideas for future runs are welcome.......smoke report to follow ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk