30 reasons (root bound) is a myth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenthumbs21, Jan 26, 2015.

1. This is civil....you should read the other thread with the guy with the one plant. Hahaha

Sorry im blunt....military background... scientific mind

Smaller pots aren't going to fix that.  Don't mean to repeat myself, but you just hit the nail on the head.  Stop over watering and over feeding.  The fact that new growers do this does not make root bound a myth.  

3. I wish they could understand these words....then less small plant problems....i was just trying to show visual proof you dont have to fill a swimming pool with dirt and water for a sprout.

Like i said....i guess wrong words..

****.but its better than telling someone to repot and start nutes a week after roots*****

4. LOL

Take it easy guy :wave:

~ poke

5. How do the roots know when I'm going to harvest? I don't even know yet.

6. #46 homer simpson, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015

I'm all for taking the fight to the over lovers.  When I read through the sick plant section I'm always reminded of the joke about trying to cook a recipe for 20 minutes at 600 degrees when it's supposed to be 1 hr at 350.  

Patience is the last lesson a grower learns.

LOL, funny shit.

Even funnier shit!

7. If you saw my thought process daily you would see my ocd problem.....great thinker....horrible communicator

I would never give anyone bad info.....but it is good to change some peoples thought process.

My main pet peeve is everyone of the good growers likes to show monsters but not tell the people how long it takes to grow.....this gives the new grow ZERO reality in the world of growing indoors.

8. if you think the roots grow till harvest....i want 2 of whatever you're takin.

you could be a bit more reserved in your attempt at educating and or debating, verses slinging insults at people.

yes the roots do dictate cessation in annual herbaceous plants, through hormonal signaling.

10. Ya sorry.....bad with words......feelings mean nothing to me....when we are all here for professional info.

I dont meant to be a dick to anyone that is just looking for info.....im just a mile a minute and dont take kindly to quoting someone with ZERO constructive info......so i dish it back.....just what im good at or born with

11. Youre a good guy, but you make false claims and when shown otherwise, rather than be humbled you become defensive.

I totally get it and I always respect growers who think different, trust me, ask these guys, ive stood against many of my brothers to protect an underdog making a fool of himself. But, that said, everyones got their own amount of rope. You wanna hang yourself with your own words thats your choice brother.

You post a lot of sensational stuff that simply isnt true.

that said, i prefer a two month veg time, i dont care who knows lol

ONLY reason i didnt answer you that day a few weeks back is because your response felt agressive and challenging and because pretty much everyone knows from a simple journal read over that i prefer an 8 week or longer veg time.

But veg isnt the reason we grow monsters bro, we know our shit, pun intended, we are farmers. This is my full time job man, been gettin paid to grow for YEARS and im not talking about selling either, i mean people pay me to teach them this stuff.

Its not work when its your passion. Youre isolating yourself with each weird claim, post, and aggressive response. People arent gonna take you serious or respect you with threads like these, but troll you they will.

You catch more flies with honey my friend, just sayin

Take it easy bud :wave:
    ~ poke

12. #52 greenthumbs21, Jan 26, 2015
    Thats accepted. ...im not even 30 and have paid a mortgage and an ex wifes rental with this plant for 6 out of 10 total years now.

I would love for someone to start picking apart my grows.....ill glady do the same to many.....not defensive....just hear a ton of talk and no results.

Im in school and wish to finish at uc davis with a phd in plant behavior. ...me giving people wrong info is only relative to the ones giving wrong info. Like said b4....my info does not come from a hippy that needs an acre of land to make a pound ....but the ones that write these stupid text books america reads.

Also said b4....i do things to be the best and have the best.... not to say i have been TRYING it the longest.

So now that you just said i give wrong info....thats fine.

Is your 2 month veg from clone or seed?

Any nutes in veg?

What is your oz to sq ft ratio?

What light or sun?

I would rather not give bad info anymore....just ask questions.

wouldnt the one thats making a fool of himself be failing to grow a sprout and not getting a 1099 from his plant?

13. #53 greenthumbs21, Jan 26, 2015
    I understand im kinda the new guy BUT i wouldnt put my name on information i dont use myself.

And this is the reason i will never consider myself an underdog...i dont need peers or a peanut gallery....unlike most.....i can do or figure out anything you can and do it myself...just doing it faster.

Attached Files:

interacting with fellow human beings has to come before you can ever educate, placate or eradicate anything or anyone. everyone posses the ultimate power to make change within themselves and view life as they wish, choose wisely.

15. I like this a lot and will keep it in mind.....personally i dont think i was ever made to interact with people, Im horrible with people! I just know in my time i have advanced leaps and bound over some and would like to share. Im not the best or oldest in the game .....BUT....obviously i collect data faster than most.

I try to be civil with everyone...this forum helps with communication because i have no friends....my whole life is a profession.....its good to mingle with folk that have the same goal......BUDS!!!!....i dont take kindly to some words though...im glad people rarely see me snap in person.

16. How do you know what your roots are doing?
    Do you take them out of the pots?
    Rinse them off and check growth progress?
    Do you weigh them?

I personally don't know what my roots are doing, and I don't want to disturb them to find out either.

17. As a matter of fact yes....i run so many i take one out occasionally. ...not anymore because of mental notes.....you cant weigh them because there is no control. ....just watered or just about to water.

If you take the same ones out of the pot each week you can take a picture of one side ....like a fingerprint. ..you can tell when it stops changing.

18. Wouldn't you only see what's going on at the edge of the soil?
    What about the rest?

I have 15 & 20 gal pots, I'm not able to pick them up, nor would I risk disturbing the soil.

19. If all you were doing was judging root grow then yes by the side of the pot and bottom (tap root cluster) you can tell withing 2 weeks when it stops growth.

***do not do this...may stunt flower.*******..i just have extra for experiments.

20. I got a tiny rooted clone from a friend and stuck it straight into a 20 gallon container of coco, then vegged it 3 months to the day, then put it into flower.

Here she is at day 23.. Gonna be a biggun. :ey: :

[​IMG]