Test Grows, Plant Training & Perpetual Harvests by hddani; DWC, COCO, SOG, LED, Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hddani, Jan 27, 2015.

1. It's ghetto looking but I've used this method when I don't have a closet to dry it in, which the house I bought deff was lacking closets I have 2 for the whole house. So I take the biggest box o can find one I have now is roughly 2.5'x2.5'X2.5' I punch holes all along the top and thread string through. I fold the top up but I unfold the bottom and have it standing on the bottom edges so it's up off the ground then I place a fan at the bottom blowing up into the box. A full box of bud takes 5-6 days before they are ready to be jarred. Like I said works wonders if you don't have a extra closet and don't want to spend money. One box typical holds 6-8 oz's also.

JRAS

2. I seen a couple diy wardrobe moving box set ups. I'll probably be using that when harvest time comes. I think there's a couple threads here on GC. Best part is it's a damn box can just throw it out or fold it up and under the bed it goes.

3. Yo, Dani, where you at man? Must be busy with the fam..lol, checkin up in you pimp!

4. Sup man! Yea got a random migraine took me out for 36 hours I was pretty much in a self induced sleep coma til it passed, then took the fam to dland on Saturday and yesterday was finally able to really pay attention to the girls. Will post a full update in a few!

5. #165 hddani, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    UPDATE
    [DWC] AUTOS Day 51

WW is now in a 15 gallon res w a 40lpm pump on 2 air stones, and even though the roots are literally rotting off she is swelling up with buds like its nothing, ppm decreasing between top offs so I keep bumping it up its currently at 1050 down from 1100 last night. Definitely a n00b friendly strain. I added 1 gallon of heisenberg tea Saturday night, and since Friday ph kept spiking as high as 7.5 every 2-3 hours until this morning it was at 6.1 up from 5.7 early last night. I went through a lot of ph down and even vinegar at one point. 

2.JPG
    That was on 4/23, since then they got worse through Saturday. Added the tea and this morning that gunk shook off real easy and into the solution leaving nute stained roots at the very bottom. I'm hoping it works since it looks like the bennies are having a feast AND ph is finally stabilizing.

3.JPG
    WW, 4/23 Day 47

NL has finished the stretch and almost caught up to WW in height I'd say shes like 6" shorter but a much  meaner bush. Heres pics of the weird leaves also from 4/23 day 47

4.JPG
    5.JPG
    6.JPG
    The first set of leaves, oldest growth, had the familiar structure.
    7.JPG
    8.JPG

This is them later that night, into day 48
    9.JPG
    and then this morning day 51
    11.JPG
    NL still in a 5 gal res with 15lpm air pump 2 stones. Putting her in a 15 gallon res and getting another nasty air pump to get proper 02 levels.

[SOIL] Special Kush#1 & Special Queen#1 Day 16
    SK is a goner, lost it to a caterpillar larvae that ate the stem below the ground. SQ1 is looking fine I think she may be root bound in the party cup and needs nutes finally, development is slowing and cotyledons are yellowing, so into a 5 gallon smart pot she goes with a light feeding and outdoors soon.
    1.JPG
    Thought it had just dried out, then I watered it and checked below...the caterpillar didn't make it either...[​IMG]
    Sprayed everything indoors and out with Azamax just to be safe. I've been bringing these outside during lights on any chance I get so they are hardened off and pests are not welcome.

[HEMPY BUCKETS] Bagseeds Week 13, I believe.
    They're only about 1' tall, and barely getting maybe 5 hours (increasing every day) of direct sunlight now, so they barely look like 2 week old rooted clones that are taking off. Awesome thing is that they are showing sex! I hope they're not flowering but the tight node growth suggests their still in veg to me. So far FOR SURE pistils on 2, small ball looking things I've seen before ([​IMG] ) on the other two, Jibily is fucked up and barely recovering from its near death experience and 1 bagseed is elsewhere getting full daylight all day so I'll check that one as soon as I head over to water it.
    10.JPG

I think thats it, thats for reading!

6. Hell of an update Dani, those roots, man, hope it recovers

7. #168 hddani, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    And it got worse than that pic, at one point it looked like tar on the roots...I'm surprised shes not dead yet, maybe someone needs to tell her the roots are bad cause above the hydroton theres no evidence of it at all her buds keep swelling and look bigger every day. The tea seems to be helping theres less of the tar crap and I see roots again, I hope she pulls through too

68F lights off, up to 72F w/ lights on. She barely got bumped up to that bigger res last week AFTER developing the rot in a bucket the same size as NL but it did have light leaking in. Not this one though I made damn sure to wrap it 2-3x between windshield reflector stuff, panda film, and aluminum tape.

