3 AutoFlower Aerogarden Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by HulkHogie8, Jan 26, 2015.

1. But also keep in mind that autos don't need as much nutrients as a photoperiod plant, they're much more sensitive.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. I had a similar experience my last grow
    I didn't even have a test kit until halfway through flower

3. How would you rate the Mars hydro LED? That was definitely my first choice for months, decided on a Kind led just because I suddenly came up on the money for it, but have friends who are trying to get into growing as well and don't have $600 to drop on a light, does it grow decent yields and buds or would you have rather gone with something else given the chance?

4. #24 HulkHogie8, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    I haven't had an issue with it
    My first grow generated some nice, tasty, decent sized buds
    Keeps my tent at a decent temps true even with my shotty vent system
    Overall I like it and you can't beat 300W for under 100 bucks
    Only downside, if you can call it that, is the cooling fans a little loud but I manage to still keep it stealthy

5. Day 18 from seed/ general intro to my grow

First is a picture of my closet in which my grow tent is in
    Next is the best shot I could get of my whole tent
    Third and fourth is a couple different looks at my 3 girls
    Then I go back to my typical blueberry bliss, white widow, blueberry domina order
    Still getting more worried about the domina
    In the picture I took of just the domina you can see the weird color on one of my leaves
    The last two shots are of my ventilation system that is pretty lame
    Nute soup ph is current at 5.0

Attached Files:

6. Looking good! They're coming along nicely, glad to see its working out for you, can't wait to be where you're at, only a few weeks. Feels like a few years right now.
    The ventilation system might actually be enough for you, it's not like you have heat to deal with from HID's. Damn I love LED. That pink is like nothing else. If anything maybe an inline exhaust fan with a carbon filter if you really wanted to, that would keep lots of fresh air flow to your babies.
    Have you considered some type of co2 enhancement? I hear it's especially efficient with LED's since the lights don't have ducts sucking all the co2 away before the plants can use it, and from what I've seen it looks to be a worthy investment, perhaps a greenpad from Amazon, cheap little co2 generators that could make a big difference. I was considering picking up a 5 pack for $30, figure any additional life blood is better than none.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with my blueberry domina.
    The ventilation I have now is super loud once I get some outlet timers I can put the inline fans on I will have everything running perfectly and will never have to open the tent other than to feed the girls
    Once I get to that point I will get some sort of co2 booster
    I'm also looking to get some sort of bubbler to put in my reservoir
    You have any good ones you use?

8. I use a cheap Walmart fish tank bubbler with a .99 cent O2 stone and my plants love it, I do plan on taping the hose down to the bottom so all the roots actually get hit with the air, this is one area I really don't think it hurts to go the cheap route. Of course it would be better to have a pump with multiple hookups and a stone for each plant but the cheap ones work just fine.

9. Smokin on some of the last of my Perma frost now

Attached Files:

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041475.576621.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041494.112064.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041517.465195.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041534.710567.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041548.726195.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041567.468653.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041619.779213.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424041635.610629.jpg

Day 21
    Went out and picked up a bubbler for my reservoir
    Looks cool but idk if I set it up correctly
    The bliss and white widow look nice and the domina still looks mutated
    I'm not sure what to do about the domina at all
    Do I pull it or what?
    I'm expecting my thriving plants to start to shoot up here soon

11. My humidity is staying pretty low like 25-35%
    Is there anyway I can get that number up without a humidifier?
    I'm afraid it would make my tent too hot
    Currently my tent is at 73.5 degrees Fahrenheit
    I finally rigged my set up so I can keep my tent completely closed and the temperature stays reasonable

12. I would definitely try to aim the bubbles under the domina roots more than the other two, maybe that'll help her recover a little quicker.
    If you wanna up the humidity, you can just leave a plate or bowl with a little of water under the light, it'll eventually evaporate and raise the humidity. check back a little while later and take it out when you find your sweet spot.
    Figured this out by accident actually, left my reservoir lid open overnight, woke up to an extremely low water level and humidity through the roof, it was like opening a door into a rainforest. And you can just open the door and let it air out if it gets too humid, should take care of it pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. For sure aiming those bubbles at the domina right now
    I have tried to get my humidity up last grow doing that same thing with a cup of water and it never did much
    This leads me to another question
    Is having a low humidity necessarily a bad thing?
    What negatives can come from a low humidity other than dehydration of the plants which are sitting in water constantly so dehydration can't be a problem

14. I'm thinking burns without moisture but I could be wrong

15. keep your temperature within reason and you should be fine. My humidity dropped to those levels as well and I'm happy as hell about it. You're right about them being ok since they're suspended in the water, that'd be your only problem if you were growing in soil, but hell yes, keep it low! No bud rot in the future, that's a really good thing. If it gets below 20%, you might run into problems, just because plants don't like extremes, but you're not in any trouble with 25-35%

16. Yeah my temperature is on the lower end anyway
    I figure if i want those blueberry buds to get some real color to them is to keep the climate on the cooler side
    My girls have been taking in huge amounts of water the past few days
    They have been eaten realllll good haha
    I have had to fill my reservoir up halfway just about every morning
    I also added a outlet timer that controls my ventilation and water pump to help cut down on the power bill
    I'll post a few pictures after I get home from school

17. Ohhh man I believe the blueberry bliss has begun showing sex
    Pistils pic to come soon

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424397497.662924.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424397523.332639.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424397541.062140.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424397554.594925.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424397575.762855.jpg
    Domina seems to be trying its best to stay with the litter
    White widow just developed it 5th node and if it goes on the same path as the blueberry bliss then it should show its sex by he end of the weekend
    Roots are looking cool
    Added a fan just for the domina
    Finally
    First signs of lady parts on the blueberry bliss
    I'm so excited to see the way the bliss turns out
    By far my favorite of the three
    It has damn near zero imprecations and hopefully grows up to be a beautiful young lady

• Like Like x 1
  19. That my friend, is beautiful. Loving those pistils. Glad to see them evening out so well, feels like I'm looking into my closet a month from now. Keep it up

20. What's crazy is I have only been growing these for 25 days from seed!