DIY Concentrate nail?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by DetroitToker313, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so I have been intrested in getting some wax for some time now. I was thinking about how I could smoke it without a nail. I was thinking that I could make a "coil" out of some gauged wire (something like this, http://www.walmart.com/ip/Darice-20-Gauge-Beading-Wire-15-yd/26632961). Would that work? I would coil it, heat it, put it in my bowl and dab off of that. My only concerns being, is there a plating/coating on the wire that could be harmful to my health? If so, is there something else I could use to make a "coil"? Thanks.

2. Hoping this is just a troll thread...If you can't afford Quartz or Titanium, buy a glass nail they are like $10 or less, they just can break much easier. A do it yourself nail or coil sounds like a pretty bad idea.

3. I was looking to get the wax tomorrow, but the fastest a nail can get to me is by saturday. Was just tossing around a shower thought.

theoretically, you could, just not with what your looking at. you can only dab from medical grade titanium, quartz or glass, and ceramic. ive heard of people back in the old days who would smoke hash with a hot stone haha. there can and definitely will be some horrible taste, copper and silver are horrible for you lol. really horrible. what kind of piece do you have? are you talking about a spoon hand bowl? you can get bowls like that made for oil, but ceramic nails are like 15-30 bucks, glass nails even cheaper. so if you have a bong with a glass on glass joint you should just convert it. if you dont have a bong then i suggest shopping around on the grasscity store, you can get a pretty nice tube or oil rig for 50-60 bucks. 

also you can check into e-pens. if you go to a vape store they usually carry a concentrate tank, sometimes they refer to it as dry herb for legality. theyre usually 12-16 dollars for the tank, and you can get a decent battery for about 15 as well. you can also go all out and shell a bit more cash and get one of the real ass e cigs that smoke like fuck, but theyre really harsh and smoke the hell out of hash. the 30 dollar setup will conserve the hell out of hash, and since you havent had wax before it will get you plenty stoned. avoid pens that are like 3 in 1 kits(plant, concentrate, ecig) that you may find in a headshop, as theyre cheaply made and break easy, its the reason youll see all sorts of deals on them and rap artists having like 50 boxes for when they break. go to a vape store for e pens not the headshop. its pretty awesome cause all you do is press a button and get stoned, and also doesnt smell as pungent and strong as smoked weed

i definitely suggest getting wax though, but i also suggest you try not to do nothing but dab. keep some actual flower around smoke on that, hash blows your tolerance out of proportion and gets to sucking when you cant get stoned off a bowl of weed. best of luck with your endeavors, dont smoke from anything sketchy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.