8. Ah yea forgot to mention I added my 1st bloom booster. I was at the hydro store for ph down and new airstones so I asked about any samples since I've never used any. Guy is cool and we talked about my grow a bit and how they're doing so when he came back from the back gave me 2 packets of 40g samples of this stuff that looks like epsom salts with an npk rating of 0-50-55! I added it to both at full strength and ppms went up about 125..not bad and NL seems to really like it this morning she was perkier than I've ever seen her.
    I'll post a pic of the stuff I got it just seemed legit since it has a big warning on there to use it only in early/late flowering and to cut back on base nutes or use less to avoid burning your plants. 1st time I've seen that kind of warning on a product heh

9. I feel bad for you about the rot and the damn pillar. I hope she recovers from the rot. My water has been steady at 73 so I'd be skeptical that water temp caused it unless your plants are sensitive to the temp. Idk hopefully you have it sorted out.

10. I didn't suspect the temps either, I've run at those temps before. I found its a losing a battle trying to keep the res sterile so bennies are the way to go for me personally, I introduced them around week 3 to both but then didn't keep brewing it for the "maintenance'. It has to be from the light leak it was getting for about 3 weeks =/, this plant is a beast tho cause I would never know from looking at it up top even today! She's perky and buds are swelling. Some pistil hairs are turning orange, so its time to buy a jewelers loop in a few weeks hopefully =D
    I peeked at the roots today and almost all the gunk is gone except the uppermost parts where the water isn't reaching. It was nice to see roots with those fibers branching off being churned by the cauldron of bubbles. ph has been rock solid steady at 6.05 for 24 hours.
    I have them both in 15 gallon reservoirs now and adding another air pump today to kill it with 02 levels, and then I leave to Ohio for a week today or tomorrow. Eek
    Decided to leave them both with a slightly higher ppm than I'd usually bump them up...200 instead of 50, ph to 5.5, and ONLY ro water top offs with ph adjustments until I get back, the most KISS I could come up with without someone I absolutely fully trust measuring out nutes n stuff.

11. #172 inthelooperton, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Looks like you got a good plan bro. And yes by the top of that plant, I would never ever have thought the roots were bad, especially that bad.. Shes sure is a soldier. Are you , or have you ever used hydrogaurd(aquashield)

12. #173 hddani, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015

For real hu? I'll recommend her to any growers who ask about a resilient strain! I've seen others lose their plants quick AF when the roots get attacked...she's been 'sick' over a week! 
    And to answer your q yep I've been running hydroguard for... 3 weeks. I remember the roots looking healthy up through a week ago, so somewhere in those 2 weeks something happened to tip the bio warfare scales in favor of the nasties. I'm just going to assume the combo of hydroguard and heisenberg tea (my latest batch added Saturday was brewed with both hydroguard and great white) 

13. Just picked up a 70lpm pump and a few more airstones, 3 pumps total will be 125lpm of 02 into ~36 gallons of soup. If anyone can check my math I'd appreciate it but I got:

36 gallons * 2 (2lpm per gallon) = 72 lpm MINIMUM requirement, for 36 gallons

Soooooooooooooo 125lpm should be double the recommended amount I hope the system can run without input from me and no issues for a week!

14. They should be fine. My PPMS were a bit high for my plants causing the tip burns I've just been adding water for the past week and not adding nutes. I guess I have been lucky with my plants, apart from that strange fish tank smell at the beginning I haven't had any issues and I've only flushed the reservoirs 3 times the entire grow. I'm hoping that by the time you get back you'll see a big positive change in the roots!

15. hehe yea its either closer to harvest or bust! I'm going to really be itching to come home

16. AGH! Just getting back in from a week in Ohio and my last post before leaving didn't post haha oh well.

The plants look good!!! No one was able to check on em while I was gone, ph was at 4.8 on both =[ no idea to know how long they were locked out, fixed since. ppms also shot up but that was expected, top off brought em roughly back to what I left them at
    WW has completely new white roots overgrowing the old brown shit, nice little white hairs shooting out of everywhere and all parts of the net pot. Heisenberg tea...rocks! Going to start brewing a new batch for "maintenance"

17. 1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Weaker of 2 males chopped, pulled out hard and ripped this root ball out

4.jpg
    Female topped, left cutting in a poke style cloner hehe
    5.jpg
    Took that tall one as a cutting, the plant left outside is flowering

6.jpg
    ready for transplant, it loved it and is blowing up!

18. Wow, they still look good bro! Amazing plants arnt they man!

19. That collidal silver looks awesome man, I had no clue! I might look into that for sure bro!