Test Grows, Plant Training & Perpetual Harvests by hddani; DWC, COCO, SOG, LED, Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hddani, Jan 27, 2015.

1. looking great! 👍

2. #103 hddani, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Just started week 4. Last night I finally added the heisenberg tea 1 cup ea. and topped off with ro water 1/2 gallon ea. Then I added 1 tsp per gallon of mendocino honey to both, damn that stuff will bring your ph down! Both dropped to around 5.2 and I have no ph up so I'm getting that today in case its still low at lights on. Ppms were 350 and 300 for WW and NL, respectively. I'm giving them a day or 2 after stable ph to see how they respond to the higher ppms and then moving both from 3.5 gallon to 5 gallon buckets topping off the diff with ro water then feeding according to results.
    I may move the light a bit higher to encourage a little stretch and also bump it up to 300watts from 200.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1354378-hddani%27s-Journey-to-a-Harvest

3. Bagseeds got flushed, also topped up the fabric pots with more perlite/vermiculite.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860265.676734.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860304.297916.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860383.637536.jpg
    Eagle clawing, N tox I believe. Their next watering will be another flush, then fed at 600ppm again.
    Autos update
    Turned the LED off for a minute
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860527.216733.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860672.444729.jpg
    WW
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860729.468019.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860801.123811.jpg
    Seen the tearing above on my previous grow and epsom salt seemed to help so I added 1/2 strength light application of GH calmag to hopefully take care of that
    NL
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860928.516875.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427860947.851979.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1354378-hddani%27s-Journey-to-a-Harvest

4. Hey hddani was curious if you used a silica product at all, if not might be something to consider. I've personally noticed it seems to strengthen my leaves by a noticeable amount it also has other qualities that make it a must in my garden. I recently grew one plant without it since I ran out and I figure give it a try see if I really need it...bad idea sure enough later into flower I started to have brittle leaves a little bit due to heat but the heat wasn't anything crazy to where with the silica they make have shown a little stress like the ones without it but they never become brittle to where I can break a leaflet by folding it. Just thought I would throw that out there due to your leaf tearing.

G

5. Plants are looking good btw especially that beefy widow.

G

Thanks jras =] I've heard of silica before but never looked into it, i'll check it out! 

Looks like the calmag worked on the WW, before applying I could see the newest growth developing awkwardly AND 2 leaves got a couple of dot sized rust spots. Its trucking along now pistils everywhere and stretching out into a bush, not really upward yet. That new growth that was awkward or w/e will have the tears but the newest growth looks A+.
    Weird genetics, at first the leaves were short and fat like an indica but now the newest ones are so long and skinny like a sativa...I can't wait to see the buds.
    The poor NL must've been really shocked by the ph spike a week or two ago. It didn't look quite 100% until this morning, & its about 1/2 the size of the WW. That will most definitely affect yield but oh well still got 4 beans of that one =]
    Notes: water line slowly but steadily lowering & ppm on both rose a little then stayed steady since then until this morning; WW ppm dropped a little NL still steady. In the meantime ph of both rose by about .2 every 24 hours.
    Tonight I leave to Vegas until Sunday, definitely feeding WW with top off and ph down to 5.5 I expect it to be around 6.2 when I return.
    Same with NL just need a final ppm reading before leaving to decide what ppm to leave it at.

7. On the road, goodbye til Sunday ladies! Left the AC on 78, made sure everything was hooked up and timer was a-ok. WW topped off then ppm up to 420 w/ fng & 2.5ml calmag. NL was still steady so topped off and ppm brought back up to 275. Ph both to 5.5, lets let DWC take over! Heres pics right before lights on at 6pm
    Group shot
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428024166.358094.jpg
    WW
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428024220.978284.jpg
    NL
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428024241.046440.jpg
    Ah yea raised the light about 6" and bumped it up to full power!

8. They are moving right along nicely man. I'm sure the girls will miss you.
    Good luck in vegas.

9. Healthy green looking plants man. That color is the truth right there.[​IMG]

10. Thanks guys, takin a break atm. I've come up so far! 😝

Hope the plants are fine they should be, not worrying about it til I get back hah

11. Thats great man, take their $$$!! Haha
    I'll be there next month with couple buddies.

12. Oh Vegas hope you have fun, I always love me some craps. If you get a chance put $20 on red for ol JRAS. Good luck n walk away ahead!

G

13. Nice win! Ladies looking nice man.

14. Another thing you can do during this phase of growth and since its dwc and a auto I highly recommend this, take the top 5 branches (4 next to cola and cola) and give a gentle pinch about 1" below the nugs. This is a great technique for this stage and by only fracturing the stem instead of super cropping "sever fracture and 90 degree bend" being a auto you don't want to take away from time to recover and build the big knot but the fracture will slow the stretch down and make all the branches beefier. You want to try and slow down that stretching so you can keep those two close together in height for optimal lighting. Just a technique I've used in the past and works very well for the stretch. Just a suggestion is all, looking good tho

G

15. Thanks jras I actually was considering that after seeing it on a few journals. I finally did it last night and this morning the tops had already turned back towards the light. The stem is still pinched though, I like the shape it has now and how I'm thinking it might fill out with buds

16. Oh yea it deff will fill everything out, doing that sending auxins more equally throughout the plant making more budsites and beefing everything up its a beautiful thing haha.

G

17. Yep those stems are definitely beefing up now and feel stiffer, I wouldn't dare try to bend them now so I'm glad I did it when I did. WW may be finishing up the stretch shes within 1" of the LED and seems to have stopped. The branches tied down are turning back to the light and the bud sites further down the branch are reaching for the light as well, they've been lowered to the base of the plant but have full access to light with no blockage so it'll be interesting to see how those bud sites fill out compared to those closer to the light.
    Tomorrow she gets the first res change and switch to bloom nutes. Not sure if she'll need the CalMg in flower. Mixed the grow nutes to 450 ppm +calmg .5 ml/gal +MH (mendecino honey) .5 ml/gal final pm was 500 and its still dropping. The holes in the leaves are not appearing on new growth.
    NL isn't stretching yet I don't think, its about the size WW was last time I saw it before leaving to Vegas so I hope it catches up soon! Pics up whenever she does!
    Oh ya! May be moving my outdoor balcony bagseed ones to a friends backyard AND kicking off more beans (mine and his). They'll be safer IMO and of course 100% legal. It wil be both of our first outdoor runs this season so were starting off easy with 10 plant, that should keep us busy but not overwhelmed. Germinating around 4/18 so they're hopefully born 4/20, fem photos and autos [​IMG]